Marshall traded to Dolphins - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marshall traded to Dolphins

Moderator: Football Moderators

Marshall traded to Dolphins

Postby HunglikeChampions » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:33 am

Just saw this on foxsports

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/report-broncos-trade-wr-marshall-to-dolphins Second big name WR to join AFC east this week. This division is getting even stronger.
HunglikeChampions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Marshall traded to Dolphins

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:48 am

Not what I want to see. Oh well, Revis Christ will just have to lock down Marshall ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby joejlitz » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:33 pm

As a closet Dolphins fan, I'm excited about this. I think Henne is better than he gets credit for and now that he has Marshall, he will get a chance to see some spotlight. Here's hoping Marshall does a 180 in attitude and makes it about the play on the field and the team. ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:34 pm

Richest deal for a WR in NFL History, topping Fitzgerald's previous mark of an average of $10Mil a year. Marshall signed an extension for 4-year $47.5Mil, $24Mil guaranteed. I see this as the only bad move Miami made, don't give him all the money right up front. I have a more detailed post on this in the Injury and Player Updates.

Overall the only legit character flaws Brandon has is that Denver ripped apart the team that he was drafted to and was set in place to play with, from the Coach to the QB. He asked be moved only had 2 years left on his contract, so why not, but no Billy Buddy's little right hand man had to play badass and show that even tho he had never head coached an NFL squad that he wouldn't back down, and thus the antics that Marshall pulled. I think this is a great move for Miami, solves a GLARING hole that they have had for years at WR and also doesn't give Tuna stomach ulcers worrying about if he should or shouldn't draft a WR with that 1st rounder or 2nd rounder. Instead now they have a big timer locked down for at least 4 years, Henne as a pocket QB with a cannon to toss the piggy to, healthy 2-headed running machine again and can spend those big picks on fixing up the defense and buffing up some other needed positions. Great move in my eyes all the way around, aside from the $$$.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:27 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:
Overall the only legit character flaws Brandon has is that Denver ripped apart the team that he was drafted to and was set in place to play with, from the Coach to the QB.

Don't give this guy a free pass. 60-some other guys had to deal with the same thing and they were able to do it in a professional manner.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:01 pm

Jeebus what's next, the Bills trading for Peyton Manning?

Not sure how you give a guy with his character issues that much money up front. Wouldn't more of a performance based contract make a lot more sense? And don't put this all on McDaniels, because Marshall was a goof long before he came to town.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Stelly » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:24 pm

portisfan24 wrote:Jeebus what's next, the Bills trading for Peyton Manning?

:-L
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:48 pm

Blah Blah Blah, McDaniels is a jerk off through and through. Not even attempting to give Marshall a 'free pass', but McDaniels could have went about his side of these character flaws in a different way also. The camera doesn't catch everything, and if your going to sit here and say that McDaniels was this same peach that he 'portrayed' infront of the cameras in the back scenes I think thats a bit of a stretch. Lets ask Cutler how he felt about the way he was treated in that whole Denver fiasco, and he wasn't even half the d-bag Brandon was.

Case and point Marshall did wrong, no denying that, but Denver I'm sure was 100% correct in everything. Ya also can't say that you haven't screwed up like this once in your life, but because hes a sports star and makes big money hes supposed to be an angel in everyones eyes, hes still a man, a human being, which all screw up at some point or another. I've backed Marshall since the whole TV/hand/wrist deal went down, its a character flaw, those that post on this board are saying they don't have character flaws? Everyone does. Case and point hes getting payed $47Mil because he does a job that the average person can't do, and does it damn well better then 95% of the people in his same position, and obviously a franchise like Miami sees a little more into EVERY aspect of the situation at hand more then we do. Thus if they are going to give someone $47mil apparently they are worth it no matter how they act infront of the cameras on the street, cuz it ultimatley comes down to the play infront of the cameras on the field.

Don't see everyone beating up Big Ben's AWFUL character flaws, 2 sexual assult cases in 2 years? Boy and Marshall punted a football at practice, barked a few nasty lines and punch a TV, ya I see the comparision...

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Munboy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:01 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:Don't see everyone beating up Big Ben's AWFUL character flaws, 2 sexual assult cases in 2 years? Boy and Marshall punted a football at practice, barked a few nasty lines and punch a TV, ya I see the comparision...

And beat up his girlfriend a couple times....

Go back and look at the Big Ben threads again. Pretty much all the Steeler fans on this board agree he's an idiot and deserves suspension, so not sure why you think nobody is beating him up for his stupidity. Maybe Ben can pretend to be Brandon's girlfriend and he'll get "beat up" like you want him to be? :-b
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:24 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:Blah Blah Blah, McDaniels is a jerk off through and through. Not even attempting to give Marshall a 'free pass', but McDaniels could have went about his side of these character flaws in a different way also. The camera doesn't catch everything, and if your going to sit here and say that McDaniels was this same peach that he 'portrayed' infront of the cameras in the back scenes I think thats a bit of a stretch. Lets ask Cutler how he felt about the way he was treated in that whole Denver fiasco, and he wasn't even half the d-bag Brandon was.

Case and point Marshall did wrong, no denying that, but Denver I'm sure was 100% correct in everything. Ya also can't say that you haven't screwed up like this once in your life, but because hes a sports star and makes big money hes supposed to be an angel in everyones eyes, hes still a man, a human being, which all screw up at some point or another. I've backed Marshall since the whole TV/hand/wrist deal went down, its a character flaw, those that post on this board are saying they don't have character flaws? Everyone does. Case and point hes getting payed $47Mil because he does a job that the average person can't do, and does it damn well better then 95% of the people in his same position, and obviously a franchise like Miami sees a little more into EVERY aspect of the situation at hand more then we do. Thus if they are going to give someone $47mil apparently they are worth it no matter how they act infront of the cameras on the street, cuz it ultimatley comes down to the play infront of the cameras on the field.

Don't see everyone beating up Big Ben's AWFUL character flaws, 2 sexual assult cases in 2 years? Boy and Marshall punted a football at practice, barked a few nasty lines and punch a TV, ya I see the comparision...

I don't think any of the posters on this board are claiming they are perfect. Yes, he is a human being capable of making mistakes, all people (and NFL players) are. However, you can't argue that he has had a much more tumultuous career than your average NFL player. How many strikes will he get?

I don't think anyone is saying there is a 100 percent chance Marshall will screw up and cost the Dolphins big time. I actually hope he gets it together, because he is fun to watch. However, giving that much guaranteed money to a guy with even a moderate risk of boneheadedness is pretty risky IMO.

To take your Big Ben example a little further, what would you think if the Steelers signed him to a massive contract extension today? He signed his deal well before any of these incidents took place. I think the Steelers would be torn apart by fans and media alike if they were to offer him a huge deal in the wake of all this (going on the assumption he didn't already have a huge deal). Obviously thats a little more extreme than the Marshall case because high end QBs make way more than high end WRs, but the point still stands.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk