Who is the #8 pick in dynasty league rookie drafts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #8 pick in dynasty league rookie drafts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Poll ended at Fri May 28, 2010 10:44 pm

WR Golden Tate, Seattle Seahawks
31%
WR/RB Dexter McCluster, Kansas City Chiefs
6%
QB Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams
50%
WR Arrelious Benn, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
13%
Other (please explain)
No votes

Total votes : 16

Postby The Lung » Mon May 24, 2010 10:44 pm

Who is the #8 pick in dynasty league rookie drafts? You are voting on who will have the best fantasy football production in the NFL over the next 4 or 5 years with the team on which the player was just drafted, NOT who will have the best year in 2010. Assume standard scoring (1 pt. per 10 yards rushing / receiving, and no PPR) Also please assume that you have a balanced roster and don't have a great specific need for a QB, WR, etc.

Feel free to discuss the pros and cons of these players - this could be helpful for some and generate some good discussion. If you'd like to vote for a player NOT on this list, then please vote "other" and make a post to discuss the player. This will serve as a write-in vote for that player. ;-D

Previous polls
1.01 RB Ryan Mathews, San Diego Chargers
1.02 RB Jahvid Best, Detroit Lions
1.03 WR Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys
1.04 RB C.J. Spiller, Buffalo Bills
1.05 RB Ben Tate, Houston Texans
1.06 WR Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos
1.07 RB Montario Hardesty, Cleveland Browns
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who is the #8 pick in dynasty league rookie drafts?

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:51 pm

I went with Benn, like I did in the last poll. Really don't think that Bradford should be taken before Benn, Hardesty or even Golden Tate. Like I had said in the rankings I submitted, I think that Clausen should be taken over Bradford anyways, but neither should go this early. There are a lot of names that quite a few don't know about because they didn't play for the USCs or Floridas or any of the biggest of schools, but don't sleep on the no-name guys, instead investigate a bit and you will realize their true value.

Benn overall will have a much bigger impact this year, and should compete with Sam's value long term in the Fantasy World.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby biju » Tue May 25, 2010 4:00 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:Benn overall will have a much bigger impact this year, and should compete with Sam's value long term in the Fantasy World.

Doesn't the phrase "should compete" indicate that his value long term only *may* be on par with Bradford's value, or am I reading your sentence wrong? The point of this exercise isn't to pick the guy that's going to be better this year, it's long term value.

This is the same reason I quit doing mocks on fantasy football calculator. Too many people were trying to use it only how they saw fit ("My league uses 4 WRs so they are much more heavily valued than RBs!" was my favorite) and degraded the entire value of the draft.

Of course, if your sentence meant that it's a coin flip for long term value that might make more sense. I still hesitate to think any rookie WR is going to have meaningful value this year.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue May 25, 2010 5:16 pm

biju wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:Benn overall will have a much bigger impact this year, and should compete with Sam's value long term in the Fantasy World.

Doesn't the phrase "should compete" indicate that his value long term only *may* be on par with Bradford's value, or am I reading your sentence wrong? The point of this exercise isn't to pick the guy that's going to be better this year, it's long term value.

This is the same reason I quit doing mocks on fantasy football calculator. Too many people were trying to use it only how they saw fit ("My league uses 4 WRs so they are much more heavily valued than RBs!" was my favorite) and degraded the entire value of the draft.

Of course, if your sentence meant that it's a coin flip for long term value that might make more sense. I still hesitate to think any rookie WR is going to have meaningful value this year.

I should have put more time into the post, but I just wanted to get my point across that I think Bradford is being widely overrated for Fantasy Relevance. Even long term I don't think Sam will carry the value of either WRs in Benn or Tate, further more I don't think he will have the value that Clausen will long term. Also think about the fact that its only going to take one good hit or one lineman to land on Brandford's shoulder and hes done for quite a while. Like I said later in that post, I think people are sleeping on some of the guys that are coming from schools that are less likely to be highlighted on ESPN networks Saturday mornings or on the ESPN highlight reels.

bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kareighuis » Wed May 26, 2010 1:08 pm

Went with G Tate. Don't think I can justify taking Bradford's low-ish ceiling which comes with his rather low floor (injury). Too soon to get the backups and I like Tate's effort over Benn's catching issues.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:15 am

Kareighuis wrote:Went with G Tate. Don't think I can justify taking Bradford's low-ish ceiling which comes with his rather low floor (injury). Too soon to get the backups and I like Tate's effort over Benn's catching issues.

See and I just don't understand this. I would love to say I'm Green and White, Sparty thru and thru, so not much love for Benn and Illinois, but why the pop ups about Benn's hands and catching issues? I think yall should check out some of his video footage and see for yoursleves.

I really do like Golden also, but one big factor holding me back on him is the fact that Hasselbeck is not getting any younger, and has suddenly had some pretty serious injuries start popping up. Especially when your looking at Charlie Whitehurst/JP Losman having to step in this year instead of even Senca Wallace %-6

bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk