FantasyGuru vs Footballguys vs other - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FantasyGuru vs Footballguys vs other

Moderator: Football Moderators

FantasyGuru vs Footballguys vs other

Postby Doc19 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:26 pm

I was wondering if anyone has opinions on pay sites that helped assist them with draft preparation and waiver wire / lineup setup throughout the year... with 2 small kids my time to devote to analyzing data has dwindled, and I have tried fantasyguru past 2 years and was just lukewarm on it. I have seen some positive things about footballguys listed here at the cafe... any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
Doc19
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: FantasyGuru vs Footballguys vs other

Postby joejlitz » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:47 am

I really don't recommend paying for anything when it is all F-R-E-E right here! ;-D

For draft prep, Kensat typically posts a thorough listing of his top players by position every off season. Plus there are thousands of discussions which further analyze the top players and then help to refine your decisions.

For setting your roster, we have our own Start/Sit column (look to the left). Though I do look at CBS Sportsline and Yahoo, given I play on those sites.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby biju » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:26 am

As Joe said, the Cafe has always been a great place for free content and I personally wouldn't pay for any website.

Having said that, I have friends that swear by both of the ones you've identified. Personally I've always liked the view of Football Guys and they have one fellow over there that is basically *the man* when it comes to analyzing O-lines. He alone might be worth the price of admission if that's you're thing...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Stelly » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:22 pm

I've used Rotoworld's Draft Guide the past 2 seasons, and have really liked it. It's updated in "real time" as depth charts change and injuries occur. Their teiring system is very good as well. It's pretty reasonable - $14.95 I beleive.

I've alwasy liked FootballGuys free preseason content, but have never paid for any of their content.

I'm in the same situation - with a yough child, draft prep time is minimal.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby petedog9 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:18 am

Theres plenty of great free information right here.. Also plenty of guys willing to post up their cheat sheets that they have spent alot of time analyzing and allowing others to comment on it and help shape it. Most of the contributors on this site are far more knowlegable and dedicated then any pay site you will find. Especially when we are having this conversation in April... :-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk