Happy St. Paddy's Day!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Happy St. Paddy's Day!!

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:37 am

scottaa1 wrote:
Metroid wrote:we named it after our friend Adam who turned us on

8-o

"dude, 'she' has an adam's apple."

She? Wait what? get you mind out of the gutter! actually I think you've seen a pic of Adam's girlfriend before. ;-)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:46 am

Oh.. 'that' girl?? :-L
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:48 am

scottaa1 wrote:Oh.. 'that' girl?? :-L

:-D
Metroid

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:20 am

Metroid wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:
Metroid wrote:we named it after our friend Adam who turned us on

8-o

"dude, 'she' has an adam's apple."

She? Wait what? get you mind out of the gutter! actually I think you've seen a pic of Adam's girlfriend before. ;-)

i feel left out :,-(
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:33 pm

I'm drinking gin and tonic a lot lately. It's got a good taste for my maturing taste buds. :-B

Gotta switch to Gin and Soda though sice I'm doing Atkins along with the 100 pushups
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:49 pm

joejlitz wrote:Gotta switch to Gin and Soda though sice I'm doing Atkins along with the 100 pushups

If I'm not mistaken, any alcohol you drink is metabolized into sugars which are burned before any stored energy would be, so alcohol is a no-no for Atkins.

Look on the bright side, you can eat as many baconburgers you want, you'll just have to stay sober.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:52 pm

joejlitz wrote:I'm drinking gin and tonic a lot lately. It's got a good taste for my maturing taste buds. :-B

Gotta switch to Gin and Soda though sice I'm doing Atkins along with the 100 pushups

gin and tonic :-L it's like Christmas in your mouth
you should give Hendricks a try...someone reccomended it on the Dark Side...it's a little bit different tasting gin though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:35 pm

joejlitz wrote:I'm drinking gin and tonic a lot lately. It's got a good taste for my maturing taste buds. :-B

FYI Atkins is probably one of the most unhealthy diets you can try. In the short term your brain function will be affected and you may feel dizzyness, weakness, and insomnia. Your brain and the rest of your body needs carbs to function properly. The brain's main fuel source is glucose, and glucose is made from breaking down carbs. Your body uses the carbs you ingest to make glucose into energy, if there are none, it uses what's in fat stores. Drastically reducing the intake of carbs can seriously disrupt your brains ability to function.

In the long term, a high intake of fat, especially saturated fats, increases the risk of heart disease. With the Atkins diet you may be seriously limiting essential vitamins and minerals. Low calcium = osteoporosis. High protein diets can lead to kidney problems as well. Fruits which are certainly off limits under Atkins diet, as well as many veggies, have shown to protect against cancer. I mean Dr. Atkins himself died from a heart attack...big surprise.

Diets do not work in the long term, exercise and a balanced diet does.

Take that for what it's worth though from a guy that does not exercise enough and could lose a few pounds himself. :-B
Metroid

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:43 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote: Everyone we played in the soccer game was absolutely plastered. :-b

First, I never want to play soccer. It's too much running around. But when drunk?? Oh no. The only exercise I want when I'm drunk is the carnal kind.

Back in the college days, we did rollerblade alot while high, and played hockey a few times on hallucinogens. 8-o

I play a ton of soccer hungover, as all of our games are on Sundays. Trust me it does not feel good.

Never a good idea. I did once and I wound up tackling studs up with my boots when the guy I was marking beat me by just a quick step. Definitely gave myself a red card there. :-B
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:12 pm

Metroid wrote:7&7's are really good, plus you look pretty cool ordering em....also when you're trashed it's pretty easy to say. :-B

That is usually what I end up drinking at weddings ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk