Who is the #2 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #2 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the #2 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Poll ended at Sat May 01, 2010 9:24 pm

RB C.J. Spiller, Buffalo Bills
26%
WR Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys
11%
RB Jahvid Best, Detroit Lions
63%
WR Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos
No votes
Other (please explain)
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: Who is the #2 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:34 pm

Ok Matt is correct, as always, moving on this shouldn't have even happened in this thread as it was between Best and Spiller.

So back to subject Best is the clear cut #2 fantasy rookie right NOW, in my eyes of course. Unless Jackson and/or Lynch get injured or traded Spiller will be the RB3 and special teamster until one of those two, if not both play out. Also until Buffalo gets a QB that can back defenses down its going to be hard enough for experienced backs such as Jackson or Lynch to produce, let alone a rookie.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:32 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:Best is the clear cut #2 fantasy rookie right NOW, in my eyes of course. Unless Jackson and/or Lynch get injured or traded Spiller will be the RB3 and special teamster until one of those two, if not both play out. Also until Buffalo gets a QB that can back defenses down its going to be hard enough for experienced backs such as Jackson or Lynch to produce, let alone a rookie.

Remember, this is for the next 4-5 years, not just the 2010 season. With that in mind, I don't see Spiller as better than Best. Remembering Matt's point that Thomas is a raw WR because he knows only 2 routes, there's no way in my mind that Thomas is the better 4-5 year prospect than Bryant.

biju wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:I don't trust Dallas' WR scouting after making a major move for Roy Williams. Dallas may have to play Williams alot to see if he proves worthy of the investment. Austin and Witten will dominate Romo's focus and the running game will be a major force in the offense with a 3-headed monster there.

This is pretty much the point I was trying to make, Kareighuis just spelled it out better and more bluntly.

Funny, when I was looking back on Dallas I was thinking they were actually rather good at picking WR talent as a whole. Some of their recent WRs who have shown some promise went undrafted: Miles Austin, Sam Hurd, and Kevin Ogletree. Patrick Crayton was a 7th round pick. Let's not also forget recent history in that they signed TO when he was still great and let him go when he seemingly had less gas in the tank. They also have some pretty solid pass catching TEs and RBs. It seems to me they know how to evaluate hands.

The Roy Williams trade was an outlier in their evaluation, and while I'm not defending them for that trade I'm willing to bet that this was more of a Jerry Jones move than the coaching staff and scouts.

Good point.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sat May 01, 2010 10:12 am

I went with Bryant. I am not blown away by any of the RBs this season, it seems that where you end up was a bigger factor this year. Mathews is a lock 1st pick because he went to the Bolts who get top end production from RBs and he is a great fit. Spiller has competition, but is a nice fit as well in Buffalo. They seem to get RB production and are weary of Lynch. Best at the Lions seems a great opportunity, but the Lions haven't exactly gotton much out of their RBs, have a bad D, very young QB, and this year's schedule doesn't exactly look great for a RB. With Best, and to a lesser extent Spiller, I worry that in games vs the better teams he did not excel.
Bryant is a legitimate talent at WR and falls into a great place. Offensively the Cowboys should remain loaded for years, expecially via the air. Witten, Austin, and Bryant will give Romo tons to work with and their D will make him have to throw. I just think he has a better chacne of sticking and staying than both Spiller and Best.
In all honesty, I don't know if I have the guts to take him over Best or Spiller with the premium on RBs.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby biju » Mon May 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Well, it seems safe to say that Spiller isn't catching Best on this one. Should we venture on?
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Lung » Mon May 03, 2010 5:36 pm

biju wrote:Well, it seems safe to say that Spiller isn't catching Best on this one. Should we venture on?

Done. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Previous

Return to Football Talk