Nice People Get Jack (Bad Word) in Return... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Nice People Get Jack (Bad Word) in Return...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Nice People Get Jack (Bad Word) in Return...

Postby Munboy » Fri May 07, 2010 12:25 am

Um....I don't care if it's your mom, don't give other people your work unless you want an all expense paid trip to the dean's office. You never know how much your friend will change and if it will be enough to where it's not recognizable, and while you're not the one plagiarizing, you can get in some deep doo-doo for that.

As far as your roommate. If you come across that deal again, just talk it out. A majority of people will understand. If they don't, be a jerk about it...unless the dude is way bigger than you, then find somewhere (else) quiet to nap. :-b
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri May 07, 2010 12:32 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Are you displaying any Red Sox, Pats, Bruins or Celtics gear in your room? That could explain a lot of the reactions you are getting. People may be assuming that you're a douchebag. Take that stuff down and I'm sure people will treat you much better. You can thank me later. ;-D

QFT
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lmcjaho » Fri May 07, 2010 3:30 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Are you displaying any Red Sox, Pats, Bruins or Celtics gear in your room? That could explain a lot of the reactions you are getting. People may be assuming that you're a douchebag. Take that stuff down and I'm sure people will treat you much better. You can thank me later. ;-D

HAHAHAHAAH! You took the words right out of my head Mookie!
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Fri May 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Yeah...doing, giving, or letting someone copy your homework is wrong. It's almost as bad as rooting for the Patriots.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Fri May 07, 2010 4:11 pm

Metroid wrote:Yeah...doing, giving, or letting someone copy your homework is wrong. It's almost as bad as rooting for the Patriots.

My roommate in college used to secretly videotape me while I was doing homework. His name was Bill. O:-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri May 07, 2010 9:56 pm

For the roomate I would start being inconsiderate just like him. Make noise. When you have to fart slap it off his forehead while he is sleeping. When he says something make a pact that says both of you will be considerate.

As for the homework I feel you are actually hurting the guy by giving it to him. He should understand the material or he shouldn't be there. By giving it to him its like giving a guy free fish instead of teaching him how to fish. He will always need peoples help unless he learns. Tell him your side job is tudoring and make some cash.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby sox 06 » Fri May 07, 2010 10:30 pm

scottaa1 wrote:My roommate in college used to secretly videotape me while I was doing homework. His name was Bill. O:-)

Ha! I like that one :-D

Cowboys 4 Life wrote:For the roomate I would start being inconsiderate just like him. Make noise. When you have to fart slap it off his forehead while he is sleeping. When he says something make a pact that says both of you will be considerate.

As for the homework I feel you are actually hurting the guy by giving it to him. He should understand the material or he shouldn't be there. By giving it to him its like giving a guy free fish instead of teaching him how to fish. He will always need peoples help unless he learns. Tell him your side job is tudoring and make some cash.

Believe me, I wanted to make all the noise I could so many times this year, but I thought I would be the better man and remain as quite as I could just as knapplc said. Something kind of weird, this semester I actually was a tutor for the same subject that I helped him with and I got paid. However, not one person came in for tutoring !+)
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue May 11, 2010 7:15 am

Metroid wrote:Yeah...doing, giving, or letting someone copy your homework is wrong. It's almost as bad as rooting for the Patriots.

that's pretty much how i got through college :-B i'd say about 75% of our engineering class was into cooperative learning. one time there was a real smart kid i new that not to many other people did. i was able to get him to help me with a real tough extra credit problem. so i in turn "helped" quite a few others. he made a mistake somewhere so almost the whole class also made the same mistake :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue May 11, 2010 11:55 am

I never understood why people cheated in college. But then, I don't understand a lot of things people do.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to General Talk