New here...need some help with schedule.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New here...need some help with schedule....

Moderator: Football Moderators

New here...need some help with schedule....

Postby joeyjoeyb » Sun May 23, 2010 12:23 pm

Hello everyone. Great board...wish I found this a few years ago...

We are down to 15 teams from 16. I need a good schedule for a 15 team league with 3 divisions of 5 playing each other twice each in the division and the other 6 games random. ( I would like to go 14 weeks and have 3 weeks for playoffs, but 13 would be ok as well) Can anyone help me out!! It was pretty easy with 16 teams, so I am just a little confused. Thanks

Mike
joeyjoeyb
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: New here...need some help with schedule....

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun May 23, 2010 7:51 pm

That is a very unique scenario. Most leagues have 10-12 teams. Very few have as many as 14. I know I personally have never tried.

But luckily for you I have a solution and all I ask is you visit the forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here.

This should help you generate a schedule. http://schedules.footballguys.com/index.php?teams=15
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby joeyjoeyb » Sun May 23, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks for the INFO...I actually use that site every year to do our schedule. But I am looking for a few more options than what they list. Plus it says under the 15 team schedule that you can use the 16 team schedules but enter "bye" next to one of the teams. Now that confuses me if you are trying to do one that plays each division team twice and so on. So basically was hoping there was something else out there that could help me out.

This is our 7th year and we have had 16 teams every year. It is tough for waiver wire stuff, but I love it!!
joeyjoeyb
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bungle613 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:05 pm

joeyjoeyb wrote:Thanks for the INFO...I actually use that site every year to do our schedule. But I am looking for a few more options than what they list. Plus it says under the 15 team schedule that you can use the 16 team schedules but enter "bye" next to one of the teams. Now that confuses me if you are trying to do one that plays each division team twice and so on. So basically was hoping there was something else out there that could help me out.

This is our 7th year and we have had 16 teams every year. It is tough for waiver wire stuff, but I love it!!

I'm curious as to why you just don't fill the seemingly vacated team?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby joeyjoeyb » Sun May 23, 2010 9:29 pm

We would actually like to get down to a 12-14 team league and are going to do it through attrition so obviously we are not going to fill the spot. We actually did a 14 team league last year and it was great. (had 2 of our team members deploy due to military commitments) Just want a few more options than the 3 that are listed on that site.
joeyjoeyb
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bungle613 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:50 pm

joeyjoeyb wrote:We would actually like to get down to a 12-14 team league and are going to do it through attrition so obviously we are not going to fill the spot. We actually did a 14 team league last year and it was great. (had 2 of our team members deploy due to military commitments) Just want a few more options than the 3 that are listed on that site.

hmmm...interesting. This should actually go into Commish Corner (for future reference) but I'll let it ride here for a day or two and hopefully someone comes up with a genius solution for you. Wish I could help but never run into this issue before.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby portisfan24 » Mon May 24, 2010 3:13 am

So, are you against having byes? If not, there are situations where certain teams play two opponents in the same week. That would mean no byes and gets over the odd number of teams problem. I'm not entirely sure about how the logistics would work, but it should be workable.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joeyjoeyb » Mon May 24, 2010 6:37 am

No, I am not against byes at all....just would like a few more options than the 3 listed for 15 teams on the football guru site. It says on there that there is option to do a 16 team shchedule and type bye in for one team...but am confused on how that would work.
joeyjoeyb
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby spodog » Wed May 26, 2010 6:05 pm

Not many people have built schedules for 15 team leagues because it is very difficult to create a truly balanced schedule for a 15 team league.

I have two schedules for 15 team leagues that may be of interest to you:

- Regular Season ends in NFL Week 14
- Every team plays 17 regular season games (3 doubleheader per team)
- Every team plays each of their Division opponents once or twice
- Every team plays every other team in the league at least once

- Regular Season ends in NFL Week 14
- Every team plays 21 regular season games (7 doubleheader weeks)
- Every team plays each of their Division opponents twice
- Every team plays every other team in the league at least once

Shoot me a PM if you are interested in either of these schedules.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joeyjoeyb » Wed May 26, 2010 7:11 pm

PM sent...very very interested. I am little confused on the 2 scenerios....do each one under #1 apply or those are the choices you have per scenerio?
joeyjoeyb
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Football Talk