12 team ppr-idp dynasty league... 5th year
start 2rb, 2wr, 1 wr/rb, 1qb, 1te, 1k, 1dl, 2db, 2lb, 2dp, 11bench
max increased to: 5qb, 8rb, 8wr, 5te, 3k, 3de, 3dt, 5lb, 4cb, 4s.. last year it was: 4qb, 5rb, wr, 4te
standard espn scoring with fractional scoring, 0.5 per rec, 0.75 per solo tackle, 0.25 per ast tackle, 3 per sack, 2 per int, 2.2 per pass def, rest of idp cats are default scoring..
qb= Donovan Mcnabb, Kevin Kolb, Joe Flacco, Matt Leinart
rb= Steve Slaton, Arian Foster, Marshawn Lynch, Thomas Jones, Clinton Portis
wr= Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, DeSean Jackson, Vincent Jackson, Sidney Rice
te= Vernon Davis, Jermichael Finley, Jason Witten
k= Garett Hartley
dl= Julius Peppers, Will Smith, John Abraham
lb= Ray Lewis, DeMeco Ryans, Jon Beason, Elvis Dumervil, Brian Cushing
db= Darren Sharper, Leon Hall, Terrence Newman, Yeremiah Bell
As you can see, rb's are my biggest weakness.. I traded LT 3 years ago(while he is still in his prime) for 5 future 1st round picks.. Used 2 of it so far...
Basically i still made the playoffs last year even with a crappy rb core, & i was the 6th seed.. My wr's & idp's bailed me out for the most of the season.. But the glaring weakness at rb definitely killed me in the playoffs when i got eliminated in the 1st round by just 10 pts... As you can see i have a promising team & i'm just one player away from becoming the champ...
So this year i got 6th overall pick based from the order of finish...
At that spot i doubt i would get a good rb that can immediately help me out, which is why i'm wondering to whether trade down or to trade up...
I know the guy with the 1st overall is not going to trade that pick away ever, unless he gets a really great offer... So we can take out Matthews out of the rankings.. I'm pretty sure Best, Spiller, & Bryant will round out the top 4 picks, and the 5th guy selecting is leaning towards Clausen or Bradford to protect his old qb roster(he got Favre, Kurt Warner, Jason Campbell, Eli Manning)...
So here are my questions:
1) If i would to stick with my spot & Ben Tate falls down to me at that spot, would you guys recommend to me drafting him to handcuff foster/slaton??
2) If Ben Tate is not a good rb choice, which rb aside from Best, Spiller, & Matthews should i draft??
3) And would you guys consider trading away 3 future 1st round picks(or even more than 3 future 1st) to move to 2nd right now??? Guy in 1st is still not satisfied with my 3 future 1st offers...
4) And if i did move to 2nd, which rb would you guys prefer: Jahvid Best or CJ Spiller??
I would prefer finding a way to move to 2nd overall without giving up on any of my wr's or my lb's.. It is abit difficult in this league to trade defensive players for offensive players, unless elite lb's are included.. Best is in a better offensive team, but he got a history of injuries.. While Spiller is the better talent, but in a bad offensive team with a rb competition to play with..
5) Since LS2throwed mentioned in his http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=466939
that he didn't liked this year's rb, im thinking of trading my 6th overall away & targeting Matt Forte... So would you guys consider 6th overall this year for Forte or i would need to add another draft pick???
i would prefer trading for Forte without trading away any of my wr's or lb's.. It is abit difficult in this league to trade defensive players for offensive players, unless elite lb's are included
6) And any rb's/wr's i should target that are primed for a breakout or bounceback season??
any insights will be greatly appreciated...