Rookie Draft Commentary (Plus Offseason & Season Commentary) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

Rookie Draft Commentary (Plus Offseason & Season Commentary)

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Re: Rookie Draft Commentary (Plus Offseason & Season Comment

Postby bungle613 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:09 pm

Hey flots, was just looking through the original draft....was this a single qb league when it first started?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu May 09, 2013 6:42 pm

bungle613 wrote:Hey flots, was just looking through the original draft....was this a single qb league when it first started?

Nope, until we changed the IDP starters for this year, all of the starting requirements have been the same since the beginning. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby bungle613 » Thu May 09, 2013 7:49 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Hey flots, was just looking through the original draft....was this a single qb league when it first started?

Nope, until we changed the IDP starters for this year, all of the starting requirements have been the same since the beginning. ;-D

weird...the qb's were slow to go in a 2 qb league.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu May 09, 2013 8:04 pm

bungle613 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

I agree, but you have to remember that the initial draft was back in 2006, when the 1st rounds of most drafts were all RB's (and all 12 owners picked a RB in the 1st round of our initial draft). Since we only have to start 1 QB, and the QB scoring is 4/-2, I think most owners didn't really consider starting 2 QB's as crucial. I think owners were looking at the fact that we can start 3 RB's...not the fact that we only have to start 1 if we start 2 QB's and 3 WR's. But you're right in that it's weird. If we had an initial draft for this type of league today, QB's would definitely go early and often. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Fri May 10, 2013 6:07 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
bungle613 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

I agree, but you have to remember that the initial draft was back in 2006, when the 1st rounds of most drafts were all RB's (and all 12 owners picked a RB in the 1st round of our initial draft). Since we only have to start 1 QB, and the QB scoring is 4/-2, I think most owners didn't really consider starting 2 QB's as crucial. I think owners were looking at the fact that we can start 3 RB's...not the fact that we only have to start 1 if we start 2 QB's and 3 WR's. But you're right in that it's weird. If we had an initial draft for this type of league today, QB's would definitely go early and often. ;-D

It's not odd at all. Back in 06 one QB threw for 30 tds(Manning)in 05 there was also one(Palmer)The league was entirely different then, there was a reason running backs ruked the earth like the might t-Rex. Rules pertaining to wide receivers were different, you could actually hit the QB. You have to remember there was really no RBBC then either. The half PPR scoring was actually rather innovative then too. Most leagues were standard scoring, much like IDP people were not too eager to change.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri May 10, 2013 7:25 pm

bungle613 wrote:I am going to be a little bit grumpy if my guy falls to 2.12 :-[

Are you a little grumpy? Or was your guy picked? :-?

flotsamnjetsam

Postby bungle613 » Fri May 10, 2013 11:16 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
bungle613 wrote:I am going to be a little bit grumpy if my guy falls to 2.12 :-[

Are you a little grumpy? Or was your guy picked? :-?

You have no freaking idea flots.

3rd and 5th for otc until my guy is gone.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sat May 11, 2013 6:36 pm

I hope I didn't screw up not drafting Flynn's "backup" again this year. I would have taken him at 3.05.
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote:I hope I didn't screw up not drafting Flynn's "backup" again this year. I would have taken him at 3.05.

I thought water boy was going to pick him at 3.01.

flotsamnjetsam

Postby onnestabe » Sun May 12, 2013 8:04 pm

I almost took Kelce at 3.05. You know how Reid loves the TE.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League