Sleep Number Beds - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Sleep Number Beds

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sleep Number Beds

Postby joejlitz » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:30 am

My wife and I bought one of those 4 years ago. We were really excited and happy to get a luxury mattress that we could control the settings. 1 year later, we hated it. All it is, is an air mattress with padding. We can't lay close together comfortably, because there is an uneven ridgeline in the middle. It's like trying to sleep on a hill. Yesterday, we finally replaced it. We bought a new, regular mattress and box spring arriving today. We're so excited.

I've got to figure out how to use Craigs List so I can get rid of the old piece of crap.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sleep Number Beds

Postby joejlitz » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:09 am

Got the new mattress. Been sleeping on it for about 2 weeks and we can't decide if we love it. We like it, but don't really love it.

As for the Sleep Number, I put it on Craig's List and got a lot of interest. I've got a 60 year-old man who agreed to buy it, but I just don't want to sell it to him. He asked about a "gap" in the middle when the bed is put on 2 different settings. I sugar coated it to him over the phone, but I feel bad about it. I'm gonna call him today and tell him how much we hated that part of the bed. He may love it. I don't know. But he said he was strapped for cash and if he buys ours and it doesn't help his back, I will feel bad because he can't just run out and buy another.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:45 am

I'd be honest with him. If you're already saying you feel bad about it, you'll probably feel worse if you take his money. Especially if he's already told you he's strapped for cash and has back problems. Be honest, that way if he takes it it's on him not you.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Munboy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:13 pm

My wife and I looked into a sleep number bed several years back but always shied away and we're glad we did. Not long after we purchased a pretty comfortable spring mattress, we stayed at a hotel with a sleep number and absolutely hated it. We spent a long time adjusting and readjusting our sides. We never did finds comfortable settings. I guess if you spend more time in it, you can fine tune it, but that one night was enough for me, and later we discovered that great void where the 2 sides connect. It was like a super massive blackhole sucking all comfort down into nothing.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:33 pm

I've never used a Sleep Number matress, but the Tempurpedic that my wife and I bought a few years ago is probably the single best purchase I've made in my entire life.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:37 pm

Well, I told the guy what I thought about the middle of the bed and he was extremely grateful I told him. Said something about there being so few honest guys left in the world and blah blah blah. No sale but I feel like I did the right thing. If he didn't like it, I know he didn't have the money to just go out and get another one.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Ya lughead... why didn't you invite him over to spend a couple of nights on it?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby joejlitz » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:32 am

scottaa1 wrote:Ya lughead... why didn't you invite him over to spend a couple of nights on it?

Oh sure. It's easy to be an armchair QB, now that the play is over.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby dream_017 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:54 pm

joejlitz wrote:Well, I told the guy what I thought about the middle of the bed and he was extremely grateful I told him. Said something about there being so few honest guys left in the world and blah blah blah. No sale but I feel like I did the right thing. If he didn't like it, I know he didn't have the money to just go out and get another one.

You'll feel much better in the long run ;-D

We bought a new mattress about 2 years ago. It is OK (my wife loves it). I'd have to check what kind it is, but it was a middle of the line mattress, not the most expensive, but not a cheap one either. I've never had a sleep number, but my wife always talks about us getting one, I'll have to let her know that it is not worth it
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Return to General Talk