NEW!!-EXCITING!!- ORIGINAL!!- 15 year round players needed!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

NEW!!-EXCITING!!- ORIGINAL!!- 15 year round players needed!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

NEW!!-EXCITING!!- ORIGINAL!!- 15 year round players needed!!

Postby beeco » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Long time CBS commissioner, looking to start a salary contract year round football league, called FRONT OFFICE FOOTBALL LEAGUE. I have designed and set up probably the first year round hockey league, and I am applying the rules and ideas to a new football league that will start up in the fall for the 2010 season. I am a long time CBS user of the commissioner package, but have grown frustrated over constant problems with their draft rooms over the past three years. So, I have taken this new league and tried too find a site that hopefully can host this league for years to come. I have used myfantasyleague.com, (MFL), to try and test the systems in the league, and so far, so good. I have completed the scoring, along with most of the structure of the league, and before I purchase, I would like some committed owners who will take some of the 15 spots available, as I will take one as well. I want guys or gals who,.. a) know their football,...b) will be available year round for free agency and a rookie draft,..c) don't quit after one year because they don't like their team,..d) able to use league safe for league finances,..e) be able to get involved in an auction e-mail slow draft, TBD when it will start. MFL does not have a regular one night auction draft. (The only point about the site that I didn't like).

Here are few of the details

We will use small rosters, with NO flex. This allows all 16 teams the opportunity to own at least a starter in each position. The defensive players scoring has been designed and ready to go, so that each position has different scoring parameters, and is as equal to the offensive players as much possible. There are a few LB's in the top ten, and several CB's and LB"s in the top 20, and several mixed 'D' players in the top 100.

We will have an offseason, with a ten player prospect, (taxi), roster, that will be drafted by e-mail shortly after the real NFL in April, so if you apply, please be available to make this draft, regardless or how many baseball leagues your in.

The regular auction draft was a key for me in the design of this new league as it is salary cap based, with contracts, and unfortunately it is difficult to find a site that has both flexible design, and an auction draft room. MFL has it, however they only have an e-mail auction draft at the moment. I have no problem with that, as I have used these before, but never in an auction format. There is something called proxy bidding, and for you ebay users, you know that means you can place a bid on a player at the maximum you want to spend, and then do not need to get involved with the current auction player until someone outbids your maximum bid.

Contracts will NOT be tied down to specifics. Meaning you can sign as many players to as long a contract you want, but only players with one year contracts can be dropped. Salaries will be based on the initial auction draft, and the subsequent FAAB free agent aquisitions.

Entrance fee is $100.00. Depending on league fees, all money goes back into league prizes. League safe is the mandatory payment site. If you can't process league fees through this site, please do not apply. Canadians will need a credit card to use on the league safe site, and cannot use their bank accounts through league safe.

I am looking for the best of the best in fantasy, that is one of the reason for the cost of the teams. I want committed players with a background in fantasy, and that won't give up. I am tired of setting up these extensive leagues that are designed for long term play, only to have to replace people because they are over their heads, or they lost their jobs, or their team stinks and they don't want to fix it. If the league cannot be filled with quality owners, and a proper site is not found for the league, it will be postponed until 2011. I have not purchased the league yet, and have until June 10th to save some cash.
Please send me some fantasy info about yourself, where you live, your interests,..etc,... through a PM here at the cafe. Only desirable candidates will be contacted.

Thanks

Brad
Last edited by beeco on Tue May 18, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beeco
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 16 team, Salary, Contract, Dynasty Football

Postby wiley02 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:14 am

PM sent. Very interested in this league, if it is going to take place, and if there are openings.
wiley02
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Classifieds