San Fran Offense - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

San Fran Offense

Moderator: Football Moderators

San Fran Offense

Postby da bears » Wed May 12, 2010 1:13 pm

I like what they did in the off season and they have solid talent at the skill positions, does this team's offense take a solid step forward and provide us fantasy footballers with a top 5 rb, top 3 te, top 15 qb, and top 20 wr? Alex Smith took a couple nice steps forward last year, defense is tough, and schedule at first glance looks fairly soft(I know always nearly impossible to tell at this point) I think I will be buying into a few players off their roster this upcoming season.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: San Fran Offense

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed May 12, 2010 9:17 pm

I like what they did to. They made a statement about improving the O line. In interviews last year on KNBR Mike always said the line was an issue after loosing Allen. Crabtree should be much better with time to gel. On a per game basis he put up some nice numbers for a rookie WR. I can see him hitting 1000 and 10 very soon in his career. Alex seems to have calmed down a bit and with them finally realizing how to use Vernon this offense can possibly explode.

I see Gore, Smith, and Crabtree as a good gamble to put up better numbers than where they are drafted.

Gore had a slightly down year and should bounce back with better numbers. AZ got worse but Seattle got better and who knows about the Rams. They could win the division. Those that look specifically at stats will underestimate Crabtrees potential.

Vernon is the one who will be drafted too early here.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby LS2throwed » Thu May 13, 2010 12:56 pm

I like where they are headed.

Crabtree has top 10 WR potential, and it's not crazy to think he'll reach it this year. Marshall jumped up to 100 catches and 1300 yards in his 2nd season and his rookie year was nowhere near as good as Crab's, considering he'll finally get Training Camp, OTA's, etc to get on track. Gore's numbers will improve by alot, he's got alot left in his legs but he HAS to stay healthy though, this team will still be a running team.

Vernon Davis isn't going to duplicate those insane TD totals but he should still finish top 5. I also wouldn't mind gambling on Alex Smith late as a back-up QB or someone to play on by weeks, he got better as the season went on, and let's not forget how much potential he flashed when Norv Turner was the offensive coordinator so he could easily get alot better.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mattb47 » Thu May 13, 2010 6:51 pm

I also like where they are headed but I'm still not completely sold on Alex Smith as a guy who can consistently put up fantasy numbers and even consistently produce and run a high octane fantasy offense as a whole. Frank Gore will get his...that's easily the "safest" guy from this group we're talking about as the upgrades to the offensive line and especially the guys they grabbed are great for Gore first and foremost.

When the Niners opened up the offense more last year and started to run more of that spread style, they put up better numbers on offense and the passing game got going more, but they didn't win. You have to believe that the coaching staff will have noticed that and Singletary likes to edge towards a run heavy approach anyway which could restrict the upside of the passing game.

I like Crabtree a lot and I think he's got great potential...but I'm not positive that we'll see a Brandon Marshall type of 2nd year this year if for no other reason than that Marshall was in an almost ideal situation and Crabtree is not for a WR. Marshall had a strong armed QB on a team with virtually no running game and a bad defense...all of those factors lead to a whole lot of passing and a QB who could get it to him consistently. Smith is not quite that QB yet and the 49ers defense and running game are the strongest parts of the team, so while I think Crabtree has upside, he's not a guy I'm probably going to reach for this year.

I'd probably put them in this order of guys I would target in drafts:

Gore
Davis

Crabtree

Smith
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk