Shonn Greene's Fantasy Value? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shonn Greene's Fantasy Value?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Shonn Greene's Fantasy Value?

Postby calicocal » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:25 pm

Just wondering what you guys all think of shonn greene's value for next year now that LT has signed with the Jets. He was projected to be a bottom rb1 top rb2 kind of guy. Where is he going to be now?
calicocal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Shonn Greene's Fantasy Value?

Postby biju » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:42 pm

I'm not so sure this does too much to his value immediately, although it's tough to tell exactly how they are going to use LT. I'm thinking this might have a more detrimental effect on Leon Washington's value going forward. But still, I wouldn't freak out about this quite yet, especially in a dynasty league where people are going to assume this is going to mean a huge loss in carries.

LT is going to be insurance, a good 3rd down back (who can block well), and possibly a second option at the goal line. This is still Shonn Greene's team by my book however.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:40 pm

biju wrote:I'm not so sure this does too much to his value immediately, although it's tough to tell exactly how they are going to use LT. I'm thinking this might have a more detrimental effect on Leon Washington's value going forward. But still, I wouldn't freak out about this quite yet, especially in a dynasty league where people are going to assume this is going to mean a huge loss in carries.

LT is going to be insurance, a good 3rd down back (who can block well), and possibly a second option at the goal line. This is still Shonn Greene's team by my book however.

I agree. This is more crushing on Washington's value then Greene's. As a Greene owner in a dynasty league, i was actually worried he'd get too much work his first year of heavy usage. Remember, he's a 24 yo RB and suddenly getting the lionshare of the carries for the team that ran the most last year is a recipe for a very short, possibly injury-plagued, career. I'm hoping LT can be productive.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby sublimeandy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:49 pm

i don't think leon washington is draftable anymore. i would put shonn greene as a borderline rb2/rb3 with major upside. i don't know if it makes sense to take away goalline carries from greene given his size, but that might be the key to his value.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk