Lawrence Taylor arrested - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Lawrence Taylor arrested

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Lawrence Taylor arrested

Postby lmcjaho » Mon May 10, 2010 8:31 pm

knapplc wrote:So it's a big deal when the paint on your car gets scratched, but not a big deal when an underage girl gets beaten into prostitution.

Nice priorities. ;-D

Wow. Way to misread the post.

My point was that the involvement of Taylor in a sex-for-money was not exactly an earth-shaking revelation. I never said it was cool for the underage girl to be "beaten into prostitution". :-[
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon May 10, 2010 11:14 pm

lmcjaho wrote:
knapplc wrote:So it's a big deal when the paint on your car gets scratched, but not a big deal when an underage girl gets beaten into prostitution.

Nice priorities. ;-D

Wow. Way to misread the post.

My point was that the involvement of Taylor in a sex-for-money was not exactly an earth-shaking revelation. I never said it was cool for the underage girl to be "beaten into prostitution". :-[

Definate Strawman by Knapp.

I understood the post as you not being surprised it happened to LT. Not that you agreed with beating a girl into prostitution. Other than the pimp I don't think anybody would like that to happen to an underage girl.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby knapplc » Tue May 11, 2010 7:44 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Definate Strawman by Knapp.

Uhhhh... no, that's pretty much the crux of the thread. Who cares if LT pays for some nookie, as lmcjaho says? Nobody. The whole reason anyone is up in arms about this is the fact that the girl is underage.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:26 am

Any updates? I, like everyone else, was devastated when this story first broke. We were initially led to believe that LT beat an underage girl and raped her. Obviously, since then, we've come to find out she was a prostitute, was beaten by someone else, and LT likely wasn't aware of her age. Still of incredibly low character, even by LT standards, but not nearly as shocking as was first thought.

One question, however, and I haven't been up to date on the story as much as some, but was the girl beaten prior to meeting LT? I'm assuming she was, since she was forced into this by the pimp, and if that is the case, wouldn't LT notice this upon meeting her?

Just a terrible situation all together, I feel horrible for the girl and her family. Personally, I don't care that LT "didn't know" the girl was underage. If he never sees the light of day again, I think the world is a better place for it.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:01 pm

Lawrence Taylor indited on multiple felony counts (as per ESPN):

NEW YORK -- Pro football Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor was indicted Wednesday by a suburban New York grand jury on charges of third-degree rape and patronizing a prostitute.

The indictment follows his May 6 arrest at a Holiday Inn in Ramapo, N.Y., where prosecutors say he paid a 16-year-old girl $300 to have sex with him.

Taylor had been charged previously in Ramapo Town Court, but the indictment transfers the case to Rockland County. He is scheduled to appear July 13.

Rest of story...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk