Seriously considering moving to San Diego - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Seriously considering moving to San Diego

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Seriously considering moving to San Diego

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:51 am

Metroid wrote:[
Edit: Totally Knapp....the seafood, oh my good the seafood. The restaurants in general, so much good food in the bay area.

We didn't hit up any nice restaurants when I was there. I was making all of $33,000 a year at the time, which probably would get me a iced tea and side salad in San Francisco. Every day we'd hit the street vendors on the Wharf and get the crab - dungenese? - chowder served in a bowl of sourdough bread. Then we'd go behind the shops to where the fishing boats were and sit and eat. Pretty nice view, with the ocean, Golden Gate, Alcatraz, the lighthouse, etc. Very romantic had I not been with a bunch of the dudes from tech support.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:09 am

Yup chowder in the bread bowl is where it's at.

Shannon and I went to SF for a weekend once when we were living in Stockton. We asked the guy at the front desk of our hotel where a nice place to eat was...big mistake. I mean the place was nice...but it was too nice. We were sitting there looking over the menu, which consisted of maybe 7 items (no prices of course), and we instantly knew we but were gonna be dropping at least a couple bills. I was like we...."you only live once, and we're already here." It was good and all but I'd have probably enjoyed the $7 chowder bowl from the wharf much more. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:37 am

We didn't eat like kings when we lived in San Fran, but there's so much good food it's easy to eat well even on a small budget. The sandwiches alone are awesome - they make deli sandwiches like nobody in Nebraska, let me tell you, and the sourdough tradition is awesome. There was a joint called Mike's we used to go to down Market that had awesome bread.

There was also this mediocre hotel across the street from our office (which was on the top floor of another hotel). The place across the street had this Asian buffet, and when we hired newbs we took them over for lunch and they had to eat this whale blubber stuff that was... weird. But fun and good.

I worked in the Tenderloin, about a block away from City Hall, right on Market. Just a short ride down the street put us into some great food areas.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:40 pm

Metroid wrote:OK seriously though sexuality jokes aside, I would love to live in San Francisco. Easily my favorite city I've been to, I have fond memories of visiting there with my dad, I actually spread a little of his ashes in the bay. He loved the city too and used to go on deep sea fishing day trips from there all the time. San Fran is another place that's just way too expensive for me though. Maybe someday. :-?

I'd probably move up to the Bay Area sooner than later. Oddly, I consider myself a Bay Area type person who just happened to live in L.A. :-b I like San Francisco, but I find that Silicon Valley is more of my cup of tea. It's a software engineer/entrepreneur's heaven and I crave that kind of laidback thinktank-like atmosphere. Working in even the L.A. startups is like the third world compared to the style up there in the Bay Area... unless you work for Steve Jobs. :-B
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:23 pm

Well, we're heading down there in a couple days for Spring Break. Staying here...

So after a few days of living on the beach, I'm sure we'll be 100% convinced to move down there - and wind up renting a nasty little dump in the projects! :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:Well, we're heading down there in a couple days for Spring Break.

If you post a pic of yourself in a green and yellow Ducks speed-o, I swear I will card you :-b

but metroid would probably make it his wallpaper

Have a great trip, post some vaca pics when you get back. Spring break, so I really hope to see pics of tons of scantly dressed college girls. For the less-than-dressed ones, just PM me the pics please :-D
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:04 pm

scottaa1 wrote:If you post a pic of yourself in a green and yellow Ducks speed-o, I swear I will card you.

LOL...
just this week my FF 'friends' accused me of being this guy... :-*

Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby joejlitz » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:34 am

Nfl Fan wrote:Thanks Joe. We did throw around the gulf coast. I've lived out there before. Thing is, we're west coast people...

Uh huh.

Nfl Fan wrote:

I can see why you wouldn't want to leave your people. ;-)
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Previous

Return to General Talk