This topic lists the official league rules, as decided by all league members and enforced by the moderators.
The moderators collectively have the final say on all issues relating to league rules, although they will in good faith seek the advice of the league when making non-routine decisions.
1. Our maximum roster size is 30 players. At no time may a player's roster exceed 30. If we are to exceed 30 we will re-visit and vote.
2. Our starting requirements are as follows: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DST.
3. This league is a dynasty. All players are retained year on year.
Offense (QB, RB, WR, TE, K)
Passing TDs = 4 pts
Passing yards = 0.04 pts per yard
Passing 2 pt conversion = 2 pts
Passing interception = -1 pt
Rushing/Receiving TDs = 6 pts
Rushing/Receiving yards = 0.1 pts per yard
Rushing/Receiving 2 pt conversion = 2 pts
Receptions = 1 pt
Fumble lost = -2 pts
Fumble recovery TD = 6 pts
Field goal (1-49 yards) = 3 pts
Field goal (50+ yards) = 4 pts
Point after = 1 pt
Individual return yards/return TDs will not be scored.
Defensive TDs = 6 pts
Defensive safeties = 2 pts
Special Teams TDs = 6 pts
Special Teams safeties = 2 pts
0 = 10 pts
1-6 = 7 pts
7-13 = 4 pts
14-20 = 1 pt
21-27 = 0 pts
27-34 = -1 pt
34+ = -4 pts
Blocked FG/Punt = 2 pts
Blocked PAT = 1 pt
Sack = 1 pt
Interception = 2 pts
Fumble recovery = 2 pts
III. Divisions, Playoffs, Scheduling, Ranking, and Starting Lineups
1. This league will have 12 teams with no divisions.
2. The regular season will be 13 games. The playoffs will be 3 games.
3. Teams will be ranked based on their overall record. The tie-breaker will be regular season total points scored. As we use fractional scoring, additional tie-breakers are unnecessary.
4. 6 teams qualify for the playoffs each year. Playoff brackets will be composed of #1, #4, and #5 and #2, #3, and #6. The #1 and #2 teams will have a first round bye. In the first round 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5.
5. The end of season rankings will be determined as follows: League champion is the #1 seed. League runner up is the #2 seed. The semi-finals loser with the best overall regular season record is the #3 seed. The other semi-finals loser is the #4 seed. (Tie-breaker is regular season total points scored.) The #5 and #6 seeds will be the quarter-finals losers, determined as above. The non-playoff teams will be ranked according to overall league record with regular season total points scored as the tie-breaker.
6. The opening and closing times for setting weekly starting lineups, beginning in Week 1 and ending Playoff Week 3 are: Thursday at 6:00 am EST - Sunday at 1:00 pm EST.
1. All trades are on a 24 hour review period and would have to be vetoed by league majority if there is a problem. Also if there is ever a veto you would have to speak up on the league page as to why you felt you should veto.
2. There is no trade deadline, trades can be done at the end of the season, as well as the off-season. Trades that stock playoff teams to teams that are packing it in will be frowned upon.
3. All trades must be posted and approved in the 4th and Goal Confirmed Trades thread on the Cafe.
4. Draft picks may be traded for the current season's draft and the following year's draft only. During the regular season only picks from the next season's draft may be traded. Following the completion of our league's championship game, picks from the next two drafts may be traded. All owners are responsible for keeping track of their draft selections in the rosters thread.
example: While the 2012 fantasy draft is taking place, only picks from that draft and from the 2013 fantasy season draft may be traded(thus trading picks 1 year in advance). During the 2012 fantasy season, only picks from the 2013 fantasy draft may be traded. As soon as the 2012 fantasy season champion has been crowned, 2014 fantasy season draft picks may be traded.
1. The inaugural league draft will be 16 rounds. Rookies will not be eligible for selection.
2. Every season will feature a 5 round rookie/FA draft at a time to be determined by the league members.
3. All drafts will be NFL style. Same order for each round.
4. The rookie draft will start each season early in May, each owner is to leave several contacts to reach so owners will be able to get in contact regarding start time.
1. Team owners may acquire free agents via the waiver wire process.
2. After the weekly waiver wire, team owners may acquire free agents anytime within league transaction times.
3. Owners may not acquire a player once that player's game has started, regardless of transaction deadlines.
4. Released free agents are available at the next waiver wire.
5. Unlimited free agent acquistions per fantasy week.
6. The waiver wire will be Blind Bid Auction, which starts each team with $100 for the season. You place a bid on a player starting with $1 and the highest bid gets the player. Ties are awarded to teams with the worst record. Once you spend your $100 limit you can only pick up FA's the rest of the season.
7. The waiver wire will be open only from Preseason Week 1 through Playoff Week 3.