The Flyers are in the Stanley Cup - And I'm Going! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Flyers are in the Stanley Cup - And I'm Going!

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Flyers are in the Stanley Cup - And I'm Going!

Postby joejlitz » Fri May 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Eat your heart our aaawall!

Great story: My cousin (Ron) golfs regularly with Bobby Clarke and Steve Coates. Been doing it for years. I'm not even sure how that first started. My cousin owns a couple of delivery routes for Ginsberg Bread out of Atlantic City, NJ and Tim Kerr used to own a restaurant in Avalon called...T.K.'s. Anyway, he probably met all the Flyers that way because T.K.'s was a part of the route.

So, I called up Ron and asked him if there were anyway he could get tickets. He said probably not, but he would try. So he goes golfing with Clarke and Coatsie two days ago and they both laughed before he could even get the question out of his mouth. Clarke said that he was about the 200th person that asked. Ron probably went on to tell him about me being in the Army and Iraq.

Ron called me and said no dice. Then, he calls me up today and said Clarke gave him two tickets to Friday's game. He said the Flyers gave him 4 and he only was going to use 2. They are Club Box seats! I'm dying here! And...what if Clarke is using the other two and is sitting next to me?!?!?! Wow. This is going to be unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW - Ron is sending me Clarke's mailing address so I can send him a Thank You. I would really like to send him a thoughtful gift. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The Flyers are in the Stanley Cup - And I'm Going!

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat May 29, 2010 2:13 pm

That's friggin awesome, Joe! Have a great time. ;-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat May 29, 2010 11:38 pm

Congrats. ;-D Never been to a cup just a Kings Oilers playoff game back in 11th grade. Never been too much of a hockey fan although I do enjoy the sport. After the strike I haven't watched much.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby aaawall91 » Mon May 31, 2010 12:26 am

Haha, that sounds like a great experience, although I'm not a huge fan of either its a great experience that's for sure.

Although to be fair...it's not actually real hockey...its "Gary Bettman" hockey, this Stanley Cup finals will make him cream his pants based on scores...sure it's not Detroit v Pittsburgh like he wants, but 5 to 6 games all series with 3rd string goalies will make him happy.

If you get tixs by chance to the final game of the series expect to see him holding Lord Stanley's Great cup above his head.

Politics aside here, congrats man, I wish I could score some sweet tix like that. I've been to the NHL All-star game, and the NCAA Hockey National Championship...but NHL Playoffs, Finals, and Olympics are on my list...so yeah..i'm jealous :-L
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:21 pm

Dude that must have been absolutely nuts. Hockey arenas trap noise. A winning goal in OT must have been insane.

Congrats! ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:58 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Dude that must have been absolutely nuts. Hockey arenas trap noise. A winning goal in OT must have been insane.

Congrats! ;-D

C4L, what kind of inside knowledge do you have? Friday's game goes into OT?

also, I'm shocked by the last two games scores to be honest...I guess any goalie can be on top of the world when they are hot.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby knapplc » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:47 am

Go Hawks. O:-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:41 am

knapplc wrote:Go Hawks. O:-)

Begone from my thread, blashpemer! :-[ :-C :-t
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:52 am

By the way, I got Mr. Clarke and my cousin very nice Slazinger golf shirts with my USASOC (army unit) logo on it, golf balls/tees with the logo, and USASOC hats.

Since they play golf together, I thought it appropriate.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:31 pm

aaawall91 wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:Dude that must have been absolutely nuts. Hockey arenas trap noise. A winning goal in OT must have been insane.

Congrats! ;-D

C4L, what kind of inside knowledge do you have? Friday's game goes into OT?

also, I'm shocked by the last two games scores to be honest...I guess any goalie can be on top of the world when they are hot.

None whatsoever which makes me dangerous. I can see another OT win for the Flyers but I think they will do it in 3 periods this time :-)
Cowboys 4 life

Next

Return to General Talk