2010 Season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Double D Dynasty

2010 Season

Moderators: thriftyrocker, Wenchtamer, Football Moderators

Re: 2010 Draft Commentary

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon May 31, 2010 12:08 pm

Warning - Radical Idea posted below
I noticed we do not have a majority of original owners who have stuck with us through the years (is this year 6?). What if, and take this with a grain of salt, we started over? I know this would put some at a great disadvantage but it might help with the turnover we are experiencing. Just a thought....

Now on to something a bit less radical....
I think there is too much incentive to tank to get the first pick. Not accusing of anyone doing this in the past but I think I have a slight fix that would alleviate the tempetation to tank. What if the consolation playoff winner received the first pick, the consolation runner-up the second pick and then the last place finisher in the regular season receives the third pick.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aaawall91 » Mon May 31, 2010 12:56 pm

I'm not against starting over, since it's my first year in the league. But obviously that needs a serious majority.

As for the 1st pick, I don't believe anyone who made the playoffs should get it every year.

Theres ways to avoid tanking, that isn't one IMO.

Do some sort of consolation for teams who don't make the playoff to win the pick, or do a lottery based on finish, as well as tons of other ideas.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon May 31, 2010 1:57 pm

I thought there were consolation playoffs but I may be remembering wrong.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon May 31, 2010 2:12 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Warning - Radical Idea posted below
I noticed we do not have a majority of original owners who have stuck with us through the years (is this year 6?). What if, and take this with a grain of salt, we started over? I know this would put some at a great disadvantage but it might help with the turnover we are experiencing. Just a thought....

I think there is too much incentive to tank to get the first pick. Not accusing of anyone doing this in the past but I think I have a slight fix that would alleviate the tempetation to tank. What if the consolation playoff winner received the first pick, the consolation runner-up the second pick and then the last place finisher in the regular season receives the third pick.

Actually we have 7 of 12 original owners. Still a slight majority. If there's interest in "starting over" we could start a second league with many of the same owners. I think it would be sad to scrap existing rosters.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon May 31, 2010 2:22 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Warning - Radical Idea posted below

Actually we have 7 of 12 original owners. Still a slight majority. If there's interest in "starting over" we could start a second league with many of the same owners. I think it would be sad to scrap existing rosters.

Ah, I guess I made a mistake on who was an "original". My bad. Like I said, it was a radical idea that I didn't think would get much support but thought I would throw it out there anyways. Something to keep this intermediary time interesting..
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

Re: 2010 Round 1

Postby iamgregg » Mon May 31, 2010 11:47 pm

1.01 Ryan Mathews - RB, SD
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:07 am

1.02 Dez Bryant, WR, Dal

I think Dez will eventually be a WR1 even with Austin there, so I'm gonna gamble on another WR even though it was tough to pass on a RB.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:13 am

Id rather do a Double D pt 2 or something along those lines with the same owners, starting over sucks and really isn't fair to people who have built up a strong team for the future and helps the people who made alot of bad decisions. Just my take B-)
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby SamsDad25 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:24 am

1.03 Jahvid Best - RB, DET
SamsDad25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:13 am

I think it would be very interesting running two different leagues with all the same owners.

I'm all game for that.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

PreviousNext

Return to Double D Dynasty