2011 Dynasty Rookie RB prospects.. Also other positions too - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2011 Dynasty Rookie RB prospects.. Also other positions too

Moderator: Football Moderators

2011 Dynasty Rookie RB prospects.. Also other positions too

Postby lacunacoiler » Thu May 06, 2010 9:14 pm

Since LS2throwed mentioned from another thread that he thinks this year is a weak rb class & also that most of you agrees with him, i guess we can start talking about RB prospects for the 2011 season.... I am almost done trading all of my 1st round picks this year & already in negotations in acquiring additional 1st round picks for next year...

I don't watch college football outside of USC games, so i'm abit ignorant about the other talent in the college scene....

So let's talk about them in this thread & their possible landing destination... And also discussions about WR,TE, & QB prospects are welcomed here.. SO lets start talking about the likes of Ingram, Locker, Green, & Luck...
lacunacoiler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2011 Dynasty Rookie RB prospects.. Also other positions too

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri May 07, 2010 1:33 am

Way too early to start this, injuries and underclassmen play too major of a role to predict it. Will throw out a couple of names that I think will be towards the top tho:

Even Royster-RB Penn State - 2945 rush yds thus far. Should set Penn St. rushing record sometime this year. Projecting 1st round, top 15 pick.
DeMarco Murray-RB Oaklahoma - 2417 rush yds & 35TD thus far. Project as it stands now 1st-2nd round.
Noel Devine-RB West Virginia - 3381 rush yds & 13TD thus far. Project 1st-2nd rd.

Those are the top Seniors on the board, but then you also have to factor in underclassmen who might take the plunge: Mark Ingram-RB Alabama, Ryan Williams-RB Virginia Tech and Daniel Thomas-RB Kansas St.

If they all enter next year I think they go: Ingram, Murray, Royster, Devine, Thomas then Williams.

Problem is next year I really see the draft being dominated up top by the D. Outside of Jake Locker and the usual OTs that fit in, there isn't much offense on the topside of the board, but later in the 1st rd and on should be dominated more by WR (Julio Jones, AJ Green, Jonathan Baldwin, Michael Floyd, Terrance Tolliver and Austin Pettis) then RB.

This is a list of RB I'm watching tho through the course of this upcoming year, aside from the previous 6 listed: RB:
Jamie Harper (Clemson), John Clay (Wisconsin), Anthony Allen (Georgia Tech) and Montell Harris (Boston College)

Again tho, its WAY too early to be certain of anything. Injuries, changes in schemes and just off play can change anything in an instant.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Stelly » Fri May 07, 2010 9:04 am

lacunacoiler wrote:Since LS2throwed mentioned from another thread that he thinks this year is a weak rb class & also that most of you agrees with him,

Can you point me to this thread? I don't watch college football, and like to read as much as I can about the rookie prospects leading up to fantasy drafts.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby lacunacoiler » Fri May 07, 2010 11:43 am

Stelly wrote:
lacunacoiler wrote:Since LS2throwed mentioned from another thread that he thinks this year is a weak rb class & also that most of you agrees with him,

Can you point me to this thread? I don't watch college football, and like to read as much as I can about the rookie prospects leading up to fantasy drafts.

viewtopic.php?t=466939

i'm almost the same boat as he is.... what i'm waiting for right now is to see if the talent for next year's rb is very promising or maybe the year after that is even better...
lacunacoiler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheDiplomats » Fri May 07, 2010 1:48 pm

A bit off topic from RBs, but next years WR crop is as good as they come. Michael Floyd and AJ Green are likely to be the biggest cant-miss prospects since Calvin Johnson. Julio Jones should be a good one as well.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri May 07, 2010 4:56 pm

WR and Defense will be about as deep as they have been in a few years now. I see the first round being dominated by the defensive side of the ball and WRs with a handful of other offense (QB, RB, Linemen).

I really do think that depending on the way this year in the NFL shakes out you may have a legit shot at seeing another #1 overall QB, at bare minimum top 5 pick. Jake Locker was as close to NFL ready for this years draft, but wanted to stay and work on a few more things, one of which trying to make a run with Washington to get more eyes on him and rise his draft stock and 2, didn't want to go head2head with Bradford/Clausen/McCoy/Tebow. But mark my words, Locker will be a great fantasy arm to build a squad around as soon as next year, hes big, quick and has a very strong arm. Around him you will see a ton of defenders tho, D-line to be specific should be fairly strong, followed by DBs and a few LBs.

I think the first WR off the board will be AJ Green will be the first WR off the board-best hands in the nation and really the most polished of them all. Runs great routes and is the model of consistency, even tho he doesn't have a 1000yd season yet, he is head and shoulders above the rest. Next off the board would be Julio Jones-had a bit of a slump last year, but should come back strong, more of home run hitter, but has the frame and ability to run all the routes. Then I go: DeAndre Brown, Michael Floyd(watch his stock tho, without clausen and with new coach Kelley, things may change and may hurt his draft stock), Austin Pettis, Jonathan Baldwin, Terrence Toliver, Greg Little, DeVier Posey and a sleeper pick that with the right plays with the new coach COULD spring all the way to the top 15 and leap frog a bunch of these guys, Jarmon Fortson (hes a big bodied, physical receiver at 6'3" 230, but has 4.4 speed and is willing to make any catch in traffic).

Don't be surprised tho to see a potential of 3 DEs get drafted in the top 5 picks: I really like Cameron Heyward-Ohio St, Robert Quinn and Da'Quan Bowers. Marcell Dareus, Marvin Austin Greg Romeus, Von Miller, Jared Crick, Adrian Clayborn and Allen Bailey could all be first round picks from the D-Line also.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheDiplomats » Sat May 08, 2010 11:49 am

bazzy_51 wrote:WR and Defense will be about as deep as they have been in a few years now. I see the first round being dominated by the defensive side of the ball and WRs with a handful of other offense (QB, RB, Linemen).

I really do think that depending on the way this year in the NFL shakes out you may have a legit shot at seeing another #1 overall QB, at bare minimum top 5 pick. Jake Locker was as close to NFL ready for this years draft, but wanted to stay and work on a few more things, one of which trying to make a run with Washington to get more eyes on him and rise his draft stock and 2, didn't want to go head2head with Bradford/Clausen/McCoy/Tebow. But mark my words, Locker will be a great fantasy arm to build a squad around as soon as next year, hes big, quick and has a very strong arm. Around him you will see a ton of defenders tho, D-line to be specific should be fairly strong, followed by DBs and a few LBs.

I think the first WR off the board will be AJ Green will be the first WR off the board-best hands in the nation and really the most polished of them all. Runs great routes and is the model of consistency, even tho he doesn't have a 1000yd season yet, he is head and shoulders above the rest. Next off the board would be Julio Jones-had a bit of a slump last year, but should come back strong, more of home run hitter, but has the frame and ability to run all the routes. Then I go: DeAndre Brown, Michael Floyd(watch his stock tho, without clausen and with new coach Kelley, things may change and may hurt his draft stock), Austin Pettis, Jonathan Baldwin, Terrence Toliver, Greg Little, DeVier Posey and a sleeper pick that with the right plays with the new coach COULD spring all the way to the top 15 and leap frog a bunch of these guys, Jarmon Fortson (hes a big bodied, physical receiver at 6'3" 230, but has 4.4 speed and is willing to make any catch in traffic).

Don't be surprised tho to see a potential of 3 DEs get drafted in the top 5 picks: I really like Cameron Heyward-Ohio St, Robert Quinn and Da'Quan Bowers. Marcell Dareus, Marvin Austin Greg Romeus, Von Miller, Jared Crick, Adrian Clayborn and Allen Bailey could all be first round picks from the D-Line also.

;-D About AJ Green. I currently go to UGA so I have watched him quite a bit and his game reminds me so much of a younger Randy Moss. The great thing about him is that he is as humble as they come. His character will be one of the major reasons (accompanied with his incredible hands, leaping ability, speed, YAC ability, and wingspan) he goes ahead of all the other WRs in this draft.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Stelly » Mon May 10, 2010 9:17 am

bazzy_51 wrote:I really do think that depending on the way this year in the NFL shakes out you may have a legit shot at seeing another #1 overall QB, at bare minimum top 5 pick. Jake Locker was as close to NFL ready for this years draft, but wanted to stay and work on a few more things, one of which trying to make a run with Washington to get more eyes on him and rise his draft stock and 2, didn't want to go head2head with Bradford/Clausen/McCoy/Tebow. But mark my words, Locker will be a great fantasy arm to build a squad around as soon as next year, hes big, quick and has a very strong arm. Around him you will see a ton of defenders tho, D-line to be specific should be fairly strong, followed by DBs and a few LBs.

This is partially why I hope the Bills really suck this year!

(Is it bad to wish a bad season on your team?! I mean really - what chance does this team have?! Lol....)
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Lung » Thu May 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Rankings by Scout, Inc. and comments by me.

The Top 32 Returning NFL Prospects (among those eligible for the 2011 Draft).

Quarterbacks
1. Ryan Mallett, Arkansas (Jr.)
2. Jake Locker, Washington
3. Andrew Luck, Stanford (3rd year Soph.)
4. Christian Ponder, Florida State
5. John Brantley, Florida (Jr.)
6. Blaine Gabbert, Missouri (Jr.)
7. Jerrod Johnson, Texas A&M
8. Nick Foles, Arizona (Jr.)
9. Case Keenum, Houston
10. Kellen Moore, Boise State (Jr.)
11. Colin Kaepernick, Nevada
12. Andy Dalton, TCU
13. Terrelle Pryor, Ohio State (Jr.)
14. Adam Weber, Minnesota
15. Nathan Enderle, Idaho

Running Backs
1. Evan Royster, Penn State
2. Mark Ingram, Alabama (Jr.)
3. Jacquizz Rodgers, Oregon State (Jr.)
4. John Clay, Wisconsin (Jr.)
5. DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma
6. Daniel Thomas, Kansas State
7. Anthony Allen, Georgia Tech
8. Jamie Harper, Clemson
9. Jeffrey Demps, Florida (Jr.)
10. Montel Harris, Boston College (Jr.)
11. Victor Anderson, Louisville (Jr.)
12. Jermaine Thomas, Florida State
13. Jordan Todman, Connecticut (Jr.)
14. Harvey Unga, BYU
15. Donald Buckram, UTEP

Wide Receivers
1. Julio Jones, Alabama (Jr.)
2. A.J. Green, Georgia (Jr.)
3. Jonathan Baldwin, Pitt (TE) (Jr.)
4. Terrance Toliver, LSU
5. Michael Floyd, Notre Dame (Jr.)
6. DeVier Posey, Ohio State (Jr.)
7. Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma (Jr.)
8. Austin Pettis, Boise State
9. Chris Owusu, Stanford (Jr.)
10. Vincent Brown, San Diego State
11. Greg Little, North Carolina
12. James Rodgers, Oregon State (Jr.)
13. Randall Cobb, Kentucky (Jr.)
14. James Cleveland, Houston
15. Greg Salas, Hawaii

Tight Ends
1. Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame (Jr.)
2. Lance Kendricks, Wisconsin
3. D.J. Williams, Arkansas
4. Weslye Saunders, South Carolina
5. Luke Stocker, Tennessee
6. Mike McNeill, Nebraska
7. Charlie Gantt, Michigan State
8. George Bryan, NC State (Jr.)
9. Kevin Koger, Michigan (Jr.)
10. Cameron Graham, Louisville
11. Konrad Reuland, Stanford
12. Kavario Middleton, Washington (Jr.)
13. Jeffrey Anderson, UAB
14. Andrew Jones, Missouri (Jr.)
15. Virgil Green, Nevada

Imo, the top 3 QBs are on their own tier and Locker, Mallett and Luck could all be first round picks in next year's NFL Draft.

As for RBs, Ryan Williams from Virginia Tech is shockingly absent from this list and could also be a first rounder. He redshirted in 2008 and as a 3rd year sophomore in 2010 would be eligible for the 2011 NFL Draft. Also, Harvey Unga is supposedly declaring for the 2010 supplemental draft, and Donald Buckram is a BEAST for UTEP and should imo be much higher on this list.

Moving on to WRs, I'd argue that there a "Big Four" at the top of the class which include A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, and Jonathan Baldwin. Green is projected to be a top 5 overall pick, and is a prospect on the level of Michael Crabtree and Dez Bryant. (which is just below the elite level of Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Andre Johnson who were the best WR prospects last decade)

And lastly, with TEs there is pretty much Kyle Rudolph and then all the rest.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Kareighuis » Fri May 14, 2010 11:02 am

The Lung wrote:As for RBs, Ryan Williams from Virginia Tech is shockingly absent from this list and could also be a first rounder. He redshirted in 2008 and as a 3rd year sophomore in 2010 would be eligible for the 2011 NFL Draft. Also, Harvey Unga is supposedly declaring for the 2010 supplemental draft, and Donald Buckram is a BEAST for UTEP and should imo be much higher on this list.

TL, I'm surprised Heisman-winner Mark Ingram is below Evan Royster. Is that how you would rank them?
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Football Talk