New here...need some help with schedule.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New here...need some help with schedule....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: New here...need some help with schedule....

Postby telek » Thu May 27, 2010 1:14 pm

My league had an odd number of teams one year, so we incorporated doubleheader weeks to come up with a reasonable schedule. It worked alright, but I made sure that the doubleheader weeks were weeks when all NFL teams were playing. I didn't want to put any team at a disadvantage of having to play a doubleheader when some of their players were on NFL byes. Just something to consider if you go that route.
telek
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Thu May 27, 2010 1:32 pm

telek wrote:My league had an odd number of teams one year, so we incorporated doubleheader weeks to come up with a reasonable schedule. It worked alright, but I made sure that the doubleheader weeks were weeks when all NFL teams were playing. I didn't want to put any team at a disadvantage of having to play a doubleheader when some of their players were on NFL byes. Just something to consider if you go that route.

We also did something similar with double header weeks, but made sure that they were not played during NFL bye weeks too ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby joeyjoeyb » Thu May 27, 2010 3:23 pm

Thanks guys...I would never have thought of that until it was too late. Man...this board rocks!!
joeyjoeyb
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby spodog » Fri May 28, 2010 11:15 am

#1 is a distinct schedule, with each of the bullet items being a descriptive term describing that schedule.

#2 is a totally different schedule, with slightly different characteristics.

I actually ended up sending you 3 different 15 team schedules, as I found a 3rd one we had as well.

in one schedule, all teams play 17 games, in another, all teams play 19 and all teams play 21 games in the 3rd. All of them use DH scheduling to balance the fact that there are an odd number of teams.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk