2010 Fact/Fiction - give it a try - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2010 Fact/Fiction - give it a try

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2010 Fact/Fiction - give it a try

Postby Cameron10483 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:46 pm

Fiction- Unless AP fumbles his first 10 goaline carries or gets injured, there's no way this happens.

F/F- Chris Johnson finishes ahead of AP in FP for 2010 in a non-ppr league?
Standard Scoring, 8 Team $ League, Start...QB,QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,FLEX X3,TE,K,DEF.
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DEF-
Cameron10483
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jcgage0 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:06 pm

Fact. CJ will continue to tear it up like last year and edge out AP who also has a very strong year.

Fact or Fiction: Will Michael Bush eclipse 1000 yards and 8 TDs?
jcgage0
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:45 pm

Fiction. For the past few years, you could count on Oakland to have a surprisingly good running game. Those days appear to be gone. Al Davis will insist that McFadden continue to get his touches, limiting the season Bush could have if he were on a team managed by human beings.

F/F - Garrard starts week 17 for the Jaguars vs Texans.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby markulous » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:05 pm

Fact. McCown is a backup and I doubt Trevor Harris improves that much to actually take over the starting spot in his rookie season. Garrard will start every game this year barring injury, no question. With a deep crop of QBs in next year's draft I expect our QB situation to be a little better than now. Seeing as how he'll be 33 next year, unless he really turns it around, he probably won't be our QB next season unless: A. We find no other viable option through FA/trades or the draft - or - B. He has a monster year and tears it up. I suppose it's possible if he does have a good season this year and we do draft a QB, Garrard could start next year until that guy is ready.

F/F: At some point in the season James Jones will be more productive than Donald Driver and be a viable fantasy option.
markulous
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby dgan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:42 am

markulous wrote:F/F: At some point in the season James Jones will be more productive than Donald Driver and be a viable fantasy option.

Fiction. I think the WR3 "position" will be more productive than Driver, but I think Jones and Nelson continue to rotate in that role. Until one of them sets themself apart, I don't think they unseat Driver. Probably next year, but not this one. Driver is still one of the best possession receivers in the league, has an incredible work ethic, and is tough as nails. He's the one that Rodgers relies on when he's in trouble. He really is Mr. Reliable on this offense, and I think he'll have one more solid (albeit unimpressive) season.

F/F - Roy Williams has the season everyone was expecting from Dez Bryant.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby benb18a » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 pm

Fiction. Roy Williams is done, as much as I hate to say it.

F/F: Anthony Gonzalez bounces back and has the production he was supposed to have in 2009

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby dgan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:24 pm

benb18a wrote:F/F: Anthony Gonzalez bounces back and has the production he was supposed to have in 2009

Fiction as well. In his case, he missed his window unfortunately due to his injury (and did his part in ruining my fantasy season, since I was banking on him doing what Garcon did). He'll still play in the slot, but now I think you see a rotation with Collie. And Indianapolis still likes to run 2TEs and step Clark out into the slot, so it is almost like a 3 player rotation. I think he could have been the one that took Harrison's spot or at least become a permanent fixture in the slot. But now I think outside of Wayne, Garcon, and Clark it is a crapshoot.

F/F - Delhomme has a decent season (use your own definition of "decent") :-D
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby asafwiner » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:11 pm

Fiction: Delhomme is the sound starter for now, but he's always been a high-risk gunslinger. And without Steve Smith and a dynamic Carolina running game, it'll be tough for him to figure out defenses. And lets not forget that the AFC North is no cake walk. Expect a tough year out of him.

F/F: Chris Johnson repeats for another 2,000 + yards this season (put aside for a sec his outlandish 2,500 yard claim)
asafwiner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mattb47 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:22 pm

Fiction. There's a reason that 2000 yards is such an incredible feat that doesn't happen often...it's very tough to do and I don't see him getting there for rushing yards. 2000+ total yards is a reasonable amount but not rushing.

F/F: We have more than 10 QBs with over 4000 yards passing this year. For reference, last year we had 10 exactly.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:22 pm

Fiction. Of those 10, I think you lose Favre (whether he plays or not), Eli Manning, Roethlisberger and maybe Rivers (I'm undecided until we know the Jackson situation). Possible additions: Cutler, Flacco, and Palmer. Cutler is the only one I'd put money on. So I think in the end, the math adds up to 8 or 9 at the most - and that's assuming those all stay healthy.

Good question! ;-D

F/F: Andre Johnson goes for over 1500 yards again. (He has been the only one to eclipse that mark in each of past 2 seasons.)
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk