Wilson: Broncos 'panicked' with Tebow pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Wilson: Broncos 'panicked' with Tebow pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Wilson: Broncos 'panicked' with Tebow pick

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed May 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
da bears wrote:And Bazzy the UF system does throw a lot of short passes off the read option, he really never had to fit the ball in small windows during college. His receivers ran free a LOT.

Without getting dragged into yet another Tebow debate, I think you have a very large misconception of how the Florida offense worked, especially in 2009.

Winner, winner! Thats what I was thinking when I read that same statement. I'll agree to disagree for now tho, because the Tebow haters will be Tebow haters no matter what he did, is doing or what he might do.

The only other thing I want to say, and this is directed 100% @ da bears comments about talent. Yes Florida may have had some studly RB, but especially WR/TE, but look at their lines. Their o-lines year in year out are made up of nothing much average to potentially just above average linemen. This is one big point I want to get across because yes you say the talent and game is a lot bigger and faster on the pro level, well yes correct, but at the same time Tebow's line and time he has in the pocket will also greatly improve with the improved line blocking in the NFL. Do you realize just to put a guage on things a bit here, that with all the 1st/2nd/3rd round Harvins, Tebows, etc. that this year was the first year since 2004 that Florida had an o-lineman drafted in ANY round. So to me that states that the UofF can pump out all of these sexy positions, but the bread and butter is missing.

So if your going to make judgements and statements about how Tebow is going to struggle in the NFL based on his college days, then at least give him a shot to have a legit NFL line in front of him before hand.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby da bears » Sat May 15, 2010 9:03 am

UF didn't need nfl caliber offensive lineman they run more of an option style offense there's no need for them. They were still extremely effective for that system although shaky in a few games last year Ark jumps out at me as one where they had issues. It's like saying Air Force has a crap o-line because they don't get drafted but for the system they are in they're very solid.

And as for this apparent vertical passing attack, yea they threw the ball downfield more(thanks for the reminder certainly a noticeable difference from 07/08) but go compare Notre Dame to UF's passing game last season. ND has a vertical passing attack and UF looked nothing like them throwing the ball.

Where do you guys rank Tebow as far as pro potential against other players from this draft?
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Timbathia » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:39 am

Where would Tebow have been ranked if he didnt have a slow-release? McDaniels thinks he can fix it, and if so, then #25 is a steal.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby u_fig_eater » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:50 pm

Denver Broncos: last place @ 3-7

Knowshon Moreno: 3.7 YPC
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator