Who is the #6 pick in dynasty league rookie drafts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #6 pick in dynasty league rookie drafts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Poll ended at Tue May 18, 2010 10:13 pm

WR Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos
63%
RB Montario Hardesty, Cleveland Browns
No votes
WR Golden Tate, Seattle Seahawks
5%
QB Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams
32%
WR Arrelious Benn, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
No votes
Other (please explain)
No votes

Total votes : 19

Postby The Lung » Fri May 14, 2010 10:13 pm

Who is the #6 pick in dynasty league rookie drafts? You are voting on who will have the best fantasy football production in the NFL over the next 4 or 5 years with the team on which the player was just drafted, NOT who will have the best year in 2010. Assume standard scoring (1 pt. per 10 yards rushing / receiving, and no PPR) Also please assume that you have a balanced roster and don't have a great specific need for a QB, WR, etc.

Feel free to discuss the pros and cons of these players - this could be helpful for some and generate some good discussion. If you'd like to vote for a player NOT on this list, then please vote "other" and make a post to discuss the player. This will serve as a write-in vote for that player. ;-D

Previous polls
1.01 RB Ryan Mathews, San Diego Chargers
1.02 RB Jahvid Best, Detroit Lions
1.03 WR Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys
1.04 RB C.J. Spiller, Buffalo Bills
1.05 RB Ben Tate, Houston Texans
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who is the #6 pick in dynasty league rookie drafts?

Postby bungle613 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:16 pm

I have Thomas in the 6th slot but can see arguments for at least 2 others.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat May 15, 2010 12:18 am

Also went with Thomas. At this point going forward theres not too many picks that jump out as locks, its going to be a lot of going back and forth. Bradford is obviously the biggest name, and I know most will call this shot but, I'm still concerned with the shoulder. Not saying all players are dirty, but there are some that you know are going to key on that shoulder, and even if not intentional, one 300lb lineman is all thats standing between field time and the IR. Also I think its going to take a good number of years to rebuild that team to even let Bradford have remotely fantasy worthy years.

At this point and moving forward I think you look for guys that will be replacing guys in the near future, not exactly guys who will step in RIGHT now, because most after this point won't be legit playmaking fantasy players. Right now tho I think Thomas fits the now and future mold the best. He will see good PT this year, and if they can develope Quinn to even be a respectable replacement compared to Orton, then Thomas may have a very bright future in Denver.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sat May 15, 2010 11:32 am

If I have the #6 pick I cannot pass up on Bradford. In fact, I think he should have went a couple picks Sooner. Bradford has the tools to be a starting QB for years to come, and you have to have a QB in dynasty leagues, no? Too rare a commodity to not draft here.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Guru13 » Sat May 15, 2010 12:50 pm

moochman wrote:If I have the #6 pick I cannot pass up on Bradford. In fact, I think he should have went a couple picks Sooner. Bradford has the tools to be a starting QB for years to come, and you have to have a QB in dynasty leagues, no? Too rare a commodity to not draft here.

Bear in mind when I say this that I haven't been on the cafe much in the last several months, so I don't know what everyone's opinions are, but why so much love for Bradford? I think I'd rather trade down and grab Clausen. Now personally I liked Clausen better from the beginning, but particularly now that he can either a) rely on the running game if necessary and b) display that arm throwing to Steve Smith, and the addition of Lafell is promising. I'm not taking away from Bradford necessarily, he's got a solid O-Line and a phenomenal running back, but that's it. Outside of Laurent Robinson (if he's completely healthy), he's dealing with a streaky and oft-injured Donnie Avery, and two very unproven young WRs in Brandon Gibson and Mardy Gilyard. Maybe living in St. Louis and seeing the Rams play every week has scarred me too much, but I just can't quite justify taking Bradford that early.

...I picked Thomas btw. Not a big Tebow fan (in fact I think he was a terrible pick), but think Thomas is more than talented enough to make things happen - could take a year or two to pan out.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat May 15, 2010 2:48 pm

I chose DT. I think he will be the future Alpha WR in Denver and should have a great career. I predict a few Tebow to DT TD's in the future.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Kareighuis » Sat May 15, 2010 4:36 pm

Thomas. Best combo of floor and ceiling. Wanted to go Hardesty, but too much unpredictability (role and NFL-ability)gives him a low floor. Bradford has serious injury issues.

FYI, some of my dynasty leagues have begun drafting and Dwyer, insanely, is going mid to late 1st.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat May 15, 2010 6:24 pm

Kareighuis wrote:Thomas. Best combo of floor and ceiling. Wanted to go Hardesty, but too much unpredictability (role and NFL-ability)gives him a low floor. Bradford has serious injury issues.

FYI, some of my dynasty leagues have begun drafting and Dwyer, insanely, is going mid to late 1st.

I have him as a top 15 pick, #13 as it stands now on mine, for rankings taking into account this year along with the future. Not actually that bad of a pick, Pitt will give him a chance to see what hes got. I think Pitt got an absolute steal on him in the 6th round, and people see that and think they should steer clear because of how low he went. Kid has mad skill and will be a sweet surprise.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattb47 » Sat May 15, 2010 6:44 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
moochman wrote:If I have the #6 pick I cannot pass up on Bradford. In fact, I think he should have went a couple picks Sooner. Bradford has the tools to be a starting QB for years to come, and you have to have a QB in dynasty leagues, no? Too rare a commodity to not draft here.

Bear in mind when I say this that I haven't been on the cafe much in the last several months, so I don't know what everyone's opinions are, but why so much love for Bradford? I think I'd rather trade down and grab Clausen. Now personally I liked Clausen better from the beginning, but particularly now that he can either a) rely on the running game if necessary and b) display that arm throwing to Steve Smith, and the addition of Lafell is promising. I'm not taking away from Bradford necessarily, he's got a solid O-Line and a phenomenal running back, but that's it. Outside of Laurent Robinson (if he's completely healthy), he's dealing with a streaky and oft-injured Donnie Avery, and two very unproven young WRs in Brandon Gibson and Mardy Gilyard. Maybe living in St. Louis and seeing the Rams play every week has scarred me too much, but I just can't quite justify taking Bradford that early.

...I picked Thomas btw. Not a big Tebow fan (in fact I think he was a terrible pick), but think Thomas is more than talented enough to make things happen - could take a year or two to pan out.

Because Bradford is quite simply a superior QB in nearly every aspect of the game...there are reasons Clausen dropped so low and that Bradford's stock kept rising the more people saw him and talked to him.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat May 15, 2010 9:25 pm

mattb47 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:

Because Bradford is quite simply a superior QB in nearly every aspect of the game...there are reasons Clausen dropped so low and that Bradford's stock kept rising the more people saw him and talked to him.

And in a dynasty league you have to have QBs much more than WRs. WRs can come from anywhere, though Thomas may have some measurables, there are cocnerns over route running and the quality of QB play where he is heading. Also, should he turn into a great WR, how will that sit with McDaniels who seems to hate stars? Nah, give me the best QB in the draft. If he hits I win much bigger than I would with a WR, even if Thomas may or may not have a better shot to succeed.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk