Rookie Draft Commentary (Plus Offseason & Season Commentary) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

Rookie Draft Commentary (Plus Offseason & Season Commentary)

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Re: Rookie Draft Commentary (Plus Offseason & Season Comment

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:01 pm

Looks like this first pick is noncontroversial at least. I can't believe Arian Foster is still available.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:09 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:Looks like this first pick is noncontroversial at least. I can't believe Arian Foster is still available.

Hope that was tounge n cheek. :-?

This is a dynasty league. We draft NFL rookies only. :-B
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:26 am

SeaWolf wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:Looks like this first pick is noncontroversial at least. I can't believe Arian Foster is still available.

Hope that was tounge n cheek. :-?

This is a dynasty league. We draft NFL rookies only. :-B

We draft rookies and undrafted FA's, but obviously Foster is/was not available. I think he's referencing the mistake that stomper made in his pick for 1.01. As stomper posted, he got leagues confused and thought this was a redraft...then he took AJ Green. Is that what you meant thrifty? Or did you think Foster was available? :-? :-S :-D

EDIT: Hey thrifty, here's the link to the league on flea. This way you can check out the undrafted FA's:

http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/league?leagueId=27352

;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby bungle613 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:05 am

Well, no surprises so far. I just hope Wayne Chrebet lasts until my pick after Flots tipped everyone off that he was available still. ;-)
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:18 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:We draft rookies and undrafted FA's, but obviously Foster is/was not available. I think he's referencing the mistake that stomper made in his pick for 1.01. As stomper posted, he got leagues confused and thought this was a redraft...then he took AJ Green. Is that what you meant thrifty? Or did you think Foster was available? :-? :-S :-D

Yeah, sorry for the bad joke guys. Just razzing stomper. Looks like I'm off the hook.... for now.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bungle613 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:24 am

FNJ, I can make cuts now right? or are we in a moratorium for all transactions?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:08 am

thriftyrocker wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:We draft rookies and undrafted FA's, but obviously Foster is/was not available. I think he's referencing the mistake that stomper made in his pick for 1.01. As stomper posted, he got leagues confused and thought this was a redraft...then he took AJ Green. Is that what you meant thrifty? Or did you think Foster was available? :-? :-S :-D

Yeah, sorry for the bad joke guys. Just razzing stomper. Looks like I'm off the hook.... for now.

Lol, yeh sure, make fun of the old guy!!! :-B :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:18 am

bungle613 wrote:FNJ, I can make cuts now right? or are we in a moratorium for all transactions?

You (and anyone else) can makes cuts now if you want. I'm pretty sure flea will let you. But you don't have to if you don't want to. Our rosters are allowed to expand for the rookie/FA draft. Everyone will need to cut down to 35 before they can made any add/drops, and the WW will open 1 week after the rookie/FA draft ends. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby bungle613 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:17 am

Was wondering where Nelson would go. Interesting pick and the first non rookie is off the board in the first. That doesn't usually happen but Kilroy is an against the grain kind of guy. I had him as a 2nd round pick so not too far off.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Kilroy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:31 am

bungle613 wrote:Was wondering where Nelson would go. Interesting pick and the first non rookie is off the board in the first. That doesn't usually happen but Kilroy is an against the grain kind of guy. I had him as a 2nd round pick so not too far off.

I got yer grain sunshine. }:-) :-D

The pick was as much about need as anything. I'm pretty light at WR, and Nelson was as good a choice as any.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League