Offical: McNabb to Washington - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Offical: McNabb to Washington

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Offical: McNabb to Washington

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:06 pm

joejlitz wrote:That sucks, but I think the key phrase was, "when he got a phone call from John Keim of the Washington Examiner just after the deal was consummated."

It's an age of cell phones, Twitter, instant communication capabilities. With that limited information in the article, it seems that the team completed the deal and the reporter raced to call Campbell to get the first quote for his paper. Kind of sleazy on his part, I would say. :-t

All reporters are Sleazy. That is part of the requirements for the job. But I agree anyway. You'd just think they would have let the guy know they were looking.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:49 am

I think the fact that the reporter called him "right after it was consumapted" is irrelevant. The team knew before the deal was offical im sure that it was pretty much a done deal, and someone had to relay it to this guy, unless it was a first hand source.

Regardless, Campbell has been essentially irrelevant, riddled with mediocrecy, not enough to be pu tin a catergory with jamightaswellbe Rusted, but enough of it over time to be replaced. He isn't a star, and i don't think he deserved a call more than any other guy on the Skins roster.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby m16a » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:55 pm

At least to begin, I'd say that Celek gets a great upgrade with Kolb at the helm. Not only does it seem to be an Eagles trend for a young QB to like his TE (remember the rapport between a young McNabb and the veteran Chad Lewis?), but in Kolb's two starts verses NO and KC, I noticed Kolb going to Celek very often. In fact, I even recall a cafe thread about DJax's production going down without McNabb. Anyways, I looked up the game stats and they appear to backup what I saw. In Kolb's two starts, Celek caught 16 passes for 208 yards and 1 TD. I think we can expect similar production from Celek, if only in the early going of the season.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Munboy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:27 pm

aaawall91 wrote: "right after it was consumapted"

I really don't understand that quote anyways...Did Dan Snyder and Andy Reid sleep together? :-?

just kidding, btw
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joejlitz » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:08 pm

Munboy wrote:

I really don't understand that quote anyways...Did Dan Snyder and Andy Reid sleep together? :-?

I think he was trying to say constipated. :-?
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:42 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Munboy wrote:

There's never a hampster around when you need one. :-b

The thing with not telling Campbell is that the deal was just consumated the Iggles may not have been able to reach Campbell before the press. They were kind of busy. And I don't think you could tell him before the deal was consumated becuase it wouldn't sit well with Campbell if the deal ends up constipated.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Munboy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:45 pm

moochman wrote:
joejlitz wrote:
Munboy wrote:

There's never a hampster around when you need one. :-b

The thing with not telling Campbell is that the deal was just consumated the Iggles may not have been able to reach Campbell before the press. They were kind of busy. And I don't think you could tell him before the deal was consumated becuase it wouldn't sit well with Campbell if the deal ends up constipated.

Why would the Eagles tell Campbell? :-b

Maybe that was in the trade deal. The 'skins were like, we'll give you a 2nd and 3rd, but only if you tell Campbell...Otherwise, it's a 4th... ;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:12 am

they should have taken campbell back and traded kolb since teams seemed more interested in him.

Campbell has gotten such a raw deal.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:51 pm

Campbell sucks, always has and always will. He'd a solid back-up, but he is NOT a starting quality QB. I've seen so many different film sessions analyst broke down of him when he had perfect protection, and completely missed wide open WR's downfield, or anticipated the wrong route, or read. These were crucial plays on 3rd down, or in the 4th quarter, and he would be fine with just dumping the ball off.

Sounds alot like the excuses people made for Brady Quinn. Yea I get the team sucked, offensive line sucked, weapons were average, but it's a QB's job to make everyone else around them better. Jay Cutler had a terrible offensive line last year and no RB what so ever, yet he still was able to show glimpses of being an elite QB outside of his 100 interceptions. Campbell has showed alot of toughness being in Washington, acted like a professional, took some big hits and keeps getting up, but none of that means he's a good QB.

He's going to suck no matter where he goes. But I'd love for him to hold a clipboard and be a reliable back-up, if he's starting your offense isn't going to move down the field properly.

Also on a side note, Devin Thomas is definately right at the top of my WR breakout list for next year. At the end of this past season he really started to come along, and show he had what it took to be a very good WR. He's got all the tools to be a #1 WR very easily, and getting a good QB is only going to help him.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby joejlitz » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:33 pm

eaglesrule wrote:[url]they should have taken campbell back and traded kolb[/url]since teams seemed more interested in him.

Campbell has gotten such a raw deal.

:-?

Trading Kolb because teams are more interested isn't the right answer. The Birds think he is their future. They trained him, prepped him, and invested a ton of time and resources into him so he could get to this moment.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk