2011 Dynasty Rookie RB prospects.. Also other positions too - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2011 Dynasty Rookie RB prospects.. Also other positions too

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2011 Dynasty Rookie RB prospects.. Also other positions too

Postby LS2throwed » Tue May 18, 2010 11:02 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:Definitely agree with LS2's post, only reason I bumped Ingram down in my rankings to #2 was because it wasn't sure if he was staying or coming out early. But I do want to shed some light on a local boy (I've now relocated, again, back to the South, living literally 25min from Clemson now) that I've been talking to local guys about to learn more on. Jamie Harper RB-Clemson. Hes a senior this year, and because of CJ Spiller most that don't follow college ball really have never heard of him. Think CJ Spiller, then think a CJ Spiller 1-2 tenths slower 40, that is taller and built like a locomotive. He may not always blow by you, but thats alright hes not scared to run through you. But for a big boy with speed he has some of the sweetest moves I've seen in a while out of a frame his size. He has brillant feet, the hips to go with those feet and makes people look flat silly on the field.

I really think this is a back to keep a wide eye on. He has exceptional vision, and although his 40-times don't mirror Spiller they are damn close, but moreover his acceleration may actually top CJ's. He hits holes quick and has the vision along with the balance to stop on a dime and change direction with the best of them. He was a 5-star HS RB and was the #5 overall RB in the class of '08, had offers from Florida, Florida St, Miami, Illinois and obviously Clemson. He only rushed for 418Yd and 4TDs last year, but keep in mind CJ was the star and fellow RB Andre Ellington was the #2 option. This year is a totally different story, most were awarding Harper the job after Spiller played his final game in the Clemson uni, but it wasn't his, he had to earn it. Thus far in the offseasn and through spring ball Harper has opened eyes and is the odds on favorite for the RB1 job. I will definitely try to keep up-to-date with in person views on not only Clemson as a whole, but all the ACC foe that come to town.

Good stuff, will definately keep tabs on the guy. ;-D Sounds pretty interesting.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2011 Dynasty Rookie RB prospects.. Also other positions too

Postby The Lung » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:34 pm

DeMarco Murray might not be an every-down back at the next level
Royster lacks big-time prospect skill set

For the record, I think RB is looking like a terrible class next year with the exception of Ingram and John Clay.

Jacquizz Rodgers is so frail he makes Dexter McCluster look like a 275-lb. fullback. Noel Devine could be thrown in that same category. Playing at Georgia Tech, Anthony Allen is going to have the same questions about playing in a pro style system that Jonathan Dwyer did.

Every year has its strengths and weaknesses. 2008 was the year of the RB. 2009 had a good WR class. 2010 may prove to be the year of the TE. If Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Jonathan Baldwin, and Michael Floyd all come out then 2011 could be one of the greatest WR classes ever.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk