Looking for guys to start a league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Looking for guys to start a league

Moderator: Football Moderators

Looking for guys to start a league

Postby Jamester_main » Wed May 12, 2010 7:01 pm

I'm looking for some guys that wish to join me in starting a long-term year around football league. I'm not posting the specific league details because I want to gather a few serious people first and discuss them. I will only post a few goals/thoughts of mine with this league...

1. A high money league. Somewhere between $100-$200 entry fee. 100% payouts ofcourse.

2. I would prefer each team to be paid one year in advance. So that would mean paying entry x 2 when the league starts but every year after that would only require one entry fee amount. This would keep guys from leaving and it would help to avoid people from making moves that would stack their team one year and leave it shambles the next (like if they didnt plan on returning that next year).

3. This is negotiable, but I'm thinking of doing IDP as well with a point structure that would actually make them valuable. I currently do a keeper/contract league with no IDP so I was just looking at doing something a little different. See the following site for details on my current league (http://www.fscen.com). I was thinking something along the lines of this for a starting roster: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, K, DL, DL, LB, LB, DL/LB, DB, DB, DB. That gives 8 on offense, 8 on defense, and 1 special teams player (kicker). Both offense and defense gets one flex position (WR/TE) and (DL/LB) to give some flexibility on how you want to fill your roster. All of this is completely negotiable though.

4. I want to run an offline / forum style draft that enables managers to be more flexible with trading players and draft picks. Also I would like to do a separate rookie draft and free agent draft. This works pretty well in my other league and is lots of fun.

5. After the draft you would have a certain budget to assign contracts to players (years / amount). This would designate your keepers from year to year. This would be a major discussion point as to what structure we want to use for this.

6. I'm a web designer in real life so I would be more than happy to design us a league website to help tract all of our league activities. I'm going into my third year as commissioner of another keeper league so I have already learned a few things to watch out for as far as record keeping and rules / structure. (http://www.fscen.com is my other league website).

7. I would prefer to use Yahoo. I've used espn, cbs, and nfl.com and I just prefer yahoo. Interested to see what updates lie ahead for us this year. Rumored to be some goodies!

So if you would be interested in getting together and starting up a league with me then please let me know by PMing me, posting to this thread, IM me on yahoo (jeo_james1984), or emailing me at admin@fscen.com. Once we get some interest we will try to come together and discuss the league details and go from there on putting together a website and recruiting some managers. Looking forward to hearing from you guys (and gals if any are interested haha).

Thanks for your time,

James
Jamester_main
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Looking for guys to start a league

Postby Jamester_main » Mon May 17, 2010 12:53 am

Update: I'll be putting together a website for the league in the next few weeks with a rough draft copy of the structure / rules. I've had a few guys reply to this classified via email and PM. Again if you are interested please let me know so I can stay in tough with you as we progress with the league development. I hope to have a pretty good group put together so we can analyze the rough draft copy of the rules / structure and iron out all the details. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Jamester_main
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Classifieds