2010 Fact/Fiction - give it a try - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2010 Fact/Fiction - give it a try

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2010 Fact/Fiction - give it a try

Postby bostonsoxandy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:27 pm

dgan wrote:Fiction. Of those 10, I think you lose Favre (whether he plays or not), Eli Manning, Roethlisberger and maybe Rivers (I'm undecided until we know the Jackson situation). Possible additions: Cutler, Flacco, and Palmer. Cutler is the only one I'd put money on. So I think in the end, the math adds up to 8 or 9 at the most - and that's assuming those all stay healthy.

Good question! ;-D

F/F: Andre Johnson goes for over 1500 yards again. (He has been the only one to eclipse that mark in each of past 2 seasons.)

Ficiton-Tough question because Andre undoubtedly has the talent to easily put up 1500 yards a third time...But the only way he can is if Schaub is healthy, and since Schaub has played a full season only 3 out of his 6 years...I don't think its likely...toughie though

Fact or Fiction-Jonathan Stewart has a better fantasy season than DeAngelo Williams
bostonsoxandy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cameron10483 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:27 pm

Fiction- D Will is playing for #1 RB money. Unless there is an injury to D Will I see Carolina "renting" him this year and running him to death. I think J Stew will vulture some TD's and get 10-12 touches a game, but they tote the rock about 30 + normally.

F/F- Mendy gets 1200 + rushing and 10 + total TD?
Standard Scoring, 8 Team $ League, Start...QB,QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,FLEX X3,TE,K,DEF.
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DEF-
Cameron10483
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby asafwiner » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:10 pm

Fact: Mendenhall rushed for 1,100 yds and nabbed 8 TDs (7 rushing + 1 Receiving) last year. We can expect his role to increase in the first 6 games to take pressure off Byron Leftwich, and may continue to increase depending on how successful the Steelers are in their attack.

F/F: Adrian Peterson posts 1,700 rush yards and loses less than 4 fumbles (he had 1,383 and 6 fumbles lost last season).
asafwiner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby dgan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:37 pm

Fiction. The stats you present are certainly possible, but I think very unlikely. First, he has to stay healthy. He's held up pretty well so far, but he is a terribly violent runner and that is just asking for trouble. Second, he is a terribly violent runner - wait did I say that already? My point is, it isn't his strenght or the way he holds the ball that causes fumbles (ala Tiki Barber). It is the way he is always looking for contact, wrestling for extra yards, and regularly requires to be gang tackled which is when many fumbles occur. I don't know about you, but I don't see him changing his running style, and if he did he probably wouldn't run for 1700. So I think either of those numbers are possible, but the liklihood of both happening in the same season? Slim.

F/F: Bradshaw outproduces Jacobs in yards AND touchdowns.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby bungle613 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:21 pm

dgan wrote:
F/F: Bradshaw outproduces Jacobs in yards AND touchdowns.

Fiction - I bought into the Bradshaw hype briefly as I like the guy and think he is a very talented RB. Bottom line is that he is hurt often and is a 5" nothing, 190 lbs RB. Jacobs is the RB1 and is an absolute beast when healthy.

F/F - C.J Spiller is a top 20 RB in PPR for 2010.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Cameron10483 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:30 pm

Fiction- loaded backfield, rookie, horrible team and scenario.

CJ, AP, MJD, RR, Gore, Charles, Turner, Mathews, D Will, Greene, Mendy, PT, McCoy, S Jax, Grant, Forte, Stewart, Benson, F Jones, Moreno, J Stew (in no order) are guys I'd take over him, and J. Best.

F/F- Mendy is a bust due to no big ben and huge injuries and a horrible o line.
Standard Scoring, 8 Team $ League, Start...QB,QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,FLEX X3,TE,K,DEF.
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DEF-
Cameron10483
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dgan » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:22 pm

Cameron10483 wrote:F/F- Mendy is a bust due to no big ben and huge injuries and a horrible o line.

Fiction? It depends on how you define "bust". I think he turns out being a solid RB2. If you take him in the first round, I think you'll be disappointed, but he'll be a workhorse back on a team that will run a lot. Just because of the number of touches he'll get, I don't see (barring injury of course) how he could "bust" by mammoth proportions.

F/F - 200 carries for Michael Bush in Oakland.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby bostonsoxandy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:16 am

dgan wrote:
Cameron10483 wrote:F/F- Mendy is a bust due to no big ben and huge injuries and a horrible o line.

Fiction? It depends on how you define "bust". I think he turns out being a solid RB2. If you take him in the first round, I think you'll be disappointed, but he'll be a workhorse back on a team that will run a lot. Just because of the number of touches he'll get, I don't see (barring injury of course) how he could "bust" by mammoth proportions.

Fiction-Consistency in anything in Oakland is laughable. Don't draft Raiders is my best advice....

Fact/Fiction-Aaron Rodgers getting sacked so frequently is an injury concern you have to weigh in if drafting him
bostonsoxandy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby abrunn11 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:24 pm

bostonsoxandy wrote:
dgan wrote:

Fiction-Consistency in anything in Oakland is laughable. Don't draft Raiders is my best advice....

Fact/Fiction-Aaron Rodgers getting sacked so frequently is an injury concern you have to weigh in if drafting him

Fiction - Rodgers has proven to be durable and should be a top 2-3 QB taken. He has a great chance of being the top QB this year.

F/F: Bernard Scott will have more rushing yards AND TD'd than Cedric Benson.
abrunn11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgan » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:12 pm

abrunn11 wrote:
bostonsoxandy wrote:
dgan wrote:

Fiction - Rodgers has proven to be durable and should be a top 2-3 QB taken. He has a great chance of being the top QB this year.

F/F: Bernard Scott will have more rushing yards AND TD'd than Cedric Benson.

Fiction, barring injury. Not even close. Benson will have easily 3 times the number of carries, yards, and TDs as Scott. Workhorse back vs the backup.

F/F: New England has a fantasy relavent TE this season.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk