Seattle waives LenDale ... looking to deal for Marshawn? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Seattle waives LenDale ... looking to deal for Marshawn?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Seattle waives LenDale ... looking to deal for Marshawn?

Postby Warpigs » Fri May 28, 2010 5:32 pm

Seattle surprisingly releases LenDale White today (some were thinking at one point that White had a shot at starting under Carroll). More news has relayed that LenDale will be suspended for substance abuse. Check this all out here:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 44&id=3637

A friend then said that he saw from a reputable source that the Seahawks were nearing a deal for Marshawn Lynch. Nothing concrete on this yet.

This all has some definite fantasy implications.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Seattle waives LenDale ... looking to deal for Marshawn?

Postby mattb47 » Sat May 29, 2010 1:13 am

Interesting...I'm sure LenDale could still find himself with some sort of fantasy value in the right landing spot assuming the reports of him being in really good shape are true but this is a big blow to him...Seattle was perfect for him this season and he must have really screwed something up for them to just outright release him after trading for him.

Lynch to Seattle would boost all 3 of Lynch, Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller's fantasy values in one single trade.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheDiplomats » Sat May 29, 2010 10:43 am

Apparently, it was White's extremely poor work ethic and not the 4 game suspension that caused Seattle to boot him from the team.

If Seattle does not acquire anyone else, I think Justin Forsett has a real good chance to become their starter. He is very talented, although a bit undersized. Still definitely worth a pickup though now that White is gone. Forsett may actually be a better back than anyone Seattle can bring in at this point (including Marshawn Lynch).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XLic7BhIkk if you have never seen him run. He is pretty damn good.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Sat May 29, 2010 10:58 am

Though I can't fault the Seahawks for upgrading their RB corps, I was looking forward to seeing what kind of value Forcett would have next year. At least the fat man bowed out. Too lazy, poor work ethic? LenWhale White? Really? I sure hope he doesn't waddle over to the Lions compound.
Seattle could be a good spot for Lynch to try and restore his once promising career. Heck, I don't even remember him getting arrested so far this off-season, so maybe Marshawn has straightened up. Any word on Leon Washington is recovering from his injury?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat May 29, 2010 1:58 pm

I kinda feel sorry for the guy. I understand it was pretty devastating.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat May 29, 2010 2:01 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:Forsett may actually be a better back than anyone Seattle can bring in at this point (including Marshawn Lynch).

Yeah, we Seahawk fans like that he gives 110% on each and every play. Put a line in front of him and he could turn a few heads.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Warpigs » Sat May 29, 2010 3:54 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
TheDiplomats wrote:Forsett may actually be a better back than anyone Seattle can bring in at this point (including Marshawn Lynch).

Yeah, we Seahawk fans like that he gives 110% on each and every play. Put a line in front of him and he could turn a few heads.

Especially as young as Lynch is ... could be something special for quite some time if he can land in the right spot with the right supporting cast around him. Might be the perfect time to buy low on Lynch before anything official is determined.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter

Postby joejlitz » Sat May 29, 2010 10:49 pm

They just signed the guy, so this is somewhat shocking to me. Coaches and scouts have networks, so how could the Seahawks not have known about this guy's poor work ethic and immaturity? (these were the reasons listed on rotoworld).
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Kareighuis » Sun May 30, 2010 1:02 am

joejlitz wrote:They just signed the guy, so this is somewhat shocking to me. Coaches and scouts have networks, so how could the Seahawks not have known about this guy's poor work ethic and immaturity? (these were the reasons listed on rotoworld).

A) maybe Carroll the college coach didn't have the right connections;
B) maybe he thought the stories were exaggerated or flat out wrong;
C) maybe he remembered White's issues, but thought he'd be able to keep him straight.

moochman wrote:Any word on Leon Washington is recovering from his injury?

I'd read somewhere that there was a chance that not only would he be unavailable for training camp but might start the season on the PUP list.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon May 31, 2010 10:43 am

Marshawn to Seattle is just a rumor. Seattle was interested in him at the draft but the Bills wanted too much. The only news you can find are sites making assumptions to generate conversation. Absolutely nothing out there suggesting he is close to a deal.

As for Lendale. Eventually he has to get a clue. You only have so many chances to do something and make money. He is burning that bridge. Still might be some interest for his services from teams like the Rams, Houston, or New England who loves grabbing guys like that cheap.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Next

Return to Football Talk