Browns considering trading for No. 1 pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Browns considering trading for No. 1 pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Browns considering trading for No. 1 pick

Postby moochman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:46 pm

Does Holmgren have a habit of trading up for a QB? So, why would he encourage his GM to do so?
Now, I could see them trading up for D help. Maybe this is a trial balloon to see if there is interest inbetween their pick and the top.
This could be a really interesting D Day.
Can hardly wait.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: Browns considering trading for No. 1 pick

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:14 pm

In Holmgren's press conference he said that all though they would love Bradford and that he will be a franchise type QB wherever he lands that Cleveland has no interest in trading all of the required picks to move up to #1. Quite frankly I say they potentially wait til RD2 to grab a QB anyways, and then I see them going McCoy anyways.
Image

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1707
Joined: 4 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Browns considering trading for No. 1 pick

Postby mattb47 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:18 pm

moochman wrote:Does Holmgren have a habit of trading up for a QB? So, why would he encourage his GM to do so?
Now, I could see them trading up for D help. Maybe this is a trial balloon to see if there is interest inbetween their pick and the top.
This could be a really interesting D Day.
Can hardly wait.


Holmgren tends to like to build his defense primarily through the draft and use FA more to acquire veterans on offense so I think we'll probably see them go defense with that pick (Berry seems to be the popular one there) and I imagine we'll see somewhat of a defensive heavy draft for them.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Browns considering trading for No. 1 pick *UPDATE*

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Rams swap first round picks with Cleveland, and Rams also get Clevelands first third round, and next years second round

-Per nfl-trade-rumors.com

Anyone have anything else solid on this?
Image

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1707
Joined: 4 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Browns considering trading for No. 1 pick *UPDATE*

Postby joejlitz » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:49 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:
Rams swap first round picks with Cleveland, and Rams also get Clevelands first third round, and next years second round

-Per nfl-trade-rumors.com

Anyone have anything else solid on this?

This appears to be just that - a rumor. Nothing is confirmed anywhere else on the internet as of 9:48 EST.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: Browns considering trading for No. 1 pick *UPDATE*

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:14 pm

joejlitz wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:
Rams swap first round picks with Cleveland, and Rams also get Clevelands first third round, and next years second round

-Per nfl-trade-rumors.com

Anyone have anything else solid on this?

This appears to be just that - a rumor. Nothing is confirmed anywhere else on the internet as of 9:48 EST.


Thats what I figured as I didn't see anything else anywhere. I really can't see the Rams doing that as I think it would take more picks or at least a 1st/2nd combo to move up.
Image

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1707
Joined: 4 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:38 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact