Albert Haynesworth Won't go to Work - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Albert Haynesworth Won't go to Work

Moderator: Football Moderators

Albert Haynesworth Won't go to Work

Postby joejlitz » Sun May 09, 2010 2:19 pm

New coach Mike Shanahan is holding his 2nd "voluntary" minicamp and while veterans don't always attend, when there is a new coach it typically is a sign of support when they do. Haynesworth hasn't shown up. McNabb is there. Santana Moss is there. Devin Thomas is there. Probably a lot more, but I'm not a skins fan.

Anyway, I bring this up to say that I wouldn't want him on my team. That fact that he has been available for quite some time and hasn't moved, coupled with the fact that he appears to be an underachiever lately, keeps me off his band wagon.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Albert Haynesworth Won't go to Work

Postby bungle613 » Sun May 09, 2010 2:26 pm

Apparently he would like to play for the Vikings. Can't imagine that happening.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheDiplomats » Sun May 09, 2010 8:41 pm

Pretty pathetic on Haynesworth's part. They made him the richest defensive player in football just a year ago and this is how he repays them.

Unfortunate for fantasy purposes too. I was going to target the Skins defense assuming Haynesworth was playing ball, but I guess that is unlikely now.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:54 pm

I know its something that is just morally right to do, but in the same breath its voluntary. It is pathetic in my eyes, don't get me wrong, but the media has eaten this up all week to and its just old. Some of the media people have said the same thing, its voluntary. Period.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Munboy » Mon May 10, 2010 4:48 pm

Its all about numbers for him. Not the contract, but the on field numbers. NTs jobs are to eat up blocks, they don't get the tackles and sacks that DTs get. That's his problem...and its pretty pathetic of him.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon May 10, 2010 10:23 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:Pretty pathetic on Haynesworth's part. They made him the richest defensive player in football just a year ago and this is how he repays them.

Agreed. Very CS of him. They paid you so get the F out there. Contracts that big should force responsibility and participation. The guy should be there period. Also a note to the Skins. Don't frontload a contract. Both parties are idiots.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby da bears » Mon May 10, 2010 10:32 pm

I don't know why they'd want to use him at NT, seems like a waste of what he can do. The media does blow this stuff out of proportion but Haynesworth is garbage for not showing up with that type of $$$.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 11)

Postby moochman » Sat May 15, 2010 9:41 pm

What I don't understand is why a head coach, or a football team would allow this. No, not Ms. Butterworth's failure to show up, but not covering it up. It would be in the Skins and Shanny's best interest to have contacted Fat Albert prior to the date and if he wavered at all to tell him he does not have to attend. Then if he doesn't show, its a non story, and if he does much can be made of it. Now that introduce speculation over disharmony and also reduced his attractiveness in the trade market due to a perceived bad attitude. I don't get football teams sometimes, they are just so stupid. Everything should be weighed out and twisted to put the team and its assest in the best possible light at all times.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby joejlitz » Sun May 16, 2010 5:45 am

moochman wrote:What I don't understand is why a head coach, or a football team would allow this. No, not Ms. Butterworth's failure to show up, but not covering it up. It would be in the Skins and Shanny's best interest to have contacted Fat Albert prior to the date and if he wavered at all to tell him he does not have to attend. Then if he doesn't show, its a non story, and if he does much can be made of it. Now that introduce speculation over disharmony and also reduced his attractiveness in the trade market due to a perceived bad attitude. I don't get football teams sometimes, they are just so stupid. Everything should be weighed out and twisted to put the team and its assest in the best possible light at all times.

We really should change your title from "Hall of Fame Hero" to "NFLPA Rep" :-b ;-) :-b
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby moochman » Sun May 16, 2010 9:39 am

joejlitz wrote:
moochman wrote:What I don't understand is why a head coach, or a football team would allow this. No, not Ms. Butterworth's failure to show up, but not covering it up. It would be in the Skins and Shanny's best interest to have contacted Fat Albert prior to the date and if he wavered at all to tell him he does not have to attend. Then if he doesn't show, its a non story, and if he does much can be made of it. Now that introduce speculation over disharmony and also reduced his attractiveness in the trade market due to a perceived bad attitude. I don't get football teams sometimes, they are just so stupid. Everything should be weighed out and twisted to put the team and its assest in the best possible light at all times.

We really should change your title from "Hall of Fame Hero" to "NFLPA Rep" :-b ;-) :-b

LOL Don't misunderstand, I am not the least bit please with Haynesworth's attitude, hence Mrs. Butterworth, but players are assests in a multimillion dollar entities. To not do all you can to make them more marketable is a firable offense, were I the owner. If you want to trade him, does this unnecessary press increase or decrease his value. That is all that matters in this case.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk