All 2009 Threads - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

All 2009 Threads

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Re: Season Commentary - 2009

Postby SeaWolf » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:29 pm

;-D

I'd rather have someone doing something to his team rather than getting a cheap win because players were on a bye.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:27 pm

Another issue: I was thinking about this thing with madas (I hope he's OK! :-o ), and I remembered that water boy wasn't very active towards the end draft season. I checked to see if he set his lineups and HE HASN'T SET THEM ONCE ALL YEAR. He started A.Gonzo weeks 2-5 when he was out. He started Whitner in weeks 4 & 5 when he was out. And he started 3 other players on their byes. I hope water boy is OK too but :-t

I PMed dream. The 2 options that I mentioned to dream were: 1. Replace him right now. We'd post something in the Holics forum & we could have Scott pick his week 6 lineup. Or: 2. Freeze the team for the season & replace him in the offseason. Please post your opinion! :-/ :~( ;-D

This one is way different than madas. I wouldn't even have known that madas was MIA if he didn't set his lineups in the Defunct league last week. He's made moves & set his lineups all 5 weeks here. That's why both of the options I mentioned to dream included water boy being out. Not setting lineups once in 5 weeks? I'll wait to post my opinion. I kinda see both sides. !+)

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby bungle613 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:14 am

I would first PM and email Water Boy and see what is up. I would get a 2nd alternate to do the same that Scott did for Madas or even Scott himself as he has no ties to this league.

I would give it this weekend and if no repsonse is made from Water Boy by Tuesday a replacement be brought in either on a full time basis or as a babysitter.

FOr Madas, I have played in leagues with him for at least a couple of years and he ahsn't pulled a total vanishing act. I dont' suspect one here either. I was away at a wedding last weekend and swore I set all lineup before I left only ot come back Sunday afternoon finding in the Finest league I had 3 bye players in. Mad scramble to find starters in the last 2 games but I still lost. Mad will be around, Water Boy, start sending out feelers for a replacement is my feeling.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:27 am

Hey, if you guys are going to vouch for Madas that is good enough for me. As for waterboy, if we cannot get a hold of him and he is inactive then his team should be locked for the season unless a replacement is found. Is there a rule on this sort of thing in existance? Seems like maybe there should be one. X amount of games ghosting (non-participation) and your charter is revokable.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby bungle613 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:46 am

moochman wrote:Hey, if you guys are going to vouch for Madas that is good enough for me. As for waterboy, if we cannot get a hold of him and he is inactive then his team should be locked for the season unless a replacement is found. Is there a rule on this sort of thing in existance? Seems like maybe there should be one. X amount of games ghosting (non-participation) and your charter is revokable.

I just had to do it to 2 guys for the first time ever inseason. Didn't set lienups, no response o PM or email... have to do what is best for the league.

Daullaz may be a possible replacement.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby dream_017 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:54 am

moochman wrote:Hey, if you guys are going to vouch for Madas that is good enough for me. As for waterboy, if we cannot get a hold of him and he is inactive then his team should be locked for the season unless a replacement is found. Is there a rule on this sort of thing in existance? Seems like maybe there should be one. X amount of games ghosting (non-participation) and your charter is revokable.

My thoughts are along the same lines as FNJ. We do not have a written rule, but most know coming in what we expect. We don't ask for much, I don't care if you respond to trade offers, make pick-ups, chat in the forum, but you do need to set a full competitive line-up. Are there things that happen to prevent this sometimes...sure. I've forgot a time or two or like Bungle, I think that I set my team only later to find out that I skipped them somehow. A time or 2 I can forgive, but multiple times within a season or even consecutive times is cause for removal for me.

With that said, I will be posting a thread in Holics to find a babysitter/replacement.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Water Boyz Week 6

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:47 am

Flex: QB, QB/RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, K, DL, DL/LB, LB, LB/DB, DB....(.5 PPR)

QB: Warner
QB/RB: Palmer
RB: SJax
RB/WR: Rice
WR: Henderson
WR/TE: Shockey
TE: Shianco
K: Crosby
DL: Dumervil
DL/LB: Howard
LB: Laurinatis
LB/DB: Reed
DB: Whitner
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:15 pm

dream_017 wrote:

My thoughts are along the same lines as FNJ. We do not have a written rule, but most know coming in what we expect. We don't ask for much, I don't care if you respond to trade offers, make pick-ups, chat in the forum, but you do need to set a full competitive line-up. Are there things that happen to prevent this sometimes...sure. I've forgot a time or two or like Bungle, I think that I set my team only later to find out that I skipped them somehow. A time or 2 I can forgive, but multiple times within a season or even consecutive times is cause for removal for me.

With that said, I will be posting a thread in Holics to find a babysitter/replacement.

I was leaning that way, but I also see mooch's point about freezing the lineup. I digged a little deeper & only one game was definitely affected by water boy not setting any lineups:

week 1: All players played...team lost
week 2: Started A.Gonzo (out)...team won anyway
week 3: Started A.Gonzo (out)...team could've won or lost depending on who he put in
week 4: Started A.Gonzo (out), Whitner (out), & Warner (bye)...team won anyway
week 5: Started A.Gonzo (out), Whitner (out), Shockey (bye), & Crosby (bye)...team would've won this game.

In week 5, he had Shiancoe (12.9) & R.Rice (23.8) in for sure...so even if no moves were made (an active owner would've gotten a K in there with an add/drop)...just setting the lineup should've given them the win. I know an active owner might've made some add/drops here & there, and they might've tinkered with the lineup each week more than just replace A.Gonzo (or others), but I think week 5 was the only week that was definitely affected.

I agree with dream that we should use Scott's posted lineup for this week (Thanks again Scott!), and find a babysitter/replacement for the rest of the season. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:49 pm

I'm happy to say that we had a false alarm with madas! He changed his lineups this week in the CA league & this league (I haven't checked the Defunct league yet :-o ). :-) :-°

I'll PM him again and see if he responds. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby onnestabe » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:12 pm

I am in favor of finding a replacement/babysitter for waterboy. A shame he's not keeping up with it.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League