Santonio Holmes - To Be Cleared? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Santonio Holmes - To Be Cleared?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Santonio Holmes - To Be Cleared?

Postby joejlitz » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:25 am

Lawyer: Man takes responsibility in Holmes case
NFL.com Wire Reports

A witness has taken responsibility for tossing a glass at a woman at an Orlando nightclub, according to the lawyer for Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes who was first accused of attacking the woman.

An investigator tracked down the witness, who gave a sworn statement saying he threw the glass because the woman was attacking Holmes, Adam Swickle said Friday. Swickle did not identify the witness, but said it was the first person the woman's friends told police threw the glass.

"This is extortion in its purest form," Swickle said...

Rest of Article: NFL.com
I'm happy for Holmey if he is innocent, but if I was a Superstar NFL Super Bowl MVP, I think I would definitely pay some guy megabucks to come out and say he did it, in order to clear my name.

I DON'T THINK Holmes did this. I'm just saying that that would be the move if he did.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Santonio Holmes - To Be Cleared?

Postby Munboy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:53 am

joejlitz wrote:
Lawyer: Man takes responsibility in Holmes case
NFL.com Wire Reports

A witness has taken responsibility for tossing a glass at a woman at an Orlando nightclub, according to the lawyer for Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes who was first accused of attacking the woman.

An investigator tracked down the witness, who gave a sworn statement saying he threw the glass because the woman was attacking Holmes, Adam Swickle said Friday. Swickle did not identify the witness, but said it was the first person the woman's friends told police threw the glass.

"This is extortion in its purest form," Swickle said...

Rest of Article: NFL.com
I'm happy for Holmey if he is innocent, but if I was a Superstar NFL Super Bowl MVP, I think I would definitely pay some guy megabucks to come out and say he did it, in order to clear my name.

I DON'T THINK Holmes did this. I'm just saying that that would be the move if he did.

When I read his, I thought the same thing... Did he pay this dude to take the fall? But then, I read "but said it was the first person the woman's friends told police threw the glass." So originally all the woman's friends said it was this guy. Apparently when the police showed up, they allowed the woman to pull Holmes aside and talk privately and chargers were filed later...Hmmm...I will be the first to admit that Holmes isn't a saint (religiously or NFL) but this whole case stank of skunk poo from the beginning. Just an extortion case.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Santonio Holmes - To Be Cleared?

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:01 pm

But in other news surrounding him, the woman case is now accompanied with the possible suspension. Talks are its looking like Holmes will be sitting for the first 4 games of the year after violating the league's substance abuse policy...

Citing "multiple sources," Profootballtalk.com reports that Santonio Holmes is facing a four-game suspension under the NFL's Substance Abuse Policy.

The expected ban is not related to the recent assault accusation brought against Holmes by a woman stemming from a nightclub incident. Instead, it appears Holmes tested positive for a banned substance, or missed a drug test. As PFT's Mike Florio notes, Holmes has a history with marijuana. He was arrested in 2008 for possession -- prompting a one-game suspension levied by the Steelers -- and has recently spoken of "wake and baking" on his Twitter account. "Wake and baking" is slang for getting high in the morning.

-Rotoworld.com

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk