Kevin Kolb - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Kolb

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Kevin Kolb (concussion)

Postby cnewby » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:56 am

JavaDude wrote:
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi predicted Wednesday that Michael Vick will be the Eagles' starting quarterback for the rest of the season.

Despite the money paid to Kevin Kolb, Lombardi believes that wins will be the overriding factor in the Eagles' quarterback decision. Vick is going to start in Week 2, and should beat the Lions. He's got the Jaguars after that. If Vick wins two straight games, it would be very difficult to pull him for a quarterback that looked as poorly as Kolb did in Week 1.

Very good inf. Thanks for the update! So what is Vicks outlook for the season? I find him very appealing as a fantasy QB moving forward.
cnewby
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JavaDude » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:20 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:
esper wrote:Vick worth a pickup?

Vick was not even really worth owning when he was at his best in ATL. I mean sometimes he would have good games but whatever.

I think he definitely is worth picking-up. I wouldn't break the bank though. If he shreds the Lions and the Jaguars he could be a solid starting QB that you got for almost nada.

The Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeff McLane confirms a report by the NFL Network's Michael Lombardi that Michael Vick will start Sunday at Detroit.

Kolb has finally passed the first stage of his concussion testing, but he's already missed the majority of the game-planning for this week. For obvious reasons, the Eagles' plan differs quite a bit with Vick under center. How the events unfold this weekend will go a long way toward determining the Week 3 starter.
Source: Jeff McLane on Twitter
JavaDude
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Flyn high again » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:48 pm

Picked Vick up for 3 real dollars transaction fee in my Kolb league. With Roethlisberger as my other QB, I had no choice. Don't like Vick's dog fighting history but I will take the points if he ends up being Philly's QB1. Watching Kolb on Sunday, it's clear he needs to improve a lot or sit on the bench. Also, another concussion is only a head butt away. after you get one, you have to be worried about a second.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joejlitz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:44 pm

cnewby wrote:
JavaDude wrote:
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi predicted Wednesday that Michael Vick will be the Eagles' starting quarterback for the rest of the season.

Despite the money paid to Kevin Kolb, Lombardi believes that wins will be the overriding factor in the Eagles' quarterback decision. Vick is going to start in Week 2, and should beat the Lions. He's got the Jaguars after that. If Vick wins two straight games, it would be very difficult to pull him for a quarterback that looked as poorly as Kolb did in Week 1.

Very good inf. Thanks for the update! So what is Vicks outlook for the season? I find him very appealing as a fantasy QB moving forward.

Temper your long term Vick expectations for now. The Eagles didn't trade away McNabb so Vick could start and Reid doesn't see him as the long term solution. Kolb will get many many more chances to win or lose this job.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:53 am

joejlitz wrote:
cnewby wrote:
JavaDude wrote:

Temper your long term Vick expectations for now. The Eagles didn't trade away McNabb so Vick could start and Reid doesn't see him as the long term solution. Kolb will get many many more chances to win or lose this job.

Im really hoping that Kolb just had a bad game for whatever reason. If they put Vick in there then the production/value of Desean Jackson goes into the dump.... And im really hoping Desean can have a decent year at least..
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Re: Kevin Kolb (out for Week 2)

Postby tclangham » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Looks like Vick might be the franchise QB in Philly....

The Philadelphia Eagles have received numerous calls about the availability of quarterback Kevin Kolb from several teams, according to a senior team official.

"We have had calls," the team official said Wednesday

When asked Wednesday whether Kolb would be on the Eagles' roster after the Oct. 19 trade deadline, Eagles coach Andy Reid said, "Listen, I can't predict anything down that far, nobody in this league can do that."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5604002
10 Team $ Keeper League - Jockey Full of Tim Tebow - (5-4)
QB - 2RB - 1Flex - 2WR - TE - D/ST - K

QB- Luck
RB - Alf, L. Bell, Jackson
WR - Marshall, Allen
TE - Gates
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Vinatieri

Fantasy Football Cafe - Survivalist League - tclangham
tclangham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 29)

Kolb

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:13 pm

You suck. I want Mike Vick back please. I mean does he know he has Desean Jackson on his team? Man......
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Kevin Kolb

Postby Flyn high again » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:18 pm

Kolb should be starting for at least the next couple weeks. That said, I just picked up Shawn Hill rather than Kolb for this week's Lions/Rams match up. Hill is performing like a top ten QB. Kolb... not.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JoeSchmoe » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:31 pm

joejlitz wrote:
cnewby wrote:

Im really hoping that Kolb just had a bad game for whatever reason. If they put Vick in there then the production/value of Desean Jackson goes into the dump.... And im really hoping Desean can have a decent year at least..

I have NO idea where this came from. I have DeSean Jackson on one of my leagues, and for each week that Kolb starts DeSean has less than 30 yards and ZERO touchdown (week1 - 30 yds 0 td, week4 - 19 yds 0 td), and when vick starts, he DeSean blew up with 4+ reception each week with 135yds, and 153 yds PLUS 1 TD. It's obvious that Kolb is a plague when it comes to DJ's production.
JoeSchmoe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:16 am

JoeSchmoe wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Temper your long term Vick expectations for now. The Eagles didn't trade away McNabb so Vick could start and Reid doesn't see him as the long term solution. Kolb will get many many more chances to win or lose this job.

I have NO idea where this came from. I have DeSean Jackson on one of my leagues, and for each week that Kolb starts DeSean has less than 30 yards and ZERO touchdown (week1 - 30 yds 0 td, week4 - 19 yds 0 td), and when vick starts, he DeSean blew up with 4+ reception each week with 135yds, and 153 yds PLUS 1 TD. It's obvious that Kolb is a plague when it comes to DJ's production.

Yeah Kolb and Jackson are like oil and water it seems. Im just wondering if maybe Jackson does not know that Kolb cant throw the ball as far as McNabb and Vick can lol. Kolb looks up and sees him open but says to himself oh crap i cant throw it that far!!
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk