Return to Football Talk

The rare 3-way

Moderator: Football Moderators

The rare 3-way

Postby Munboy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:08 pm

Denver TE Tony Scheffler to Lions
Detriot LB Ernie Sims to Philly
Philly 5th round pick to Denver

Denver doesn't seem to want to keep anybody on offense....at all. They better improve next year, or their fans will revolt I'm sure.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: The rare 3-way

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:44 pm

meh...
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:51 pm

Interesting. I haven't heard much about Ernie Sims lately. I remember I liked the pick when the Lions took him. How has he done?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:37 pm

I hear that the Lions fans didn't hold him in high regard. But I am generally on Reid's side with there. The Lions and their fans thought Garcia was done, but Reid proved that wrong. Hope it works out, could be a steal. If it doesn't work out, probably not any worse than the bust rate in that round anyway.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:05 am

I think Det gets the most out of this- a pass-catching TE to complement Pettigrew (who may be struggling back from his injury) who can work with Burleson to get defenses to slack off Calvin Johnson.

For the cost of a 5th, Philly gets a WLB who can cement their issues there. The injury issues temper the value for the Eagles.

Denver?- Give up on Scheffler to upgrade from the 7th to the 5th. Poor value.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:54 am

eaglesrule wrote:I hear that the Lions fans didn't hold him in high regard. But I am generally on Reid's side with there. The Lions and their fans thought Garcia was done, but Reid proved that wrong. Hope it works out, could be a steal. If it doesn't work out, probably not any worse than the bust rate in that round anyway.

Jon Kitna did a lot better with the Lions than Garcia did after he left the Lions ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Metroid » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:58 am

Kareighuis wrote:I think Det gets the most out of this- a pass-catching TE to complement Pettigrew (who may be struggling back from his injury) who can work with Burleson to get defenses to slack off Calvin Johnson.

For the cost of a 5th, Philly gets a WLB who can cement their issues there. The injury issues temper the value for the Eagles.

Denver?- Give up on Scheffler to upgrade from the 7th to the 5th. Poor value.

Totally agree that Detroit got the best out of this, not only did they gain a very serviceable TE, but more importantly they unload a guy they weren't high on anymore in his last year under contract.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joejlitz » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:48 am

dream_017 wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:I hear that the Lions fans didn't hold him in high regard. But I am generally on Reid's side with there. The Lions and their fans thought Garcia was done, but Reid proved that wrong. Hope it works out, could be a steal. If it doesn't work out, probably not any worse than the bust rate in that round anyway.

Jon Kitna did a lot better with the Lions than Garcia did after he left the Lions ;-D

We're debating the merits of the Lions GM decisions with regard to Garcia and Kitna.

I'll be back. I'm going to watch paint dry for a while. :-B
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:27 pm

joejlitz wrote:We're debating the merits of the Lions GM decisions with regard to Garcia and Kitna.

I'll be back. I'm going to watch paint dry for a while. :-B

You think you're disappointed??? I thought this thread was gunna be about threesomes.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby moochman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:17 pm

How disappointing. Lions trade away a servicalbe defender for offense. Let me check. No, its right on paper. Lions have had the worse D in football over the last two seasons. And they wasted a first round pick on a TE last season. So trading a LBer for a malcontent erratic TE proves to me two things I've suspected.
Ernie Sims isn't a playmaker. Too many of his plays are made too far downfield.
Brandon Pettigrew was a waste at number 20 last year.
Seems as soon as I feel the Lions GM may not suck, something like this happens and I start to get that Millen Feelen in my gut. I hate the Millen Feelen.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk