Top 3 WR by team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 3 WR by team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Top 3 WR by team

Postby joejlitz » Sat May 22, 2010 4:09 pm

bazzy_51 wrote: ...I really see Arrelious Benn as a come from no where player (a lot know his name, but are way down playing him because he plays for Tampa, wrong thing to do). I haven't posted on the next player to go in the draft, but for me its Benn all the way. He has amazing upside, and has a bit more talent surrounding him now in Tampa then he ever did in college. Look for this guys name on all of your draft boards, major impact.

1st post of the year to go into 2010: The Bold and the Ridiculous

Check out the link here: 2010: The Bold and the Ridiculous
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Mon May 24, 2010 11:34 pm

joejlitz wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote: ...I really see Arrelious Benn as a come from no where player (a lot know his name, but are way down playing him because he plays for Tampa, wrong thing to do). I haven't posted on the next player to go in the draft, but for me its Benn all the way. He has amazing upside, and has a bit more talent surrounding him now in Tampa then he ever did in college. Look for this guys name on all of your draft boards, major impact.

It may be a bit braggadocious, but not ridiculous. I only saw a few games of the Illinie, but Benn sure stuck out. Very very talented player with a terrible QB. Liken it to Rice with Tavarious Jackson or Rice with Favre. He's got a lot of upside. Sadly, I don't know that I could say he seemed to be working hard every play. Again, small sample size.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

moochman wrote:
joejlitz wrote:

It may be a bit braggadocious, but not ridiculous. I only saw a few games of the Illinie, but Benn sure stuck out. Very very talented player with a terrible QB. Liken it to Rice with Tavarious Jackson or Rice with Favre. He's got a lot of upside. Sadly, I don't know that I could say he seemed to be working hard every play. Again, small sample size.

I forgot Joe had posted on this one, I told him in one other post I made about Benn that its all good to post it in the Bold and Ridiculous. So I'm not a newb around here, but whats the prize for being posted there and then that posted turning true? ;-D

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scottaa1 » Tue May 25, 2010 5:03 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:whats the prize for being posted there and then that posted turning true? ;-D

joe comes to your house and sleeps on your sofa for a week. Hide your valuables! :-o
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby bungle613 » Tue May 25, 2010 5:37 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:whats the prize for being posted there and then that posted turning true? ;-D

joe comes to your house and sleeps on your sofa for a week. Hide your valuables! :-o

If you can predict 2 coming true then you get both Joe and Met. Ask them for pictures from their last sleepover. %-6
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby LS2throwed » Tue May 25, 2010 6:43 pm

Benn has some talent and upside, but I like Mike Williams alot more...He was probably a 1st rounder if not for the team issues and what not, and is a much more polished WR.

I'll give Benn a pass on the stats because Juice sucked, and he was doubled, but those are reasons truly elite WR's overcome all the time. Calvin Johnson had Reggie Ball and triple teams each week, granted Benn isn't on that level but he's not the first WR to ever have a crappy QB and double coverages.

He really isn't my cup of tea at WR, he's more of an athlete then a pure WR. Doesn't have a great feel for soft spots in zones, hands are questionable at best, he just reminds me way too much of DHB last year tbh.

Of course if everything goes right he really can be a great WR, I just don't like the chances of guys like him when it comes to playing WR, I think Mike Williams is going to become their leading WR and Benn is going to struggle heavily this year as a rookie.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby joejlitz » Wed May 26, 2010 10:43 am

moochman wrote:
joejlitz wrote:

Well, there really isn't a stigma to getting your prediction posted there, unless you turn out to be REALLY CRAZY WRONG, like the guy last year who posted that Trent Edwards would go for 30+ TDs. :-*
He couldn't sway one person prior to the season and Edwards certainly didn't come close by season's end.

Incidentally, I'll require a tempurpedic bed. Unless it is a really comfy fouton.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:09 am

LS2throwed wrote:Benn has some talent and upside, but I like Mike Williams alot more...He was probably a 1st rounder if not for the team issues and what not, and is a much more polished WR.

He really isn't my cup of tea at WR, he's more of an athlete then a pure WR. Doesn't have a great feel for soft spots in zones, hands are questionable at best, he just reminds me way too much of DHB last year tbh.

One, Williams has to get past the major fact of why he wasn't a first rounder, before he will be anything that resembles an NFL WR. Williams is at best a head case right now, when it comes to on and off field issues. He does have major talent, and may possibly be more polished then Benn in some areas, but I think your giving a bit too much to Mike over Benn right now.

As far as Benn being a pure athlete, thats what makes him so special. The hands are something that can, and will, be worked over hard by the NFL coaching staffs. To say that he has questionable hands I also think is a tad bit over board. He gets laxidasical at times, thats something that will be worked on with mental focus during practices and during game time, but its not that he has less then quality hands. He made some of the biggest/toughest catches I have ever seen a WR at the college ranks make, and better yet made them look very routine. To compare him to DHB is a major slap in the face also. He has much more bruit strength then DHB will ever dream of having, and his on the field presence far excedes that of Bey. Also his 'questionable' hands are miles further along then DHB's ever were at the same time in their careers. Plus like I have mentioned in other posts about Benn, it may not be fantasy relevant, to a point (read on and you will understand, he will get his reps, thus giving good fantasy value still), but Benn is a very good blocking WR, something hard to come by from a kid fresh out of college. At the very least if he struggles at all, this trait will at least keep him on the field and thus give him PT, even if he does have some growing pains.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:32 am

Teams with WRs like Tampa are the guys you want to keep an eye on. I learned a long time ago that there are certain teams that people will just flat out not draft anyone from because "they have nobody". Sometimes you find a gem like an Anquan Boldin show up.

Aromashodu in Chicago is the guy I'd rather have over Hester. He's a flyer guy but the last 4 games of the year he made some noise, worth noting.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk