Rookie Draft Commentary (Plus Offseason & Season Commentary) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

Rookie Draft Commentary (Plus Offseason & Season Commentary)

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Re: Rookie Draft Commentary (Plus Offseason & Season Comment

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 18, 2013 10:00 pm

Nice pick Dolfin. I really considered picking Nassib at 4.11...with full intentions of trying to trade him to you because you have Eli. :-b ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Nice pick CDogg. Solid flyer candidate in Williams. I would have taken him at 5.12 but was in serious need of LB's at that point. All the running backs on Indy are replaceable, maybe he is the replacement.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Crimedogg32 » Fri May 24, 2013 12:43 pm

bungle613 wrote:Nice pick CDogg. Solid flyer candidate in Williams. I would have taken him at 5.12 but was in serious need of LB's at that point. All the running backs on Indy are replaceable, maybe he is the replacement.

I agree that all the Indy RBs are replaceable (I even have another of them) and was the main reason I made the pick. From the little I know of him he doesn't sound like a 3-down back but I figure there is a decent chance Indy could turn into a Saints style offense and hopefully Williams could be a Sproles-lite.
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri May 24, 2013 3:58 pm

I have a few things to do right now, so I'll pick later tonight. :-/ ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 25, 2013 8:00 pm

GREAT job with the rookie/FA draft everyone! ;-D

All players have been entered on flea. Priority waivers will be turned on Wednesday afternoon (May 29th), and then the first claims will be processed on the following Wednesday morning (June 5th), so please have your cuts in by Tuesday (June 4th) the latest. All rosters need to be down to 40 before I can change the IR slots on flea from 8 to 1. If an owner doesn't make their cuts in time, that owner won't be allowed to make any claims until they get their roster down to 40. I'll send this post to everyone as a PM, and I'll also send it to everyone as an email (for those that I have their email addresses). Good luck to everyone this season! ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby bungle613 » Sat May 25, 2013 8:18 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:GREAT job with the rookie/FA draft everyone! ;-D

All players have been entered on flea. Priority waivers will be turned on Wednesday afternoon (May 29th), and then the first claims will be processed on the following Wednesday morning (June 5th), so please have your cuts in by Tuesday (June 4th) the latest. All rosters need to be down to 40 before I can change the IR slots on flea from 8 to 1. If an owner doesn't make their cuts in time, that owner won't be allowed to make any claims until they get their roster down to 40. I'll send this post to everyone as a PM, and I'll also send it to everyone as an email (for those that I have their email addresses). Good luck to everyone this season! ;-D

Curious as to why the rush on waivers when we are not even set on the roster req's. My final cuts would be based on what our req's are in an ideal world.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 25, 2013 8:34 pm

bungle613 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:GREAT job with the rookie/FA draft everyone! ;-D

Curious as to why the rush on waivers when we are not even set on the roster req's. My final cuts would be based on what our req's are in an ideal world.

I was just going by our league rules (waivers open 1 week after the rookie/FA draft ends). I'm fine with waiting on waivers. Honestly, I was going to bring that up in the other thread as a possibility due to the circumstances surrounding our IDP starting requirements, but it slipped my mind. I already made my cuts, but I agree that it makes sense to wait until we know if flea is going to separate the DL's and DB's (or not).

Since we're going to wait, if anyone wants any of their recent cuts reversed, please just let me know. I'll send this post to everyone as a PM and an email. :-/ ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 25, 2013 9:03 pm

I just had a question about our IR system, which reminded me about something that we should add to our IR rules. In our IR system, the player must be placed on IR by his NFL team in order for us to be able to place the player on IR.

As everyone knows, last year the NFL changed their IR rule by allowing each team to designate one IR player as "eligible to return". Since in our IR system, the player must be placed on IR by his NFL team in order for us to be able to place the player on IR, I think that if an NFL team takes a player off of IR...we must do the same thing.

So the rule stays the same, except we must remove any player from IR if their NFL team does the same. Thoughts? :-?

flotsamnjetsam

Postby bungle613 » Sun May 26, 2013 1:35 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I just had a question about our IR system, which reminded me about something that we should add to our IR rules. In our IR system, the player must be placed on IR by his NFL team in order for us to be able to place the player on IR.

As everyone knows, last year the NFL changed their IR rule by allowing each team to designate one IR player as "eligible to return". Since in our IR system, the player must be placed on IR by his NFL team in order for us to be able to place the player on IR, I think that if an NFL team takes a player off of IR...we must do the same thing.

So the rule stays the same, except we must remove any player from IR if their NFL team does the same. Thoughts? :-?

I thought this was already the rule. Player is anything but IR then he is just hurt and can potentially play at some point this season and must be on active roster.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun May 26, 2013 2:04 pm

bungle613 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:I just had a question about our IR system, which reminded me about something that we should add to our IR rules. In our IR system, the player must be placed on IR by his NFL team in order for us to be able to place the player on IR.

I thought this was already the rule. Player is anything but IR then he is just hurt and can potentially play at some point this season and must be on active roster.

Given our IR rules, I think it's just common sense that a player must be removed from our IR if his NFL team removes him. So it's not really a change or an add to our IR rule (bad wording on my part). Last year was the 1st year that the NFL allowed teams to designate one player as "eligible to return" from IR, and it wasn't an issue with any players on IR in our league, so I don't think it was ever brought up. I just wanted to bring this up in case we have the situation come up in the future. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League