Mattb47's 1st Round NFL Mock - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mattb47's 1st Round NFL Mock

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Mattb47's 1st Round NFL Mock

Postby mattb47 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:25 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
mattb47 wrote:Why would it change the Odrick pick? Odrick is a 3-4 defensive lineman and Taylor will be a 3-4 OLB so it shouldn't change it. I think the likelihood is even higher now that Shaun Ellis is apparently on the trading block which was already their only legitimate DE.

Because the Jets are going to put Gholston at DE now and see what he can do. He can't be any worse than he is at OLB.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/ ... id=5120564

Even if they do that they still have only ONE DE and probably a mediocre one at that...I still don't see the argument against them taking someone like Odrick...sorry man.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:22 pm

I hope the Lions get Suh. Division rival or not, it's been pretty hard watching the Lions bumble their way around the league for the last several years. These are good fans, and I hope they get Suh and he performs well for them.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby benb18a » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:18 pm

Nice, Dallas moves up to get Bryant ;-D I didn't actually look over the results, but I'm assuming none of the good OT's were left at that point?

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mattb47 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:05 pm

benb18a wrote:Nice, Dallas moves up to get Bryant ;-D I didn't actually look over the results, but I'm assuming none of the good OT's were left at that point?

The only true good stud OTs all went at the top of the draft so you guys weren't going to get a good one that late anyway...gotta feel good about getting the absolute best guy at his position in a draft like this though.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:57 pm

mattb47 wrote:
benb18a wrote:Nice, Dallas moves up to get Bryant ;-D I didn't actually look over the results, but I'm assuming none of the good OT's were left at that point?

The only true good stud OTs all went at the top of the draft so you guys weren't going to get a good one that late anyway...gotta feel good about getting the absolute best guy at his position in a draft like this though.

Agreed. The Cowboys couldn't have dreamed a player of Bryant's caliber would be waiting for them. Makes the Roy Williams deal look even worse, if that's possible.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:22 pm

moochman wrote:
mattb47 wrote:

Agreed. The Cowboys couldn't have dreamed a player of Bryant's caliber would be waiting for them. Makes the Roy Williams deal look even worse, if that's possible.

In a dynasty league two seasons ago, when he was still in Detroit, I tried to get Williams. Another team outbid me. Damn, and I glad I "lost".

Nfl Fan wrote:My hope?

Well, my hope is Suh falling to #6, but since that ain't happening -

Seattle at #6: Best OT available.
Seattle at 14: CJ Spiller.
Seattle in the later rounds: BLOUNT FORCE TRAUMA, BABY!!! :-D

Well, someone's hope came true.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby moochman » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:15 pm

i think someone could be very happy with Blount.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:29 am

moochman wrote:i think someone could be very happy with Blount.

Absolutely. People blather on about "character issues", whatever. He let his emotions get the better of him after an extremely heartbreaking loss and punched a guy who was heavily taunting him. He made one mistake, a pretty big one, but it's not like he has a long history of similar problems. People also want to blather on about multiple suspensions at Oregon for "lack of discipline." He had one previous suspension during his time at Oregon and it was because he wasn't doing well scholastically. He's a fantastic football player but a crappy student...like that's uncommon? :-b

6'0" 241 pound runningbacks with his combo of speed, agility, vision, and power don't come along every day. Someone is indeed going to be very happy with Blount. I'm hoping the Browns stop dealing picks and take him with their next one.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:12 pm

Metroid wrote:
moochman wrote:i think someone could be very happy with Blount.

Absolutely. People blather on about "character issues", whatever. He let his emotions get the better of him after an extremely heartbreaking loss and punched a guy who was heavily taunting him. He made one mistake, a pretty big one, but it's not like he has a long history of similar problems. People also want to blather on about multiple suspensions at Oregon for "lack of discipline." He had one previous suspension during his time at Oregon and it was because he wasn't doing well scholastically. He's a fantastic football player but a crappy student...like that's uncommon? :-b

6'0" 241 pound runningbacks with his combo of speed, agility, vision, and power don't come along every day. Someone is indeed going to be very happy with Blount. I'm hoping the Browns stop dealing picks and take him with their next one.

Totally pissed that the Lions tooks some mini-me WR instead of Blount with the last pick. Idiots. Blount is a real nice complement to Best. Were both to work out, their backfield would have been set for years to come. Blount will likely have his pick of where he wants to try out.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moochman » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:22 pm

Sounds like the Blount is signing with the Niners.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk