Romo Competing to Play in US Open - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Romo Competing to Play in US Open

Moderator: Football Moderators

Romo Competing to Play in US Open

Postby joejlitz » Fri May 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Let the controversy begin: Is this ok? Shouldn't he be focused on playing football? Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is a step closer to competing in the U.S. Open golf tournament.

Romo was among seven golfers who moved on to the sectional round following a round at The Honors Club of Dallas. Romo shot a 2-under 69, which put him in a four-man playoff for three spots.

Romo advances to a 36-hole qualifier June 7 at The Woodlands. If he's among the top finishers there, he would have a spot in the season's second major tournament June 17-20 at Pebble Beach.

Last week, Romo advanced to the Monday qualifier for the Byron Nelson Championship, but had to drop out because it conflicted with a Cowboys workout. The first round of the Byron Nelson was Thursday.

There's no Cowboys conflict June 7.

Source: Fox Sports
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Romo Competing to Play in US Open

Postby scottaa1 » Fri May 21, 2010 3:02 pm

wow... first carrie underwood and jessica simpson, now I find out he has a great golf game... I can truly say that I hate tony romo. ;-7
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Fri May 21, 2010 5:12 pm

scottaa1 wrote:wow... first carrie underwood and jessica simpson, now I find out he has a great golf game... I can truly say that I hate tony romo. ;-7

Don't forget Sophia Bush, and most recent Miss Missouri Candice Crawford...yeah I hate him also. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Fri May 21, 2010 6:31 pm

So if you had to choose, would you rather

a) have dated those women
b) be that good at golf
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby biju » Fri May 21, 2010 6:52 pm

scottaa1 wrote:So if you had to choose, would you rather

a) have dated those women
b) be that good at golf

B.

To quote Tony Montana "In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. "

You can't get the woman and then be good at golf. :-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Metroid » Fri May 21, 2010 7:49 pm

That's a tough question but I'd choose B as well.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri May 21, 2010 7:55 pm

I don't like it. What if he hurts his neck like Tiger. He is using some of the same muscles you use while throwing which means you can strain them. And as Joe mentioned the focus. To be that good means you play alot more so you are not rusty. Peyton Manning would use that time to get better at QB or do commercials.

I'd pick B to for the same reason as Biju.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby moochman » Mon May 24, 2010 11:23 pm

And still has the time to change old ladies flat tires, take homeless to the movies (and no doubt buy him M&Ms), really hate that dude.

I would chose A. Tony Montana died face first, not on a golf course, not in the arms of one or more of Romo's beauties, but bloodied in a hail of gunfire by others trying to be more powerful. Just give me Romo's beauties and I will find a way to be perfectly happy without ever sniffing a US Open. Heck, I may give up golf entirely.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Thu May 27, 2010 2:00 pm

How is this any different than Chad participating on DWTS :-? The article specifically said he is missing an event because of football related activities. Are you telling me that no other football players play golf during the off-season?

I choose B ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby aaawall91 » Thu May 27, 2010 2:05 pm

DWTS is probably some sick cross training for football players and WR, tons of footwork stuff.

Golf, we'll its a life-time sport, not exactly improving your football game playing it.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Next

Return to Football Talk