What would you do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What would you do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What would you do?

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:37 pm

Munboy wrote:When i was little, I used to daydream about finding a bag full of GI Joes and Transformers.

Dude! We should have some coffee. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:44 pm

Some good answers. I figured there would be a person or 2 who would simply turn it in.

I figure it can't hurt to shut up and hold on to it until you gather some intel about where it is from. Even if you have it a year and have to give it up you can always say "I was just trying to earn a bit of interest to cover my personal costs in doing the right thing by returning the money." :-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:23 pm

I'll use my random post of the last 3 month-ish period to say that I'd keep it. I'm tired of working so much. And I'm young. That's crazy. I'll take my sketchy 5 million dollars, keep the one good job (part time now of course) I have and stop being concerned about anything. Bash away. ;-)
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby shawngee03 » Fri May 21, 2010 10:01 am

there was a movie with a pretty famous actor(i cant remember who), where he found a lot of money and it ruined his life.

peranoia and bad people trying to steal it got him in trouble

so i think of that movie everytime i think about this. i couldnt take the whole bag. i agree that the cops would be very suspicious if this happened...and id be afraid they would find a way to pin something on me(i watch too much Tv..sorry)

i would simply grab a good size handful and walk away...leaving the bag with the rest behind. im cool w 100,000 or so if it means i dont have to deal w the stress of what to do w the rest of it. i would put the odds of it working out perfectly keeping all of the money at very slim
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby stomperrob » Fri May 21, 2010 3:14 pm

shawngee03 wrote:there was a movie with a pretty famous actor(i cant remember who), where he found a lot of money and it ruined his life.

so i think of that movie everytime i think about this. i couldnt take the whole bag. i agree that the cops would be very suspicious if this happened...and id be afraid they would find a way to pin something on me(i watch too much Tv..sorry)

i would simply grab a good size handful and walk away...leaving the bag with the rest behind. im cool w 100,000 or so if it means i dont have to deal w the stress of what to do w the rest of it. i would put the odds of it working out perfectly keeping all of the money at very slim

A Simple Plan with Billy Bob Thornton perhaps - enough to scare me into not keeping the loot, lol!!! :-o
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri May 21, 2010 10:32 pm

stomperrob wrote:
shawngee03 wrote:there was a movie with a pretty famous actor(i cant remember who), where he found a lot of money and it ruined his life.

A Simple Plan with Billy Bob Thornton perhaps - enough to scare me into not keeping the loot, lol!!! :-o

Those guys didn't know what they were doing and the book is better. Plus there were three people involved and more including the spouses. My scenario is you by yourself finding this money. Less complicated.
Cowboys 4 life

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:32 am

Like most (though I think everyone) who have replied, I'd certainly be tempted to keep it. However, conscious and nerves of who might be looking for it, would get the better of me even if I were to hold onto it. I would initially do the wait and see approach as well, but if nothing came of it, would turn it into the police. Or attempt to make a donation to a charity, however, I'm not sure the police would let that slide. Would they? If you admit you found a bag full of $5 million, would they insist on you turning it over to them, or allow you to donate to a charity? I would think they'd insist on the turn in, since a donation is essentially the same as keeping it, doing with it what you want.

Yes, I have some time and I'm getting caught up on my GT. I've missed you. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:37 am

More interesting question might be, what would you do if you were allowed to keep it? ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:52 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:More interesting question might be, what would you do if you were allowed to keep it? ;-)

shawn: I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man.
Omaha: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?
shawn: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I were a millionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money.
omaha: Well, not all chicks.
shawn: Well, the type of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.
omaha: Good point.
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:46 pm

I am not a thief.

THAT SAID, I always kid that if I were to steal, it's gotta have a two-comma minimum. Consequently, I am for sale... just not for sale cheap!

I think the 5 mil satisfies that criteria... ;-)
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk