Brandon Marshall - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brandon Marshall

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brandon Marshall (MIA)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:15 am

Marshall to Dolphins for two 2nd rounders. One in 2010 and one in the future.

The Broncs are selling off the farm. Can't see them being better this year without him. I think every player on the team except the WR's fair worse than last year. Marshall is a guy you have to cover so he takes pressure off of others. Without that I think the Broncs are in a bit of trouble this year.

As for Miami this obviously helps them. He will also fit right in given the trouble the Dolphins players have been in. If they can keep him under wraps he will be a huge asset for them.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Brandon Marshall to Dolphins

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:20 pm

I believe this can only help, not hurt the Phins in their current situation. I mean they are trying to keep up with the Pats and especially the Jets in the AFC East, this was the best WR available, hell why not take a chance. Tuna has already said he wouldn't take in a player that he couldn't take under his wing, so apparently he knows something about Marshall and his 'troubled' past that we don't.

Heck of a lot of people out there saying that this is going to kill the Phins and the locker room, when in fact I have no idea where they get this from. This is a guy guy who everyone in the locker room's of past with him say that hes all but a stand up commedian and that hes a great guy to have in the locker room. Off the field issues? Yes, but who doesn't. Hell look at the Steelers their 2 biggest supporting casts have had multiple off field issues and they still win Championships. Case and point Marshall actually lives in/around Miami, so the whole 'look what he did in Denver, just imagine the nightlife in Miami' lines aren't entirely true, seens how he lives there he knows what to expect and what to see/do on a nightly basis. What I'm trying to get at is I think most of his antics where just to get the hell out of Denver because that seemed to be everyones plan.

Also on another note, Miami just tried to lock him up long term, Marshall signed 4-year $47.5Mil, $24Mil guaranteed. This is the only flaw I see in the whole deal, yes sign him to a long term contract, but that was just dumb giving him that kind of money. This deal makes Marshall the highest paid wideout in HISTORY, topping Larry Fitz's average of $10Mil a year. Is he a Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson? Hell no at this point and time. Only mistake made by Miami thus far was giving him that much money before they see how he fits in the system and plays with Miami out on the field.

But still larger overhang is the fact that Miami only have 2 2nd round picks and only 1 per draft. Compared to the 'we will only take a 1st and 2nd rounder for Marshall' just a few months ago. Nice deal, now we can focus on our Defense with the top pick.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TruNinerFan » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:57 pm

:-t :-t :-t :-t

I have Marshall in 2 dynasty leagues and I did not want to see him end up in Miami. They just love to run the ball. I see his targets going way down in that offense.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:38 pm

TruNinerFan wrote::-t :-t :-t :-t

I have Marshall in 2 dynasty leagues and I did not want to see him end up in Miami. They just love to run the ball. I see his targets going way down in that offense.

I'd really have to disagree with this. They have invested, or at least started to really invest into that o-line and Henne I really don't think gets enough credit for what he is able to do. Chad has great arm strength, a big inconsistant at times, but for the most part was really spot on when his number was called. I do see them running often, but there is no way they just spent $47Mil on a guy to not give him the ball, and like I say with Henne's big arm I see this being a great fit for Marshall. I also really don't see Ronnie Brown hanging around much longer, so Miami may finally get smart and realize that with the investments in the line, the developement of Henne and the brand new addition of a WR that can actually run routes and better yet catch a ball, that they may actually turn more to the pass this year then in years previous.

Just my $.02 but I really have to believe that with Henne, his old college teammate blockin his blindside and now Marshall as a #1, Greg Camarillo returning as a dependable WR opposite of Marshall and Brian Hartline emerging last year as a dependable and more so towards the end of the season a go2guy for Henne in the Slot with Bess figuring into the mix. Could actually be a very nice passing offense.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:40 pm

TruNinerFan wrote::-t :-t :-t :-t

I don't see 100 catches for him in that offense, but he should still be very productive. Like Bazzy implies, Henne isn't given enough credit. He and Marshall should click and BM (ha, like the turd - fitting :-D ) should still garner some great stat lines.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Brandon Marshall

Postby bungle613 » Wed May 19, 2010 4:00 pm

According to ESPN's John Clayton, the surgery Brandon Marshall recently underwent is to his hip.

Marshall also underwent hip surgery last offseason. The Dolphins are characterizing the latest procedure as "routine," indicating that it was arthroscopic in nature and designed to correct dead cartilage in the hip. However, two hip surgeries in as many years remains cause for concern, and coach Tony Sparano wouldn't commit Wednesday to Marshall returning for the start of training camp. Marshall has been quick to recover from injuries in the past, but he'll need to be monitored closely all summer.

I have to agree, not great news for Marshall owners. Apparently the Fish are a little miffed that they were not informed of this.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Re: Marshall out after more surgery

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed May 19, 2010 11:28 pm

bungle613 wrote:
According to ESPN's John Clayton, the surgery Brandon Marshall recently underwent is to his hip.

Marshall also underwent hip surgery last offseason. The Dolphins are characterizing the latest procedure as "routine," indicating that it was arthroscopic in nature and designed to correct dead cartilage in the hip. However, two hip surgeries in as many years remains cause for concern, and coach Tony Sparano wouldn't commit Wednesday to Marshall returning for the start of training camp. Marshall has been quick to recover from injuries in the past, but he'll need to be monitored closely all summer.

I have to agree, not great news for Marshall owners. Apparently the Fish are a little miffed that they were not informed of this.

That is what the physical is for. Sounds minor to me. I'll keep an eye out though.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby bungle613 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:10 am

Fantasy football news site are worse then the national enquirer. It was surgery to his other hip and seems to be minor surgery although they are on record of saying he is out until camp.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Fri May 21, 2010 5:29 pm

bungle613 wrote:Fantasy football news site are worse then the national enquirer. It was surgery to his other hip and seems to be minor surgery although they are on record of saying he is out until camp.

I don't know Bungle, this sounds pretty serious....I think the only thing for you to do here is trade him to me in our dynasty and part ways while you can before it gets any worse :-B
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bungle613 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:19 am

LS2throwed wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Fantasy football news site are worse then the national enquirer. It was surgery to his other hip and seems to be minor surgery although they are on record of saying he is out until camp.

I don't know Bungle, this sounds pretty serious....I think the only thing for you to do here is trade him to me in our dynasty and part ways while you can before it gets any worse :-B

Get in line, one of your competitors has been chasing Marshall for awhile now. Has made some very good offers as well. :-b
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to Football Talk