2011 Dynasty Rookie RB prospects.. Also other positions too - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2011 Dynasty Rookie RB prospects.. Also other positions too

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2011 Dynasty Rookie RB prospects.. Also other positions too

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:40 am

Quarterbacks
1. Ryan Mallett, Arkansas (Jr.) - No way I think he should rank over Locker. Mallett showed flashes at Arkansas, but just remember the Michigan days.
2. Jake Locker, Washington - Most well rounded QB in the draft, and overall one of if not the top NFL ready player in the draft.
3. Andrew Luck, Stanford (3rd year Soph.) - Really think he would get more in a 2012 draft, but kid has skill, not sure that he is in the same tier as Mallett/Locker as being as polished.
4. Christian Ponder, Florida State - He could surprise, I don't think the Florida St. system showed his true colors, and kid has a very nice arm.
5. John Brantley, Florida (Jr.) - I don't think there is any way this happens, if he were smart he would join the 2012 draft, one year of exposure won't be enough.
6. Blaine Gabbert, Missouri (Jr.)
7. Jerrod Johnson, Texas A&M
8. Nick Foles, Arizona (Jr.)
9. Case Keenum, Houston
10. Kellen Moore, Boise State (Jr.) - Deserves to be moved up this list, a little undersized, but as accurate as they come. Just getting the knock because of the school.
11. Colin Kaepernick, Nevada
12. Andy Dalton, TCU
13. Terrelle Pryor, Ohio State (Jr.) - Again I think he stays until the 2012 draft, where he could have the potential to rival any other QB as the top slot. Needs a ton more polishing to even make it.
14. Adam Weber, Minnesota
15. Nathan Enderle, Idaho

Running Backs
1. Evan Royster, Penn State – I also have him pegged as #1, unless Ingram comes out.
2. Mark Ingram, Alabama (Jr.) – If he leaves early he will be the #1 RB taken, pretty much without a doubt.
3. Jacquizz Rodgers, Oregon State (Jr.) - Smart running back, quick and with all the moves. Only question (on him and his brother) is durability, his frame is so tiny at 5’7” 193.
4. John Clay, Wisconsin (Jr.) – big bruiser, one of the top recruited RB in the nation coming out of highschool. I give it a 5% at most that he comes out early.
5. DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma – I think deserves at least #3 status, he’s a nice runner, and awesome out of the backfield.
6. Daniel Thomas, Kansas State – widely unknown back, could surprise by bunny hoping any of these backs ranked above him.
7. Anthony Allen, Georgia Tech
8. Jamie Harper, Clemson
9. Jeffrey Demps, Florida (Jr.)
10. Montel Harris, Boston College (Jr.)
11. Victor Anderson, Louisville (Jr.)
12. Jermaine Thomas, Florida State
13. Jordan Todman, Connecticut (Jr.)
14. Harvey Unga, BYU
15. Donald Buckram, UTEP

Wide Receivers
1. Julio Jones, Alabama (Jr.) – big and makes the big plays look easy. Top talent, but not #1WR off the board.
2. A.J. Green, Georgia (Jr.) – will be #1WR taken. Jones is a big play guy, but there isn’t a WR in the nation that’s as polished all around as AJ is.
3. Jonathan Baldwin, Pitt (TE) (Jr.) – very undervalued, Baldwin will make a big splash wherever he ends up.
4. Terrance Toliver, LSU – his junior year may have really hurt his draft status, and I would knock him down a few pegs, after all the dropped balls he had. Still a plus side talent, but last year hurt him.
5. Michael Floyd, Notre Dame (Jr.) – Injuries last year and a new system this year will make this #5 pick a bit more cloudy. Has top skill set, but will be gauged on how well he transitions to the new coach.
6. DeVier Posey, Ohio State (Jr.) – Quick, good hands, but not this high.
7. Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma (Jr.)
8. Austin Pettis, Boise State – If he lasts this long I will be very surprised. I have him as the #4-#5 best WR in the draft. School name may hurt a bit, but his skill set rivals the top guys.
9. Chris Owusu, Stanford (Jr.)
10. Vincent Brown, San Diego State
11. Greg Little, North Carolina – After Nicks everyone basically forgot about UNC, but Little has a legit shot at being just as good, if not better then Nicks. Watch out for this cat on draft day.
12. James Rodgers, Oregon State (Jr.) – Just like his twin, a bit undersized, but they have both heard it their whole career and still get it done. Durability a question?
13. Randall Cobb, Kentucky (Jr.)
14. James Cleveland, Houston
15. Greg Salas, Hawaii

Tight Ends
1. Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame (Jr.)- agreed no TE really comes close.
2. Lance Kendricks, Wisconsin
3. D.J. Williams, Arkansas – I have slated as #2, has great hands and a big frame.
4. Weslye Saunders, South Carolina
5. Luke Stocker, Tennessee
6. Mike McNeill, Nebraska
7. Charlie Gantt, Michigan State – Don’t sleep on this guy. I know it’s a Spartan, but the BigTen brews some stout TE and Gantt is no slouch. He has above average hands/route running, and is able to block with the best of them. I actually have him as a sleeper at #4.
8. George Bryan, NC State (Jr.)
9. Kevin Koger, Michigan (Jr.)
10. Cameron Graham, Louisville
11. Konrad Reuland, Stanford
12. Kavario Middleton, Washington (Jr.)
13. Jeffrey Anderson, UAB
14. Andrew Jones, Missouri (Jr.)
15. Virgil Green, Nevada [/quote]

Overall I think it’s a good starter list, but like the previous poster said, where is Ryan Williams, or even better yet, where is Noel Devine-WVU?? I have Devine as a top 5-6 back and they don’t even have him in the top 15.

Watch a little known back from Nevada also, if he can get his head on straight and stay on the field (academic issues) he has a legit shot to crack the top 10RB. Vai Taua, was back up to senior back to start 2008, but an injury to the lead back in the 2nd game of the year opened the door and Taua took full advantage. He rushed 236 times for 1,521yd and 15TD in 13 games and was named WAC Offensive MVP. 2009 saw his carries drop a bit, because he again played in only 10 games, to 172, but still gained 1,345yd and 10 TDs, but increased his average per rush to a nice 7.8 per.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Fri May 14, 2010 12:02 pm

bazzy, James and Jacquizz Rodgers are not twins. James is the older of the two, he's a Senior Quizz is a Junior.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:09 pm

Metroid wrote:bazzy, James and Jacquizz Rodgers are not twins. James is the older of the two, he's a Senior Quizz is a Junior.

Sorry, I always forget that. They just look identical, so I always call them twins, my bad.

bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Fri May 14, 2010 5:58 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:
Metroid wrote:bazzy, James and Jacquizz Rodgers are not twins. James is the older of the two, he's a Senior Quizz is a Junior.

Sorry, I always forget that. They just look identical, so I always call them twins, my bad.

It's all good, they do look a lot a like, pretty much the same build and height.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby LS2throwed » Fri May 14, 2010 8:41 pm

I plan on doing a post pretty soon about the WR's next year, what an amazing class that could have 4 WR's go top 15. Next year is the year you should feel comfortable about taking a Wr pretty early.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby The Lung » Tue May 18, 2010 7:01 am

Kareighuis wrote:TL, I'm surprised Heisman-winner Mark Ingram is below Evan Royster. Is that how you would rank them?

Not right now but a lot could change this year.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby The Lung » Tue May 18, 2010 7:05 am

(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Kareighuis » Tue May 18, 2010 2:12 pm

I know so little about collge ball, one sentence blurbs about players can educate me.

With that said-
"26. Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama (Jr.): He's an Emmitt Smith-type runner. He isn't explosive, but he makes people miss. Tacklers don't get good angles on him."
"30. Evan Royster, RB, Penn State: At 6-1, 215 pounds, he has good size and speed. He makes people miss, but he's also strong in the hole. He should become Penn State's all-time leading rusher this year."
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LS2throwed » Tue May 18, 2010 8:32 pm

Ingram reminds me so much of Emmitt Smith it's not even funny, and I've yet to come across anyone who has since I've been following college, Rice would be the closest but he still never truly did.

Ingram is going to be a legit stud and I think he'll be a very safe pick; he has the heart, work ethic, vision, patience, quickness, toughness and pretty much every quality you look for in a RB.

Only guy I see challenging him this early would be if Ryan Williams from VA Tech comes out, he's a mix of LT and Deangelo Williams and probably has a higher ceiling then any other RB at this point.

Demarco Murray can potentially be a beast, but he's injured every season, if you ignore that and look at his talent he'd be in the mix, he could be a steal for someone...I like Royster, but not as much as Williams or Ingram. I like Williams & Ingram enough that I'd trade a hell of alot to get them, a RB1 who is close to the end of his prime, future 1st rounder, and whatever else.

I think those two will be stars, but Williams may not even come out, he'd be my #1 RB if he did.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:43 pm

Definitely agree with LS2's post, only reason I bumped Ingram down in my rankings to #2 was because it wasn't sure if he was staying or coming out early. But I do want to shed some light on a local boy (I've now relocated, again, back to the South, living literally 25min from Clemson now) that I've been talking to local guys about to learn more on. Jamie Harper RB-Clemson. Hes a senior this year, and because of CJ Spiller most that don't follow college ball really have never heard of him. Think CJ Spiller, then think a CJ Spiller 1-2 tenths slower 40, that is taller and built like a locomotive. He may not always blow by you, but thats alright hes not scared to run through you. But for a big boy with speed he has some of the sweetest moves I've seen in a while out of a frame his size. He has brillant feet, the hips to go with those feet and makes people look flat silly on the field.

I really think this is a back to keep a wide eye on. He has exceptional vision, and although his 40-times don't mirror Spiller they are damn close, but moreover his acceleration may actually top CJ's. He hits holes quick and has the vision along with the balance to stop on a dime and change direction with the best of them. He was a 5-star HS RB and was the #5 overall RB in the class of '08, had offers from Florida, Florida St, Miami, Illinois and obviously Clemson. He only rushed for 418Yd and 4TDs last year, but keep in mind CJ was the star and fellow RB Andre Ellington was the #2 option. This year is a totally different story, most were awarding Harper the job after Spiller played his final game in the Clemson uni, but it wasn't his, he had to earn it. Thus far in the offseasn and through spring ball Harper has opened eyes and is the odds on favorite for the RB1 job. I will definitely try to keep up-to-date with in person views on not only Clemson as a whole, but all the ACC foe that come to town.

bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk