Some motherless *****s egged my baby - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Some motherless *****s egged my baby

Moderator: Football Moderators

Some motherless *****s egged my baby

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:12 pm

Kids piss me off.

Came out of the house this morning to go to work and look what I find on my baby:

:~(
I thought the worst part was it was already almost noon so it had already had time to cook on in the sun too. I also needed to get to work so only had time for a quick drive-through car wash at the local gas station.

Once washed off though the true worst part was evident:

Even though it is only a crappy cell phone pic you can see the round "starburst" pattern at the point of impact of the egg (just right of center in the pic). I really didn't have time to look too closely because I was going to be late for work but it looks like the paint has fractures and the base coat beneath is showing through or something? Is that even possible?

Some of the yolk is still on there even after the wash since it has already cooked on, looks like I get to spend tomorrow trying to get the rest off and seeing what I can do about the other damage.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Some motherless *****s egged my baby

Postby knapplc » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:30 pm

Soak the residue as much as possible before trying to wash it off. That'll help save the paint. Just use plain water.

Maybe you'll get lucky and the finish will buff. I think you're screwed, though. Sorry.

Stupid kids. :-t
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:38 pm

happened to my truck last year, I took it right to the wash and it still destroyed the paint. sucks.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:39 am

Eggs are very bad on car paint. The only thing that can damage the paint is the Shell though. If you leave an egg on your paint for a sustained period of time it will not come off.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5318889_eggs- ... paint.html
What To Do
First, remove the shell pieces by hand to avoid further scratching. Then hose off the car with plain water. If the egg has "fried" onto your car's surface and will not come off with plain water, it is time to move on to phase two. Mix equal portions of household ammonia and white vinegar, soak a soft cloth (like a washcloth) with the mixture and hold it against the egg until it begins to soften. Gently pick at the egg with a fingernail. The commercial product "Goo Gone" or a bug and tar remover may be used instead of the vinegar and ammonia mixture, but again, you must keep the egg soaked with whatever you are using---and be patient. The only thing you will accomplish by rushing the removal process is damage to your paint job.

Results
Your car's paint should show no trace of the egging. However, if white spots remain on the clear coat, use more vinegar and scrub with a washcloth. You may also be able to buff out any residual staining and light shell scratches when you wax your car.

I've always said if you have a problem with me then face me don't F with my car.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby lmcjaho » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:48 pm

Well, went out there today and gave my baby a nice wash. Got ambitious and decided to demold the doors too while I was at it. Tried Goo Gone on the leftover glue from my moldings and it got most of it out but a few wouldn't come out so I think the car is going to need a full detailing with clay bar and waxing which I am going to leave to a professional...

Looks even sexier with naked doors IMO.
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:17 pm

Yeah it looks better without the molding, beware of door dings now though. :-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:04 pm

Metroid wrote:Yeah it looks better without the molding

X2. De-mold, remove decals, debadge if ya can I always say. Looks sweet ;-D

Something about those tires, though, that I can't put my finger on. Maybe they just need some tire black on them B-)

Sorry about the damage man... people who egg cars and people who write computer viruses should all be put in the same bag and beaten with a Louisville slugger.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:55 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Yeah it looks better without the molding

X2. De-mold, remove decals, debadge if ya can I always say. Looks sweet ;-D

Something about those tires, though, that I can't put my finger on. Maybe they just need some tire black on them B-)

Sorry about the damage man... people who egg cars and people who write computer viruses should all be put in the same bag and beaten with a Louisville slugger.

Well, I already needed to get her detailed and I'm hopeful from what I have seen so far that the minor damage that is left will be taken care of with a good clay bar/polish/wax routine.

As for the tires, I was unable to give them the treatment they needed because my can of Wheel & Tire cleaner was empty :-t

As they're my winter (studded) tires and I need to have them off by Friday anyway (still have to find some affordable 18" used summers to throw on until I get the check I have been waiting on so I can buy the 20"s I wanted) I am not too worried about it right now.

No plans to debadge right now though. I may replace with a custom badge at some point but for now the dodge shield is cool with me.
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby joejlitz » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:31 pm

Metroid wrote:Yeah it looks better without the molding, beware of door dings now though. :-o

All it's missing is a midnight green bumper sticker that says, "Eagles Nation." ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:12 am

Metroid wrote:Yeah it looks better without the molding, beware of door dings now though. :-o

Thanks Met. I'm not too concerned about the door dings to be honest. The moldings were placed in a spot on the door that LOOKED decent (if you like the molding look) but for all practical purposes they're pretty useless. I think about the only thing that they would protect against is shopping carts. Most car doors stick out farther when opened at the top of the door (ever notice that?) which on almost any car is way higher than the molding on my door was at. ;-D

Some silly Iggles fan wrote:All it's missing is a midnight green bumper sticker that says, "Eagles Nation."

Besides the fact that bumper stickers in general should never be put on an actual bumper unless the car needs them for structural integrity - ie it's already a sh*tbox - the sheer asininity (is that a word) of the idea of an Eagles anything on my baby is too ridiculous to even contemplate. %-6
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to General Talk