Who is the #7 pick in dynasty league rookie drafts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #7 pick in dynasty league rookie drafts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Poll ended at Sun May 23, 2010 7:57 pm

RB Montario Hardesty, Cleveland Browns
35%
WR Golden Tate, Seattle Seahawks
5%
QB Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams
35%
WR Arrelious Benn, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
20%
Other (please explain)
5%

Total votes : 20

Postby The Lung » Wed May 19, 2010 7:57 pm

Who is the #7 pick in dynasty league rookie drafts? You are voting on who will have the best fantasy football production in the NFL over the next 4 or 5 years with the team on which the player was just drafted, NOT who will have the best year in 2010. Assume standard scoring (1 pt. per 10 yards rushing / receiving, and no PPR) Also please assume that you have a balanced roster and don't have a great specific need for a QB, WR, etc.

Feel free to discuss the pros and cons of these players - this could be helpful for some and generate some good discussion. If you'd like to vote for a player NOT on this list, then please vote "other" and make a post to discuss the player. This will serve as a write-in vote for that player. ;-D

Previous polls
1.01 RB Ryan Mathews, San Diego Chargers
1.02 RB Jahvid Best, Detroit Lions
1.03 WR Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys
1.04 RB C.J. Spiller, Buffalo Bills
1.05 RB Ben Tate, Houston Texans
1.06 WR Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who is the #7 pick in dynasty league rookie drafts?

Postby bungle613 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:01 pm

I'm winning. Never get tired of that joke. :-b
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kareighuis » Wed May 19, 2010 10:56 pm

Went with Hardesty. All the rest of the RBs are handcuffs or longshots. Still have questions about Bradford, and the WRs have quality questions about their QBs and instability in their coaching staff (recent and/or anticipated).
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LS2throwed » Wed May 19, 2010 10:57 pm

Montario Hardesty, no way he should go any further then this point, people are sleeping on him, and while Cleveland is still rebuilding that offensive line is damn good, and was good enough for Jerome Harrison to go nuts numerous times.

Way too early for Sam Bradford, guys like Stafford/Sanchez weren't going until late 1st/early 2nd and the situation for Bradford is alot worse. He's going to get thrown to the wolves year one, and is anyone confident that he can take the type of hits Stafford manned up and took last season? I'm not. He has shown he can't take a hit, and while he may be 100% the right thing would be to sit him this year to get on an NFL training program for a year, but now he has no WR's or TE's to throw to and a suspect line, and one more serious injury to his throwing shoulder and his career is wrecked, not the risk I want this soon.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Wenchtamer » Thu May 20, 2010 12:22 am

I went with Bradford but I think it's a coinflip with Hardesty.

Hardesty is the last of the tier 2 backs, and like ls2 said, every RB after him is weak. But he also has competition, is on a team that is weak at WR, QB, TE, and all over the defense. On top of that he has questionable NFL level talent.

Bradford has the talent. He has injury concerns and concerns about his team but his long-term potential is undeniable. I think it just gets to the point where the top QB looks better than the second-tier back.

This is where team needs come into play. But from a talent standpoint I think Bradford has to go by this pick.
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Postby Kareighuis » Thu May 20, 2010 8:20 am

Wenchtamer wrote:I went with Bradford but I think it's a coinflip with Hardesty.

Hardesty is the last of the tier 2 backs, and like ls2 said, every RB after him is weak. But he also has competition, is on a team that is weak at WR, QB, TE, and all over the defense. On top of that he has questionable NFL level talent.

Bradford has the talent. He has injury concerns and concerns about his team but his long-term potential is undeniable. I think it just gets to the point where the top QB looks better than the second-tier back.

This is where team needs come into play. But from a talent standpoint I think Bradford has to go by this pick.

I think it comes down to Bradford or Hardesty. Cle does have talent issues throughout it's roster and Bradford has a well-documented injury history. With Holmgren calling the shots, I'm willing to bet the first issue will be at least partly rectified, while I have nothing to base a belief that Bradford's injury issues will magically disappear by joining the NFL other than hope.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Guru13 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:39 am

LS2throwed wrote:Montario Hardesty, no way he should go any further then this point, people are sleeping on him, and while Cleveland is still rebuilding that offensive line is damn good, and was good enough for Jerome Harrison to go nuts numerous times.

Way too early for Sam Bradford, guys like Stafford/Sanchez weren't going until late 1st/early 2nd and the situation for Bradford is alot worse. He's going to get thrown to the wolves year one, and is anyone confident that he can take the type of hits Stafford manned up and took last season? I'm not. He has shown he can't take a hit, and while he may be 100% the right thing would be to sit him this year to get on an NFL training program for a year, but now he has no WR's or TE's to throw to and a suspect line, and one more serious injury to his throwing shoulder and his career is wrecked, not the risk I want this soon.

You might be surprised to see how 'suspect' the Rams' line is. Very underrated. It's certainly not the best in the league, but it's much improved over what Bulger was dealing with the last few years.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Thu May 20, 2010 4:15 pm

Liked Bradford at 6, would have taken him at 5, and if my team was thin at QB I take him with #4. So I'll go with him here. He has the potential to grow into a fantasy friendly position in St Louis. No brainer.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby The Lung » Sat May 22, 2010 4:09 pm

This one is a dead heat but I'm surprised there's not more commentary. :-?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat May 22, 2010 5:33 pm

This one is just for Joe, and you can link this up like you did with my last post if you would like... ;-)

I went with Benn. This kid is so underrated for two reasons. One-the college stats he produced, so lets look a little further into that. Lets start off by stating the talent that was surrounding him at WR and TE. WR Core consisted of WR1-Benn WR2-Jarred Fayson WR3-a rotating door. Fayson was a Florida transfer who is undersized at 6ft even and 200lbs soaking wet, he played a few games and had a few catches, but can say nothing more about him other then rival.com gave him 5 stars for some ungodly reason. Fayson is a below average WR at best. So lets look at the other options that stepped up a bit early-mid season; Chris Duvalt, again another receiver who was used very sparingly, so never stuck; lets just make this as short and simple as possible: aside from Benn the next top 4 "WR labeled" players combined for 884yd on only 65rec (Benn had 38rec on his own, so average that out thats 16rec for 220 per receiver after Benn). Tight End help? Lol, ya right. Big Ole' Jeff Cumberland (6'5" 260lb) did go for 1001yd, over FOUR years. His most productive year he had 20rec, other wise not another year over 16. That was out of their TE1. Another sad point(s)? Their 5th best receiver was their RB, their 7th best a backup RB and best yet Eddie McGee (backup QB) only had 100 less receiving yards then their WR3 on the year last year.

Then you factor in the horrid QB option (who was supposed to be the next big thing) in Juice Williams, who would rather run the ball then throw it. He has a 2-year completion % of 57.6, rushed the ball only 84 fewer times (143 rush att) then he did then he did throwing the ball (227 pash att), that means that Benn caught 31% of Juice's completions. Juice looked like he hit the sophmore wall last year as his freshman year he connected 67 times for 1055yd with Benn.

So with that background its onto why Benn deserves to 'go this high' right? So Freeman is still also a raw QB, but does have a year of experience under his belt, and it only helps Benn with the QB/WR situation having a young guy that he won't have to win over to get balls thrown his way, like he may if he were going to a team with a vet QB and vet receivers that he has a connection with. Arrelious I really think has the 2nd best physical WR attributes in this draft, and they are stagering. He is still raw in some areas, but his body control is amazing and with his size he already had the upper hand anyways, his release off the line is also top notch--he has quick feet and I don't remember too many times seeing him jammed at the line, his field vision is about average but he makes up for that with his great ability to break tackles with his power and out do those would be tacklers with his speed and finally one of the biggest, and what will get him out on the field as soon as week 1 is his above average blocking ability. His toughness is nothing to shake a stick at, hes never been afraid to run routes over the middle and the toughness is evident in going up strong for the ball while taking the heavy hit. Yes he has some flaws, but what rookie doesn’t? He needs some work on his hands with the easy catches (which is more so just a lack of focus, cuz he can make any hard catch look easy), bailing a QB out (meaning he has a tendency to stop on a play when the QB is scrambling, instead of coming back to help out) and learning how to loosen up his hips to make those jabs and cut backs.

Overall I like Bryant, but I actually think that Benn has the WR ability to outdo him, this year and in the future. Benn is a stellar athlete and physical attributes are just something most receivers don’t have. Also Kellen Winslow and Michael Clayton can do nothing but help this young guy along the way. Tampa has far more weapons than any team that Arrelious has ever played on has had, so I’m geared up to see what this prospect can do. Quote it, don’t sleep on this guy!

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk