Jason Campbell (OAK) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jason Campbell (OAK)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jason Campbell (OAK)

Postby joejlitz » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:15 am

Jason Campbell is going to the Oakland Raiders with the expectation of being their starting quarterback.

The Raiders acquired Campbell from the Washington Redskins on Saturday for a 2012 fourth-round draft pick, ending a near sleepless night for the quarterback, who said he will play for his eighth offensive coordinator in 10 years. Campbell also said he already has spoken to Raiders managing general partner Al Davis, coach Tom Cable and offensive coordinator Hue Jackson. And after those conversations, Campbell believes he will be the starter in Oakland.

"I feel like I was going to be the starter," he told NFL Network's Rich Eisen during the NFL draft. "... I expect to be the starter."

When pressed one more time by Eisen, Campbell reiterated that point.

Cable met with the media following the draft Saturday and stressed it was an opportunity for Campbell to start and that the quarterback would have to compete for the job. Cable said Campbell will be one of five quarterbacks -- Russell, Bruce Gradkowski, Kyle Boller and Charlie Frye are the others -- vying for the starting job.

Cable said he didn't discuss the starting job with Campbell, but he appreciated the quarterback's mindset because it will be a competition.

Gradkowski had been expected to compete with Russell for the Raiders' starting job before the trade for Campbell. Gradkowski hurt himself while lifting weights this offseason and recently had surgery. He's expected to be fully recovered by training camp.

When asked if Russell could end up being the starter, Cable left open that possibility if the former first-round draft pick competes and ends up being the "best guy."

Rest of Article: NFL.com
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jason Campbell Traded to OAK

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:31 pm

With Jamarcus about to be dropped and Gradkowski ailing Campbell is the front runner to start. Of coarse that doesn't mean much.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby dblj9911 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:04 pm

I actually don't think that Oakland is going to be as bad as many people think, I can't believe that I just wrote that. They actually played pretty well last year without Jamarcus at qb. So if Campbell can get a running game going (which they can do) get there receivers to play well (Miller at te and Schielens is healthy) they may actually surprise some people. There division isn't going to be as tough as others so they may end up close to .500 on the season. They may actually end up like a real NFL franchise if they don't watch what they are doing.
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Postby bmor8811 » Sat May 01, 2010 8:38 pm

I just can't support anything that Oakland does. This is, what Campbell's 5th offense in his 5-year career. With far inferior players, other than ZMiller, and even a more unstable ownership than Washington breathing down the coaching staff's necks... I just can't see a solid season, even if they're division is relatively weak... San Diego didn't get much worse, if not better with LTs lack of production replacing with a rookie, and KC is looking awfully young and fast nowadays. I forsee an at-best 5-11 season with maybe 2 division victories.
Thanks Leber for the sig!!
bmor8811
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterCafecaster

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun May 02, 2010 7:39 pm

Word on bay area sports radio is that Jamarcus was the best looking QB last week. 8-o
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby joejlitz » Mon May 03, 2010 11:57 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Word on bay area sports radio is that Jamarcus was the best looking QB last week. 8-o

I guess he shaved his mohawk, then. :-B
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Return to Football Talk