2010 NFL Schedule release

Postby dream_017 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:35 am

Tonight at 7:00(eastern) the 2010 NFL schedule will be released. ;-D

One highlight is that all 2010 Week 17 games will be played within the division

Story
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2010 NFL Schedule release

Postby joejlitz » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:44 am

That's the way it should be ;-D

Guarenteed the Eagles play WAS (probably in WAS) to determine playoff position or a wild card spot. Some people would love to see McNabb knock the Eagles out of playoff contention in Week 17.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:57 pm

The first game has been announced:

Thursday Sept 9th - Minnesota at New Orleans
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:22 pm

dream_017 wrote:The first game has been announced:

Thursday Sept 9th - Minnesota at New Orleans

9/9 is my B-day... it's always nice when the NFL gives me opening day as a gift.

Only about 13 weeks till the preseason!

5 Prime Time games for Indy, 5 1:00 starts, and 5 4:15 starts. Trip to Foxboro in November. Home opener a prime time game against the Giants. And 4 of our last 6 games at home in the oil drum ;-D
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

NFL Schedule

Postby Kareighuis » Mon May 24, 2010 9:28 am

I haven't had a chance to look at this year's schedule in detail. However, I did notice that alot of meaningful games will be played week 17. Given this, who thinks moving fantasy championship games back a week makes sense?
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Re: NFL Schedule

Postby biju » Mon May 24, 2010 10:01 am

Kareighuis wrote:I haven't had a chance to look at this year's schedule in detail. However, I did notice that alot of meaningful games will be played week 17. Given this, who thinks moving fantasy championship games back a week makes sense?

I'm not sure this is going to change the fantasy season much (for me, at least) as I'm sure some teams will be heading into the playoffs regardless of the division games in week 17. At the very least I'd need to see a year before making the switch to a week 17 championship, but personally I'd hate to see something like that compromised by a few teams/players that won't play.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby joejlitz » Mon May 24, 2010 12:00 pm

Kareighuis wrote:I haven't had a chance to look at this year's schedule in detail. However, I did notice that alot of meaningful games will be played week 17. Given this, who thinks moving fantasy championship games back a week makes sense?

The league did this in an attempt to provide more meaningful games in the last week and thereby limiting the number of teams who might be able to sit regular starters. I think I read that Week 16 also had all divisional games except for 6 teams (or something like that).

However, I still would not want to move up my fantasy championship game. It's a huge risk to think I might not be able to play Kevin Kolb to win it all this year! :-D ;-)
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby dream_017 » Mon May 24, 2010 12:55 pm

joejlitz wrote:I think I read that Week 16 also had all divisional games except for 6 teams (or something like that).

Within the last 4 weeks of the season each team will play 3 division games(with week 17 being all division games).
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby Kareighuis » Mon May 24, 2010 8:25 pm

biju wrote:

I'm not sure this is going to change the fantasy season much (for me, at least) as I'm sure some teams will be heading into the playoffs regardless of the division games in week 17. At the very least I'd need to see a year before making the switch to a week 17 championship, but personally I'd hate to see something like that compromised by a few teams/players that won't play.

That seems to be the general belief by those who don't want to expand fantasy football into the 17th week- fear that a star player will be benched because his team has clinched and thus "taint" the fantasy championship.

I think that's bull. I've always treat the chance that Peyton or any Colt (and Brady when they were challenging the undefeated record) would be benched as a potential injury risk. Just like Westbrook in his heyday and Ronnie for the last few years, you know they'll put up monster numbers- then suddenly might not be available at a critical time. Same thing goes for vets on rebuilding teams late in the season- they need to see how the youngsters behind them perform as the evaluate the coming draft class. Taken one step further, it's like players who could put up big numbers if they could only get the start, like Miles Austin last year.

I treat a player's chance of being rested late in the season just like other who could suddenly be unavailable (injury, hot-shot bench player)- it's just another thing I weigh when I'm ranking players.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby dream_017 » Tue May 25, 2010 7:25 am

Kareighuis wrote:
biju wrote:

That seems to be the general belief by those who don't want to expand fantasy football into the 17th week- fear that a star player will be benched because his team has clinched and thus "taint" the fantasy championship.

I think that's bull. I've always treat the chance that Peyton or any Colt (and Brady when they were challenging the undefeated record) would be benched as a potential injury risk. Just like Westbrook in his heyday and Ronnie for the last few years, you know they'll put up monster numbers- then suddenly might not be available at a critical time. Same thing goes for vets on rebuilding teams late in the season- they need to see how the youngsters behind them perform as the evaluate the coming draft class. Taken one step further, it's like players who could put up big numbers if they could only get the start, like Miles Austin last year.

I treat a player's chance of being rested late in the season just like other who could suddenly be unavailable (injury, hot-shot bench player)- it's just another thing I weigh when I'm ranking players.

A week 7 injury costs you a week 7 victory....a week 17 resting player costs you a fantasy championship
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Next

Return to Football Talk