Who is the #3 pick in dynasty league rookie drafts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #3 pick in dynasty league rookie drafts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the #3 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Poll ended at Fri May 07, 2010 5:35 pm

RB C.J. Spiller, Buffalo Bills
48%
WR Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys
48%
WR Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos
No votes
RB Ben Tate, Houston Texans
4%
Other (please explain)
No votes

Total votes : 25

Who is the #3 pick in dynasty league rookie drafts?

Postby The Lung » Mon May 03, 2010 5:35 pm

Who is the #3 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts? You are voting on who will have the best fantasy football production in the NFL over the next 4 or 5 years with the team on which the player was just drafted, NOT who will have the best year in 2010. Assume standard scoring (1 pt. per 10 yards rushing / receiving, and no PPR) Also please assume that you have a balanced roster and don't have a great specific need for a QB, WR, etc.

Feel free to discuss the pros and cons of these players - this could be helpful for some and generate some good discussion. If you'd like to vote for a player NOT on this list, then please vote "other" and make a post to discuss the player. This will serve as a write-in vote for that player. ;-D

Previous polls
1.01 RB Ryan Mathews, San Diego Chargers
1.02 RB Jahvid Best, Detroit Lions
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who is the #3 pick in dynasty league rookie drafts?

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:48 pm

Based on the first 2 pick threads I belive this one should be fairly easy to say it goes to Spiller.

CJ would be the easy #2 and possibly even fight for the #1 overall pick, if it weren't for the fact that he has two veteran RBs ahead of him stealing most all of his touches on offense. He has very good overall RB attributes, and blazing speed, but the situation in Buffalo just pushes his name down the list. Now if Jackson or Lynch or even both were injured or moved, then Spiller's value receives a huge boost. Too much of a 'what if' situation for him to be counted on as much this year as the first 2 backs off the board. Still not a bad pick at #3 for some special teams help (if your league counts Return Yards) and definitely a draft and stash for keeper leagues with higher numbers of keepers and especially in dynasty leagues.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:33 pm

I went with Dez. Spiller to the Bills was a terrible pick for the Bills and Spiller. Spiller's a speed back; he needs to get outside to succeed. Luckily for him, he gets to go to a team where Demetrius Bell and Cornelius (I think that's his first name) Green will be the starting tackles. Hmm... not very good. The interior line of Wood/Levitre/Hangartner, on the other hand, is actually OK.... This makes me think that Fred (and a little Marshawn if he's still around) will see the ball a lot as he's probably the best inside runner of the 3 backs Buffalo has. I think Spiler has a ton of talent, but the Bills offensive tackles are going to take multiple years to turn around. I'll take Dez, who's a talent at WR himself and has a much better situation. I wouldn't worry too much about Dez's off-field stuff; in rookie drafts I'm more worried about upside....
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon May 03, 2010 11:17 pm

I voted Spiller. I had Javad about the same but in a better situation for the 2nd pick. Spiller is not that far behind because the Bills run alot. With Them souring on Marshawn he could sneak in there a bit quicker than expected. Plus he is a different type of back than Jackson and Lynch.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby mattb47 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:24 pm

I got Spiller here...RBs are king and Spiller is very very talented even in a mediocre situation. Situations can change but talent doesn't and in a dynasty league it's not all about this next season.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:04 am

mattb47 wrote:Situations can change but talent doesn't and in a dynasty league it's not all about this next season.

Like that quote right there. Also Matt for as much as we went back and forth on Bryant, I will honestly admit it may have taken just a few words, but you just made me realize what you were saying about him. I'm always so go-go on this year that I sometimes have my blockers on about the future , so thanks for that.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bungle613 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:23 am

mattb47 wrote:I got Spiller here...RBs are king and Spiller is very very talented even in a mediocre situation. Situations can change but talent doesn't and in a dynasty league it's not all about this next season.

RB's are king but I voted Bryant. I think he may be a schmuck but I also have a gut feeling this is the biggest bust RB class in along time. Big D isn't known for keeping there players on the straight and narrow either but the kid can play. Bryant but by a very small margin.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bmor8811 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:19 am

For me it's Bryant hands-down... situation, skill, drive, i pretty much love this kid and the situation. Spiller's crazy good but in a crappy weather team, with crappy players, and a lot of competition for every-down carries with FJackson and MLynch...
Thanks Leber for the sig!!
bmor8811
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterCafecaster

Postby Warpigs » Wed May 05, 2010 7:44 pm

For me, it's Ben Tate. Sure he has some "competition" in Steve Slaton and Arian Foster ... but he will be the main guy in that offense moving forward. An offense so potent in the air, that defenses will leave plenty of rushing lanes for Tate to exploit.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Wenchtamer » Wed May 05, 2010 9:20 pm

Spiller and Bryant are both really talented. Tie goes to the running back.
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk