Handcuff quandry - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Handcuff quandry

Moderator: Football Moderators

Handcuff quandry

Postby Warpigs » Thu May 20, 2010 7:44 pm

Now that Felix Jones has been named the official starting RB for Dallas, who is the RB to target as a handcuff? The RB battle in Dallas could be an interesting one to watch this offseason.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Handcuff quandry

Postby bungle613 » Thu May 20, 2010 9:20 pm

Here is a projection for the workload this year...

Felix Jones: 210
Marion Barber: 125
Tashard Choice: 55

Mine would be

Jones - 190
Barber - 125
Choice - 75
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu May 20, 2010 10:26 pm

The immediate handcuff is MBIII but in the next few years. Eventually the Cowboys will have to make a choice between MBIII and choice. I think they will eventually release MBIII and rely on Choice as the banger.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Kareighuis » Thu May 20, 2010 11:47 pm

This year, I think the RB2 position will be too murky to determine who the handcuff is. Jones' propensity to get injured murks the situation even more. Long-term, though, I think Choice is the man to own, considering their respective ADP/trade value.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby portisfan24 » Fri May 21, 2010 2:32 am

MBIII actually performed well when he was the "backup" to Julius Jones, especially in the 4th quarter. I don't know if it will be the same situation, but I think Barber could be a good pickup who is bound to fall because of this news.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby da bears » Fri May 21, 2010 8:10 am

Kareighuis wrote:This year, I think the RB2 position will be too murky to determine who the handcuff is. Jones' propensity to get injured murks the situation even more. Long-term, though, I think Choice is the man to own, considering their respective ADP/trade value.

spot on here, I'll target Choice sit back a few weeks til the injury bug hits and boom.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Fri May 21, 2010 7:19 pm

The one guy I won't be taking here is Jones.

I think Barber's going to have a pretty good role here. He do goal-line, short-yardage, some 3rd down (he's a better blocker than Felix; he'll do maybe 2/3 of 3rd downs?). He'll also be the "4th-quarter back" like last year. Felix will be the primary back (probably similar to what Julius was on the Cowboys, except he'll be a ton better at it. Choice will do specialty plays (wildcat) and get the odd carry here and there, but he's useless until one of the other two go down.

I really like Marion Barber this year. I think he's a good flex option in 12-team leagues. After this news, he'll be drafted as a bench player....
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Mon May 24, 2010 11:26 pm

It will be interesting to see if not carrying the ball as much will help keep Barber fresher and make him a force in the redzone. Were I Dallas, I would have to consider running Jones between the 20s, and a Barber/Choice backfield in the redzone. I hate the Cowboys.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk