2010 Sleepers/Buy-Lows - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2010 Sleepers/Buy-Lows

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2010 Sleepers/Buy-Lows

Postby Kareighuis » Fri May 28, 2010 11:23 am

Hmm. In the "Expert" dynasty draft, someone put forward an argument for Dwayne Bowe-

Pancake Blocks wrote:Never before have I witnessed a coach squeeze every last ounce of talent out of receiver corps like Charlie Weis. From David Givens, Troy Brown, and Deion Branch in New England, to Rhema McKnight, Jeff Samardzija, and Maurice Stovall at Notre Dame, Weis is the ultimate maximizer of wideout ability. Dwayne Bowe (who plays the freelancing, target-happy split end position Golden Tate won the Biletnikoff Award at in 2009), I expect to reach his potential in Weis' receiver-friendly system.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:40 am

Footballguys Buy/Sell- explanations in link. The names-

Buy
Lance Moore
Brandon Tate
Larry Fitzgerald
Arian Foster
Jabar Gaffney
Devin Hester
Hines Ward
Donald Driver
Derrick Mason
Carson Palmer
Matt Moore
Hakeem Nicks
Mario Manningham
Malcolm Kelly
Donald Brown
Matt Jones
Harry Douglas
Matt Ryan

Sell
Devin Aromashodu
Ben Tate
Joe Flacco
Anquan Boldin
Matt Leinart
Alex Smith
Ryan Grant
Thomas Jones
Mike Wallace

Some of these names surprise. Don't see Hester and Palmer as buys, or Flacco and Wallace as sells. But, I'm not here to provide my view, just give others. Solid reasoning about Ryan Grant.

Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby petedog9 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:23 pm

I like his thinking on Ward / Driver /Mason. I always take these guys as my secondary WRs on the cheap over the hyped rookie wrs taken around the same time. We had a good debate on this last year if I recall here in the cafe... ;-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby wickerkat » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:17 pm

Agree on Aroma, I think he could really surprise this year. Cutler was big on him last year, and down the stretch Aroma had a couple of great games. If we could only realize that Hester will never be a #1, and put him back on special teams, and a role player at WR, Aroma could break out, Knox could stretch the field, and Bennett and Iglesias could develop even further. I picked up Aroma in two dynasties last year for cheap, and think he is a great sleeper. For dynasties, if he's out there still, pick him up. If you are in a redraft, maybe grab him late. He's a good WR4 with potential to really explode. ADP at Fantasy Football Calculator where I do a lot of mocking is 7.08, but he's lasted until the 9th, and gone as early as the 5th. If you see him late, scoop him up.

I also like Garrard. Much better as a QB2, but he was the #14 QB in my leagues last year. If you call the top 10-12 QB1s, he was only 18 pts out of the top 10, which is about 1 pt a week. He was ahead of Palmer, Ryan, Flacco, Cassel, Campbell, Orton, etc. If they can get their WRs figured out, he could really move up into the top 10.

Another WR to keep an eye on is the aging and criminal Donte Stallworth. I know, I know, I dropped him in many leagues, but he's been looking good in camp, and is going really late. At FFC he is going UNDRAFTED. With Flacco improving, he could get some action, and is worth a late flier IMO.
wickerkat
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby 18 and 1 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:54 am

wickerkat wrote:Agree on Aroma, I also like Garrard. Much better as a QB2, but he was the #14 QB in my leagues last year. If you call the top 10-12 QB1s, he was only 18 pts out of the top 10, which is about 1 pt a week. He was ahead of Palmer, Ryan, Flacco, Cassel, Campbell, Orton, etc. If they can get their WRs figured out, he could really move up into the top 10.

As a Garrad fan you should get a kick out of this - http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6280813/
18 and 1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wickerkat » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:06 pm

okay, that was funny
wickerkat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:36 pm

wickerkat wrote:okay, that was funny

Who hasn't used that argument before? The thing is, it's one of a bunch of possible arguments, and some ppl use only that one argument. It gets old if used too much, but if used strategically, you can get an elite QB for a swap in elite WRs.

Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:41 pm

Someone from the Chicago Bears is going to be this years Sidney Rice. Gut feeling is Aroshmedu (sp?) dude, but could just as easily Hester.

I fully expect James Starks to give Ryan Grant a run for the starting position this year as well.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby wickerkat » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:04 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Someone from the Chicago Bears is going to be this years Sidney Rice. Gut feeling is Aroshmedu (sp?) dude, but could just as easily Hester.

I just don't think it'll EVER be Hester, but I hear he's studying with Isaac Bruce. I think Aroma or even Knox. But right now I keep hearing it's Hester and Knox as the starters. It should be Aroma soon though, imo.
wickerkat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kareighuis » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:27 am

wickerkat wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Someone from the Chicago Bears is going to be this years Sidney Rice. Gut feeling is Aroshmedu (sp?) dude, but could just as easily Hester.

I just don't think it'll EVER be Hester, but I hear he's studying with Isaac Bruce. I think Aroma or even Knox. But right now I keep hearing it's Hester and Knox as the starters. It should be Aroma soon though, imo.

Does that make Aroma a cheaper buy from owners who read that news that Hester and Knox are the starters?

Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk