Lawrence Taylor arrested - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Lawrence Taylor arrested

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lawrence Taylor arrested

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu May 06, 2010 12:51 pm

Horrible horrible story and I pray that it isn't true. The girl is 15 yrs old who was beaten.

Link

NFL Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor has been arrested for rape in New York, according to a report from WCBS-TV in New York City.

The former New York Giants linebacker was taken into custody early this morning by the Town of Ramapo police after being accused of raping someone in the Holidome Hotel in Montebello, north of New York City, WCBS said.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lawrence Taylor arrested

Postby knapplc » Thu May 06, 2010 1:51 pm

It sounds like he wasn't the guy who beat her, that was the "pimp" who got her to Taylor. From the way it sounds, she was a runaway who somehow got hooked up with this pimp guy. He beat her into submission, and took her to LT, who had sex with her. They're calling it statutory rape, which implies to me that he's not being charged with forcible rape, just sex with a minor.

Bottom line, he's a _________ idiot for ever being involved in this situation, no matter how "consensual" he may or may not have thought this was on the girl's part. Bottom line, the best case scenario for LT is that he's a complete DB creep. The worst-case scenario is that this wasn't just an arranged dalliance on his part, but something intentional. Either way, he's going to do time, and deservedly so.

This is beyond stupid (at best). :-t
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Lawrence Taylor-Arrested

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu May 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Man I just hate seeing these stories. I know Taylor wasn't a good 'person' but he was something special to the sport of football, and it just kills me to see these stories. How legit, I dunno but here it is...

SUFFERN, N.Y. (AP)—Pro Football Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor has been arraigned on rape and prostitution charges in an assault on a 16-year-old runaway who police said was brought to his New York hotel room against her will.

A Rockland County judge set bail at $75,000.

The former New York Giants linebacker was arrested early Thursday at a Holiday Inn in Suffern, N.Y. He was charged with third-degree rape and third-degree patronizing a prostitute.

Authorities said the victim was 16, one year below the legal age of consent in New York.

Taylor’s lawyer, Arthur Aidala, said the player denies the charges.

A 36-year-old parolee is charged with unlawful imprisonment, assault and endangering the welfare of a child. He is accused of bringing the girl to Taylor’s hotel.

-Yahoo sports

If this does turn out to be true tho I will say that his name will go onto my mini 'blacklist'. Just sick if it is indeed true.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Lawrence Taylor-Arrested

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu May 06, 2010 11:25 pm

I do to. There are certain guys that just can't stay out of the news. The OG LT is one of them.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby portisfan24 » Fri May 07, 2010 2:49 am

Ugh. I'd like to say I'm surprised, but truthfully it doesn't shock me in the slightest.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri May 07, 2010 7:46 am

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was just trying to pay for a hooker and didn't know it would be a 16-year-old runaway essentially forced into prostitution, but damn, this doesn't look good.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby scottaa1 » Fri May 07, 2010 7:08 pm

Link
gridiron great Lawrence Taylor admitted paying for sex at a suburban Holiday Inn where police say he raped a 16-year-old runaway, federal prosecutors said Friday in a criminal complaint against the girl's alleged pimp.

Taylor told investigators that after "engaging in sex acts" with the victim, he paid her $300 in cash, the complaint says. The man charged in the complaint, Rasheed Davis, had told the Giants legend that the girl was 19, the court papers say.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Re: Lawrence Taylor-Arrested

Postby moochman » Fri May 07, 2010 7:21 pm

I don't know how it happened, but I was surprised. In proving how strong hope is, I had thought maybe he had gotten his life on track. He was at the draft, I suppose I had thought the league would have done its homework and only allowed him to be a participant if he was clean. Sad to see that he is still messed up. I don't know if he had sex with her or not, but I do feel that he has blown his last chance with the NFL. You just don't put yourself in that position. After hours shenanigans, underage hooker, and felony pimp. Not exactly the image Goodell is looking for. Lord help him if he had sex with her, that's prison time for him. At what time does a guy learn he has all the advantages to help him live a life most could only dream of. C'Mon LT, no wait, the one more chances are over, just like you, LT.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby lmcjaho » Sun May 09, 2010 11:13 am

Sorry guys, I can't get all up-in-arms over this one. So LT paid for a little nooky. Anyone here who thinks he is the first or even the hundredth athlete (retired or otherwise) to do so is nuts.

She was underage? Crap, guess he should have asked for ID when he arranged his date?

This is so not-out-of-the-ordinary that the only reason this is making headlines is because the pimp was a total asshat.

Do I condone sleeping with underage hookers? No - but I can definitely see it happening without his knowledge of her age.

Do I condone sleeping with hookers who are of age? To each his own IMO - it's is the world's oldest profession for a reason after all.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Sun May 09, 2010 12:10 pm

So it's a big deal when the paint on your car gets scratched, but not a big deal when an underage girl gets beaten into prostitution.

Nice priorities. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk